It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celestial Being Caught on Camera? WTH is This?!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I had my camera sitting on my car so I wouldn't shake it. It looks like that's what happened,

It shows that each picture had a 8 Second exposure. Is that correct? That may account for what looks like movement.
Strange looking thing. Almost looks like a being...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

What is Betelgeuse? Is that a star?

Your theory sounds logical. But, I'm not convinced. Maybe... maybe not.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here's where Betelgeuse is FYI if it helps with identifying areas of sky.

earthsky.org...

Most constellations have only one bright star, but the majestic constellation Orion the Hunter can boast of two: Rigel and Betelgeuse. Even in the glare of the evening moon, you can’t miss these two brilliant beauties if you look eastward around 8 to 9 p.m. Rigel and Betelgeuse reside on opposite sides of Orion’s Belt – three medium-bright stars in a short, straight row.

Betelgeuse – the other bright star in Orion – is the Hunter’s right shoulder. A red supergiant, Betelgeuse is no slouch of a star either. In fact, if Betelgeuse replaced the sun in our solar system, its outer layers would extend past Earth and Mars and to nearly the orbit of Jupiter.

Interestingly and perhaps an aside, Betelgeuse is about to explode soon.
earthsky.org...

Here is the current night sky over Knoxville TN and Orion isn't visible there currently.
www.astroviewer.com...

edit on 12-9-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

I didn't count, but it did seem about that long. I don't know anything about cameras. I just set it on the correct mode, point, and shoot. LOL

So, while it was processing it made it look like it was shaking, even though the camera wasn't? Why?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Well, i will look away from your story and say, shaky camera and light reflection from the lamppost.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

sled735
reply to post by Myomistress

What is Betelgeuse? Is that a star?

Your theory sounds logical. But, I'm not convinced. Maybe... maybe not.

Yes, Betelgeuse is a star. It is a star far off that is a red super giant (and may or may not go supernova in our time, but I doubt it. There's a lot of speculation on that one) . It's part of the constellation Orion so you'd be able to pick it out pretty easily if purposely looking for it. Just look above the three stars that are perfectly aligned beside each other (that being the belt) . If I don't totally fail at it, I'll even embed a video of Betelgeuse super close up in the sky.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

The details of the picture show an 8 second exposure. If that is correct then the objects movement may cause it to look like it does.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Thank you for that. (Claps, since we don't have that one in our smileys anymore).

He is a huge thing!!! So I suppose things are going to rock n' roll when this bad boy goes off, huh? WOW!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yeah, I could see an exposure open that long causing the effect if it (object) was moving.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

No, No, No!!! This wasn't a light reflection from a light post. LOL
I had seen this thing shining bright orange all the way to work that night, and many nights prior.
I have to drive almost 20 miles one way, and it was there right in front of me the whole way.
Other people at work had even mentioned it, wondering what it was.

The light appears close because I had my camera zoomed out as far as it would go. The thing in the sky was too far away to be getting a reflection from the street light.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Betelgeuse Betelgeuse Betelgeuse.........

lol

That will be one HUGE explosion for sure!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

It is a big star, but apparently wouldn't affect Earth though I have some doubt about that, all things connected and all that.

I edited the previous post with a current sky map and Orion and hence Betelgeuse shouldn't be visible from where you are currently.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I responded to your first post. You missed it, I guess?

Yeah, that makes sense. So the object was moving fast enough for it to show this much movement?

What about the flash and the leaving and coming back again? And moving up and down?

I know this was explained with the eye tricks, but... hummmmm.... I guess you just had to be there.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

see the webcam..
wate.net...
i dont see anything because it so claudy..

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Okay then. We can rule that one out.

Thanks for the map. Cool!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Are you certain it wasn't one of these towers with orange lights, cranes or lights for airports etc.

www.earthcam.net...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Thanks for trying. I bookmarked that webcam.
Might come in handy some day.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I live in the boonies. What is an airport? LOL (Just kidding!!)
No, we don't have any airports close by where I am.

See those mountains in the background of that picture? That's where I live; 45 miles east of Knoxville. I wouldn't be able to see a crane light from Knoxville here.

edit on 9/12/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Both Saturn and Venus were recently very close to the moon in the sky, and visible from where you are.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Anyone looking west soon after the sun sets on Sunday, September 8, will be treated to a stunning close encounter between two of the brightest objects in the evening skies: the moon and the planet Venus.

As an added bonus, on the following evening, September 9, the moon will rise higher in the southwestern sky and park itself to the far left of yellow-colored Saturn.

Through even the smallest telescope, the gas giant looks wondrous with its majestic rings and retinue of moons surrounding it.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I have no answers. I will consider all that is posted, but I have no explanation for why it flashed when I asked it to, or moved the way it did.

If Saturn and Venus were both close to the moon, I wonder why I only saw one?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join