It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Emails PROVE IRS' Lerner Targeted Tea Party Groups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I guess we now know exactly why Ms. Lerner pleaded the FIFTH; This is damning!
I hope she's enjoying her long, PAID, vacation...

Lois Lerner's Own Words
Emails undercut the official IRS story on political targeting.

Emails unearthed by the House Ways and Means Committee between former Director of Exempt Organizations Lois Lerner and her staff raise doubts about IRS claims that the targeting wasn't politically motivated and that low-level employees in Cincinnati masterminded the operation.

In a February 2011 email, Ms. Lerner advised her staff—including then Exempt Organizations Technical Manager Michael Seto and then Rulings and Agreements director Holly Paz—that a Tea Party matter is "very dangerous," and is something "Counsel and [Lerner adviser] Judy Kindell need to be in on." Ms. Lerner adds, "Cincy should probably NOT have these cases."

online.wsj.com...

edit on 12-9-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Go figure! It will just be buried with all of the other "fake scandals" that the bad Republicans are manufacturing against this current corrupt administration!

Lerner needs to be behind bars! Perhaps a Zoo would suffice?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

It is a fake scandal though. Progressive groups were 'targeted' as well. I don't see any threads declaring that the IRS went after them. It's only a scandal when it happens to you, right?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

links234

It is a fake scandal though. Progressive groups were 'targeted' as well. I don't see any threads declaring that the IRS went after them. It's only a scandal when it happens to you, right?

But no where near as many right ?

What was that ratio again ?

The commie Left Wing targets anything that they hate and anything that threatens their precious little agendas.

And it's not so fake because it's been shown to be illegal.

Why do you think the sewer swimmer Lerner is shutting up !!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Did you read the OP or just decide to use a bull s&it talking point because I hurt your feelings?

Fact is that even homeland security considers those whom believe in the Constitution to be possible terrorists!

Lerner is a criminal! But hey, I am used to Progs not telling truth to protect their agenda.

BTW.

I don't believe in our fraudulent two party system that has morphed into nothing more than a system to divide us idiots whom still believe in them, thus enabling them to rape us into submission!

Nice try though!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

links234

And here's some more "fakery'....

A House Ways and Means Committee staff analysis of the applications of 111 conservative and progressive groups applying for tax exempt status found conservative applicants faced, “more questions, more denials, more delays,” says committee Chairman Dave Camp, R-Mich.

That is, when the IRS sent groups letters asking for further information, conservative groups were asked more questions — on average, three times more.

All of the groups with “progressive” in their name were ultimately approved, while only 46 percent of conservative groups won approval. Others are still waiting for an answer or gave up.

IRS scoreboard: 100 percent of “targeted” liberal groups were approved, conservatives languished

And this doesn't even include the Barack H. Obama Foundation Farce

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

When the house manages to get anyone fired or thrown in jail let me know, otherwise, it's fake. Except in the right-wing world where it's just as real as the Benghazi scandal.
edit on 12-9-2013 by links234 because: Grammar.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

links234

When the house manages to get anyone fired or thrown in jail let me know, otherwise, it's fake. Except in the right-wing world where it's just as real as the Benghazi scandal.
edit on 12-9-2013 by links234 because: Grammar.

Umm But well uhh duh ....

A top Internal Revenue Service considered a key player in the political targeting scandal that’s hit the agency in recent weeks was fired and had since dropped from sight, one media outlet claimed in a Friday report.

Nobody’s seen or heard from Holly Paz, the director of the IRS Rulings and Agreements division, since she was fired last Friday, National Review Online reported.

Her computer is inactive, her phone is silent, and her Blackberry has stayed black, NRO reported.

IRS agent at heart of scandal believed fired: media report

Wuups !!

(Reuters) - Washington's top tax official was fired on Wednesday as President Barack Obama sought to stem a rising tide of criticism over the Internal Revenue Service's improper targeting of conservative groups for special scrutiny.

With three congressional probes of the IRS looming and Republicans' calls for firings at the agency growing louder, Obama said he told Treasury Secretary Jack Lew to demand the resignation of Steven Miller, the acting IRS commissioner. Lew had done so, the president said.

"I'll do everything in my power to make sure nothing like this happens again by holding the responsible parties accountable, (and) by putting in place new checks and new safeguards," Obama told reporters in the White House's East Room.

Tax chief forced out in IRS scandal

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I am calling a deny ignorance foul, one point thread OP.

Offending contributor, do your homework.

Resume...
edit on 12-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

links234

I see the OPs quote on the conservative groups and I saw the conservative groups testify before a congressional committee. Do you have a reference confirming that specific progressive groups were indeed targeted too? If so please provide their names so that we may all deny ignorance.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Who gave MSNBC an account here?

Is that you Rachel? you sneaky devil! Call me later

edit on 12-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Have no fear iamtat, Ms Lerner will be returning all of her pay when she is doing laundry in the big house for $1.25/hr and avoiding Burtha.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

hahaha Madcow alert!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

Acorn Successors
Emerge America...Which actually had it's status revoked.
"progress"
"Occupy"
"Health Care"
"Medical Marijuana"
etc.

www.washingtonpost.com...
mediamatters.org...

J. Russell George, the IRS inspector general, told the House Oversight Committee that only in the past few weeks has he become aware of documents showing that the IRS screened progressive groups in addition to conservative ones. George said he was "disturbed" by the fact that these documents were not provided to his team of investigators prior to the audit's release and that he was continuing to investigate the issue.

"I am concerned that there may be additional pieces of information that we don’t have," he said. "I'm very concerned about that sir."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

And as far as your op...The GOP has already proven their willingness to dishonestly distort and excerpt selectively out of context emails in order to BS the public. This WSJ piece seems exactly that...95% spin and telling us what the few words provided mean...while not providing actual full transcripts of full emails and the exchange.

Yawn...same old BS...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Washington's top tax official was fired on Wednesday...

Then why still bring it up? To keep the base riled. That's why, "Remember when they did that?! You need to stay angry for the next election cycle!!"

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Christ links if you're going to be a shill for the left at least put a little effort into it. Your post in this thread have been an embarrassment.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

So you're telling me that if we had a Republican administration -- they would never task the IRS to scrutinize liberal groups?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I'll try harder. I've been distracted lately.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

So you're telling me that if we had a Republican administration -- they would never task the IRS to scrutinize liberal groups?

Well let me think....

Has that ever actually happened ?

If it has, then yes.

If not, then no.

new topics

top topics

join