It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Red Crescent Aid Convoy Enters Fallujah*Update*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

A Red Crescent convoy of emergency supplies has entered Fallujah amid fears of a growing humanitarian crisis in the Iraqi battle zone as a massive US led offensive against rebels entered its sixth day.

"The convoy entered Fallujah, just now, it happened five minutes ago," Red Crescent spokeswoman Ferdus al-Ibadi told AFP.

Ms Ibadi had said that the US military had told the Red Crescent that any aid convoy would not be permitted to enter Fallujah as it was too dangerous.

"They [the US troops] let us through, isn't that good news," she exclaimed.

www.abc.net.au...

A little bit of good news.

Sanc'.

edit:title

[edit on 13-11-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
i wonder what else they are carrying in that convoy???? the islamics play up the religous B.S. about the holy sites...and then we find that they are being used for weapons caches ect...why wouldn't they use this as a ploy to get some.....supplies....or evacuate some high ups stuck in the city......and use the good nature of the Americans against the Americans........

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
clearmind, if the U.S. let the convoy through i'm sure it would have been vetted.
Did you read the link?

Sanc'.

edit:text

[edit on 13-11-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
i wonder what else they are carrying in that convoy???? the islamics play up the religous B.S. about the holy sites...and then we find that they are being used for weapons caches ect...why wouldn't they use this as a ploy to get some.....supplies....or evacuate some high ups stuck in the city......and use the good nature of the Americans against the Americans........

It certainly is a catch-22.

One encouraging thing I've seen in some of the footage out of Fallujah is we are hitting the mosques whenever necessary. That's really, REALLY bad news for the insurgents. It shows we're hell bent for leather and we're going to crush them utterly.

Good to see. Leave politics out of war.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis
One encouraging thing I've seen in some of the footage out of Fallujah is we are hitting the mosques whenever necessary. That's really, REALLY bad news for the insurgents. It shows we're hell bent for leather and we're going to crush them utterly.

Good to see. Leave politics out of war.

One encouraging that I have heard is that Bin Laden has been given permission to use nuclear weapons whenever necessary. That's really, REALLY bad news for the Crusaders. It shows he's heaven bent for leather and is going to to crush them utterly.

Good to hear. Leave politics out of war.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
yes i did..and i didn't read anything about the convoy being searched. i guess one would assume that the troops would open crates ect....i have kbnow idea is they did or not. why would they do that..it's only medical supplies in those boxes...............i wouldn't think that the red cresent itself would do this but i'm sure that they have those in their midst that would...just like all new the iraq policemen stay around after their training.............

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226

One encouraging that I have heard is that Bin Laden has been given permission to use nuclear weapons whenever necessary. That's really, REALLY bad news for the Crusaders. It shows he's heaven bent for leather and is going to to crush them utterly.

You're forgetting that they have to figure out HOW to use nuclear weapons first.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
clearmind,
Do you really think the U.S. would let the convoy enter without strict inspection?

Aid 'enters embattled Iraqi city'

news.bbc.co.uk...

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
November 14, 2004. 6:15am (AEDT)

US Blocks Aid From Reaching Fallujah Residents

United States troops were preventing a Red Crescent convoy of emergency aid from reaching residents inside the Iraqi city of Fallujah on Saturday after allowing it as far as the main hospital, a spokeswoman said.

Hopes were raised that the military would make an exception to a no-entry rule when the trucks were allowed as far as the Fallujah general hospital, which was seized ahead of a US-Iraqi assault to gain control of the city.

But wounded residents inside the battle zone were forbidden to enter the fully-equipped facility while US forces stopped the aid convoy from reaching them, Red Crescent spokeswoman Ferdus al-Ibadi told AFP.

The US military was not immediately available for comment.

www.abc.net.au...

I don't get this. The aid convoy is allowed to the hospital, but wounded residents are not allowed
to enter the hospital.

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Its very simple sanctum they have to clean the streets from the death bodies before (outsiders) get a look at it.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Its very simple sanctum they have to clean the streets from the death bodies before (outsiders) get a look at it.

Good point marg. But i really think they should allow women and children in regardless of the media.

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

Good point marg. But i really think they should allow women and children in regardless of the media.

Sanc'.

I know, but image control is more important to the US than the people of that country, my husband was the one that told me about the cleaning of the death, usually is to avoid deseases if the bodies starts to decomposed, then the area will not be safe for anybody to live in the city.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis

It certainly is a catch-22.

One encouraging thing I've seen in some of the footage out of Fallujah is we are hitting the mosques whenever necessary.

throw more fuel into the fire ( weldone to the US troops )
create more hate and get more people to rebel

Originally posted by LostSailor

You're forgetting that they have to figure out HOW to use nuclear weapons first.

it showed in a documentery how plans for dirty bombs made by Alqaeda
was found in caves and how easy it would be for them to get their hands on the material for the device and if they can get that far ( im sure anyone with even a small IQ ) will know they will be able to use it

they may not be likes nukes in power but are deadly in their own way

[edit on 13-11-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Further...
US blocks aid convoy

November 15

AN Iraqi Red Crescent aid convoy waiting at the edge of Fallujah will not be allowed to enter the city centre today, a US Marine officer said.

"They will not be allowed to cross the bridge today," Captain Adam Collier told Reuters at Fallujah hospital, where the convoy is waiting to cross the Euphrates river into the main part of the embattled Iraqi city. He cited security reasons.

www.news.com.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

No, the thing people forget is that the United States has thousands of nuclear weapons that can strike anywhere in the world on 30 minutes notice. That's why this idea of Bin Laden having a nuclear bomb does not scare me in the least. He will not use it, even if he has one, because if he did, he would then usher in an era of unlimited warfare against himself and terrorists worldwide.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
US disputes civilians trapped

THE US military said overnight it saw no need for the Iraqi Red Crescent to deliver aid to people inside Fallujah as it did not think any Iraqi civilians were trapped inside the city.

"There is no need to bring (Red Crescent) supplies in because we have supplies of our own for the people," said US Marine Colonel Mike Shupp.

"Now that the bridge (into Fallujah) is open, I will bring out casualties and all aid work can be done here (at Fallujah's hospital)."

www.news.com.au...

No comment,
Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
the more i read the American responses the more nauseiated i become.

Actions taken that were supposed to free a people from a despot ruler that had Weapons of Mass Destruction...a man that was a danger to everyone...a murderer and a killer of women, children and old men...has backfired big time....and now they have stepped through the looking glass and become the very "enemy" they claim to have been fighting.

disallowing medical aid into Fallujah because the Military says there are "no civilians" in the town in need of help...and then stating that they have all the help that is needed for anyone left in the town...is a sad statement indeed...will their "help" come at the end of a gun?

appearences are everything in this "so called war"....just like the Japanese and their attack on Nanking...will history sweep all that is happening under the political rug?...

~oracle

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

If you really care for the people of the middle east you better pray that he doesnt. We would nuke the place till it glowed at night the deaths would be in the 10s of millions

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

If you really care for the people of the middle east you better pray that he doesnt. We would nuke the place till it glowed at night the deaths would be in the 10s of millions

2 things:

First, I was showing the opposing reaction to his sickening comment, by making one of my own, to give the feeling I got while reading his. Obviously, nuclear weapons are wrong.

Second, a nuclear attack by Osama would result in the US sinking to Osama's level and just killing a bunch of innocent people in the massive mideast? So you would just drop nukes on every mid-east country? (except Israel of course)

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yeah, bin Laden's got permission to use nukes and he sends us...a VIDEOTAPE.

This is why I love the ignore function on this site. Unfortunately there's a "quote function".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join