It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin, the new peacemaker !?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I stumbled on this article in Viewzone, where they tell about about an offer made to Russia to become a partner in the OPEC oil cartel.
In exchange Putin had to let the Assad regime fall.

The say Putin has too much integrity to even listen to this offer - made by the Saudi Arabs - because he is convinced Assad is much better for the Syrians than the rebels.

The call him the new peacemaker and hope for the world.

It made me think about something Edgar Cayce said: "The new hope for the world will come from Russia""

Which at the time I read it made me wonder , how that could be possible.

Do you think this is maybe what he was referring to?

And what do you think about the integrity of Putin and the way the world now sees him as the great peacemaker.

Here is the link to the article.

www.viewzone.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Putin is not a bad person and neither are many of the people from Russia. They are different than us and will not bow down to the USA. The USA wants to force it's respect on all nations, either by buying their friendship or squashing them. That is a normal tactic in the world. Russia did the same thing before and was very aggressive in their ways. They don't seem to be so bad anymore like they used to be. I am sure there are power hungry and greedy individuals over there also, their tactics are just different than ours are.

I can't say the USA is bad either. We seem to have more freedoms than they do so far. That will be ending though, too many people are starting to get messed up from a loss of morals. Too many people are starting to get self centered instead of working as a community.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Putin is nothing special, he is just turning out to be a very, very skilled politician. He is correctly playing the ME situation to his States benefit and securing important alliances that will be key factors in the years and decades ahead.

Iran will get nuclear weapons and they will become a hegemony in the region, driving the politics coming out of the ME and dictating policy to the lesser nations. Putin has put this future powerhouse on his side and put American on the outside.

The US has Israel but that little nation does not have any desire to effect change outside of their nation. Iran however, does.

Had Obama been wise, and Bush also, they would have embraced a friendship with Iran (we used to have one) sent over our scientists, and helped them establish their nuclear program safely thereby ensuring our access to that region.

Now we will have nothing and Russia and Iran will call the shots over there. This is absolutely huge because the whole Suez Canal is at stake and can easily be shut off, as well as control of most of the worlds oil supply.

This little Syrian even will turn out to be a massive game changer of political influence in the world and Obama will go down as the President that got manhandled by Putin.

Epic screw up by this administration.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Putin is not a bad person and neither are many of the people from Russia.

There's probably a bit more research about Putin required before you can make a declarative statement like that.

Putin is a globalist gangster and he's no different then Bush, or Obama, or Tony Blair or any of the other people who claim to work for the people.

Putin is simply capitalizing on America's crappy foreign policy decisions over the last 2 years in the Middle East and in this case, specifically, Syria.

Putin also has a huge vested interest in keeping Syria the way it is, because of the Oil interests that go along with it. China is supporting the same rhetoric for the same reasons.

Putin is not a peace keeper however, he's simply a smart politician who is taking advantage of this greatest adversary, because he can.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

rickymouse
Putin is not a bad person ....

Actually, Mr. KGB is a bad person. He's had people killed. He's had people tossed in prison for writing songs about him that he doesn't like. He and his regime quietly support Hezbollah and Hamas and anyone anti-USA. He keeps anti-homosexual laws on the books when he could easily have them tossed out. He's old KGB ... not good at all.

However, he's extremely skilled. He's exceptionally smart. He knows what he's doing internationally and domestically. He doesn't blink. And ... he's obviously a much better politician then obama.

But none of that makes him a 'good person' and none of that make up for the dead bodies he's left behind while in the KBG and while the leader of Russia.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

See, you actually agreed. He is just like those other people that we have in charge here in other countries. It is the type of people they are. Not really the type of people I prefer to hang out with.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

FlyersFan

rickymouse
Putin is not a bad person ....

Actually, Mr. KGB is a bad person. He's had people killed. He's had people tossed in prison for writing songs about him that he doesn't like. He and his regime quietly support Hezbollah and Hamas and anyone anti-USA. He keeps anti-homosexual laws on the books when he could easily have them tossed out. He's old KGB ... not good at all.

However, he's extremely skilled. He's exceptionally smart. He knows what he's doing internationally and domestically. He doesn't blink. And ... he's obviously a much better politician then obama.

But none of that makes him a 'good person' and none of that make up for the dead bodies he's left behind while in the KBG and while the leader of Russia.

You may be right about Putin not being a good guy but the fact is he is in control of not only his government but the long term agenda for Russia as well.

The US pretends to be a democracy but in fact it is the defence aparatice that sees the long term goals through and puppet masters every democratically elected official.

Putin - or as you put it - "Mr. KGB" IS in control of his government because it was the KGB that over saw Russias long term goals.

Say what you want about him, he is a man in charge of his country. Obama is a wimp that does what he is told by people you never knew were even involved.

It is sad to say but Russia is a far more transparent country than The US, UK or even my beloved Canada.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Tinkerpeach
Iran will get nuclear weapons and they will become a hegemony in the region, driving the politics coming out of the ME and dictating policy to the lesser nations.

Nuclear weapons will cause them to be a hegemony? I say everyone is wrong. Nuclear, and chemical weapons are nothing compared to an outbreak from weaponized biological agents such as:

Weaponized Bird flu:

Bird flu (H5N1) has receded from international headlines for the moment, as few human cases of the deadly virus have been reported this year. But when Dutch researchers recently created an even more transmissible strain of the virus in a laboratory for research purposes, they stirred grave concerns about what would happen if it escaped into the outside world. “Part of what makes H5N1 so deadly is that most people lack an immunity to it,” explains Marc Lipsitch, a professor of epidemiology at Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) who studies the spread of infectious diseases. “If you make a strain that’s highly transmissible between humans, as the Dutch team did, it could be disastrous if it ever escaped the lab.”

harvardmagazine.com...

Anthrax - (which Russia indeed has and could provide to it's allies)

The Sverdlovsk anthrax leak was an incident in which spores of anthrax were accidentally released from a military facility in the city of Sverdlovsk (formerly, and now again, Yekaterinburg) 1450 km east of Moscow on April 2, 1979. This accident is sometimes called "biological Chernobyl".[1] The ensuing outbreak of the disease resulted in approximately 100 deaths, although the exact number of victims remains unknown. The cause of the outbreak had for years been denied by the Soviet Union, which blamed the deaths on intestinal exposure due to the consumption of tainted meat from the area, and subcutaneous exposure due to butchers handling the tainted meat. All medical records of the victims had been removed in order to avoid revelations of serious violations of the Biological Weapons Convention.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ebola - (scariest of all!)

Weaponization of Ebola

I mean, how stupid are "terrorists"? They do not need nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, or even conventional weapons at all...all they need is one or more infected suicide "bomber" to board a plane, or travel to multiple destinations...or several "hot" people to travel to several destinations and it's game over for the majority of the human race.

Just think, how many TSA agents in the USA screen passengers for Ebola or any other infectious disease? None. There is little to zero defense against it. So if these "terrorist" nations truly wanted to harm the USA, it would not take very much to do so. And with the help of Russia, such a scenario could be used to wipe out most of Israel, the USA, and any other country they don't particularly like.

edit on 12-9-2013 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I never said he was a good person, as far as Russian leaders go from history he is definitely better than some. I see a lot of not bad people running this country also.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

It's funny how everyone is worshiping Putin, calling him a "good guy" and that he just wants peace.

Putin supplies Syria with weapons, he just doesn't want his customer to die....that's it....period.

He isn't doing anything out of the goodness of his heart, people are so easily manipulated it is scary.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
V. Putin... Nobel Peace Prize recipient 2014?

edit on 12-9-2013 by BlastedCaddy because: I dunno if thats the right emoticon for sarcasim

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Putin speaks sense while our figureheads and dupes in congress and white house trot out the old Cold War tropes and express "outrage" over the gall of Putin having to audacity to write directly to the nation.Tragically,many so-called liberals have joined the "conservatives" in trumpeting "American Imperialism" which it exactly is not exceptionalsim.I have always pointed out that the people in DC are not Democrat and Republican they are die hard imperialists.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I thought that the British Parliament was the peace maker. Their actions stopped Obama in his tracks and allowed Putin the the time to engineer an Assad-saving solution.

Putin may portray himself as the "peace maker", but he has cynically worked to prevent any form of peace settlement or intevenation from the international community. He wants to keep his little dictator in power. So Cold War. So yesterday.

Regards

Edit to add that the Putin Fan Club need to look at Russia's decline in the freedom of the press stakes, human rights and butch homophobia. So macho. You are all being taken in.
edit on 12/9/2013 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Thanks for all the reactions.
While I was reading the article, I was thinking: "What the hell..."

I've always seen Putin as very , very smart, but not exactly as someone I would like to have among my friend. You can't climb up the ladder by being a nice guy, surely not over there.

But then I thought maybe I missed something...but no, I think he is indeed just capitalizing on the situation.
A very smooth move to try and avoid a war that will set Russia back for a long time.

top topics

join