It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Rejects Syria's 30-Day Weapons Deadline

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Instead of dragging things on, I don't see why Assad doesn't just hand them over now? No point in upsetting the USA at the moment, not with their army ready to go in.

He probably has Putin whispering "don't hand them over" in one ear, and Obama whispering "you better give them up" in the other.

Meanwhile Obama and Putin have a lunch together to discuss how easy it is to blackball the entire middle-East with subterfuge tactics.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

sulaw
reply to post by Zaphod58

And will the talks still be part of the month they have to turn them over??? Or is this non-applicable?

Am I not understanding this right?

From other reports I've read, Assad doesn't believe that he has to turn over data on what weapons he has and where they are located until 30 days after he signs the paperwork to join the Chemical Weapons Convention. Kerry thinks Assad needs to turn that information over immediately and that he shouldn't be allowed to go through "standard procedures" because chemical weapons have already been used in Syria and this isn't just a preventative measure.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Remember that Iraq never had any WMD's to find, in the end it was proven to be a lie, some may have been spirited away, but the country was so heavily monitored it isn't like many, if any were hidden or moved to other locations.

I figure they will get Syria to provide inventories and locations of weapons to avoid hitting them in the strikes by accident that the U.S. seems dead set on doing. Another issue aside from the reports regarding "whodunit?" is that Israel performed strikes on and around Damascus, which just happens to be where Syria produces and stores chemical weapons, and the chemical agents could have been inadvertently released then.

There is no way of knowing for sure what exactly happened, or what will happen, but it seems the U.S. really does want to attack Syria for whatever reason.

Obama and Kerry don't really have so much to do with it either IMO, it's entities way above them, they just express someone / something else's opinion I think. I know it sounds crazy, but there are more powerful people / entities out there that are more influential than the government.

Money, Money, Money, Money........Money .

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Doesn't anyone get it yet? This Syria crap is going to drag out until Harry Reid kills the bill to de-fund Obama care and passes the continuing resolutions. Once that is accomplished, the Affordable Care Act will be almost impossible to repeal and Syria will become old news just as quickly as North Korea did.
Its all smoke and mirrors. Keep your eyes on this hand so you don't see what the other one is doing.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

oh the usual, the've got to dip thier biscuits in each others tea, fart a couple of times. sign a few papers, frown and grimmace... put their pens away, and hope it goes according to the legislative..... and if that fall's down Syria can always be removed from the map....

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
People put most of the blame on obama cause he is president of usa, but man this kerry dude really pisses me off sometimes. He comes across as a raving evil lunatic.

Why should syria even have to disarm? To make nato happy, when they dont even have any business in the middle east arming the rebels? I mean they practically gave these rebels arms and probably chemical weapons as well, yet assad is the bad guy? Makes no sense.

Just wait till these radical muslims takeover the middle east and see how bad of an idea it was. Pathetic!

Newsflash.
They already live there.
Taking it over would be a non-sequitor.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Helious
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Just wait till these radical muslims takeover the middle east and see how bad of an idea it was. Pathetic!

The American government wants radical Muslims to take over so they can strip you of more guaranteed rights to keep you safe from the people they have spent a decade arming.

And that is precisely why its so annoying. They dont even try to hide their deeds anymore. How long was it that 9-11 happened and people forgot who allegedly did it? I mean come on, even kids get more respect sometimes.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Cynic

EarthCitizen07
People put most of the blame on obama cause he is president of usa, but man this kerry dude really pisses me off sometimes. He comes across as a raving evil lunatic.

Why should syria even have to disarm? To make nato happy, when they dont even have any business in the middle east arming the rebels? I mean they practically gave these rebels arms and probably chemical weapons as well, yet assad is the bad guy? Makes no sense.

Newsflash.
They already live there.
Taking it over would be a non-sequitor.

Just because they live there does not mean they should setup a non-secular government and discriminate heavily against ethnic and religious minorities. Mubarrak, Assad, Gadafhi were secular dictators. Not all dictators are the same.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
CWs and other WMDs are not plain sack of wheat and rice that they can be misplaced and forgotten. Any nation having them usually keeps a very strict and alert watch on them. Hence taking 30 days to locate them and then hand over is ridiculous. At most 7 days for handing over and that ends the case about CWs in Assad's inventory.

US-NATO-Arab Allies are all involved in the fueling the civil war in Syria, by supplying weapons, finances and other resources to the rebels. This has to stop. Peace needs to be there in order for free and fair elections to take place. The winner takes to power for a set term until the new elections.

Rebel commanders should ask for cease fire and both side hold their own territory. Continuous civil war will ruin the whole country and that Syria being not an oil rich nation.................the general population will suffer for decades to get back to where they were before the civil war.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

The problem in Syria, and middle-east is a population explosion. There are no jobs, and 'terrorism' is a profession adopted by many. This profession is fuelled and funded by kingdoms of Saudi, Qatar etc.

USA wants to wage a war against Syria at ANY pretext. The real reason is spread of Shia influence westwards towards borders of Israel, and the need to stop that. A Sunni Syria effectively blocks that.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Syrian population is just collateral damage. Do not trust any word out of Obama's mouth that he cares for Syrians.

Assad is better for Syria than the other option as Syria is a multi-religious country. For example Christians have lived peacefully under Assad.

While it is easy to blame Assad's heavyhandedness, people forget that middle-east is a brutal place, populated by tribes which have been fighting wars constantly. There is NO democracy possible in Islam. Expecting democracy in majority Muslim countries is foolishness.

Even Turkey's democracy is only show. It is dominated by Army.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

He is and the truth is showing its ugly face now, Obama the Muslim stooge that will bring the change and hope no for the American people but his benefactors oversea.

People still doesn't get it.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

deviant300
So whats next if they have rejected Syrias proposal ?

Strikes ?

This for the people of Syria.
Link.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

SexNinja

EarthCitizen07
, yet assad is the bad guy? Makes no sense.

Yea Assad is a great dude. I mean he's just an average mass murdering dictator. Who cares about these Syrians and their silly civil war.

Religious extremist radical leaders in the middle east? You don't say. Who knew.

Is this a joke post or are you being truthful? Sorry its hard for me to tell lately with so many people polarised either pro or against assad.

Most of these "freedom righters" or rebels are actually alqueda terrorists AND nato is giving them weapons including chemicals, to overthrow assad and install sharia government. Morsi should have been the first clue...people didnt want him and for good reason.

One has to be solidly brainwashed to continue believing the same NATO lies, again and again!
edit on 12/9/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

Oh yea it must be Nato's fault! It just has to be America's fault!!!!!! It has nothing to do with Assad being a dictator and using his military to slaughter protestors setting off a civil war and then him breaking international law by using chemical weapons that he probably got from Iraq!

Of course all you gotta do around here is call someone "brainwashed" and you get 10,0000 stars by the same people that will claim 911 was an inside job then say were fighting with our enemy the al-Qaeda 911 perpetrators.
But who cares aslong as your bashing America and supporting dictators is doesn't matter you can change who did what whenever you want.

edit on 12-9-2013 by SexNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Lets say I believe the lies and this makes it a perfect call if Syria actually did use the chemical weapons. 30 days is standard procedure and if they actually did use them how can this be called standard when it is anything but.

Now lets say I don't trust the government and believe it is aiding these rebels. I still don't want Syria to have these Chemical weapons for the simple fact they will be captured by the rebels if they haven't gotten any already?

If Syria has any possibility to be taken out by these Rebels I don't want them to have these weapons at all.
It's a crime to use them no matter what so why have them at all?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

Great point on Kerry. That guy just won't quit, unfortunately. He reminds me of a little whiny 10 year old kid, who goes around on the playground messing with people, and then claiming his brother will beat them up.

I remember back when Kerry was running against Bush, and I knew it was a lose-lose situation, but I figured Kerry would probably be a slightly less offensive president. I didn't vote for either one, but I'm really wondering where we would be today if Kerry actually beat Bush and managed to have a full 8 years in office. I thought Bush was bad, but damn if Kerry isn't showing his true colors now. He isn't even the president and he's acting a fool, I can't imagine how much worse it would be if Kerry was actually the president *shudders* he might even be worse than Obama! Nah.....well....maybe.....nah......maybe
edit on 12-9-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Kerry's grand or greatgrandparents were Jewish I think. His wife Teresa heinz is Jewish. So Kerry is really ticked off at the use of CWs on general populations. HE IS RIGHT !! He knows what horrors took place in the holocaust in WWII.

Mr. Kerry is very correct and his actions are commendable to start with. Human dignity has been severely violated as a result of the use of CWs. SEVERE punishment is due and an example needs to be made for any future abusers of the WMDs. An example has already been made and Assad is very lucky so far to avoid strikes in return for giving up his CWs. However, he should not play Saddam and try the "hide and seek" games regarding quickly giving up the CWs. Any stubborness will be quickly dealt with Tomahawks and JSSAMs. In 30 min. Assad will lose several sharp claws on his army's paws.

We are humans not diseased mice thrown into a box and gassed. This is 2013, not 1913 or 1943. Humanity has progressed much forward. Actions of psychopaths if not punished, risk the humanity going back to the immoral acts of disgrace, dishonor and outright defiance of GOD !!
edit on 13-9-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

USA wants to wage a war against Syria at ANY pretext. The real reason is spread of Shia influence westwards towards borders of Israel, and the need to stop that. A Sunni Syria effectively blocks that.

It's the Sunnis that are pushing the hardest to turn the region into states governed by Political Islam. That's the only reason Al Qaeda is involved in this fight right now. This is just as dangerous to Israel as having Assad living next door. I'm sure the U.S. would prefer to keep it a secular state, just without Assad.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Bone75

Doesn't anyone get it yet? This Syria crap is going to drag out until Harry Reid kills the bill to de-fund Obama care and passes the continuing resolutions. Once that is accomplished, the Affordable Care Act will be almost impossible to repeal and Syria will become old news just as quickly as North Korea did.
Its all smoke and mirrors. Keep your eyes on this hand so you don't see what the other one is doing.

*applause*

The only reason the US is getting involved with this now, is because of Obama's domestic issues.

As the thought of government shut-down continues, watch the rhetoric on Syria heat up.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It already did. There's a new thread already on how a chemical attack may have taken place in Jobar yesterday. Ironically enough, it's the exact same location that the Syrian sponsored news media released information stating that a terrorist created chemical warfare lab was found in a tunnel there back on August 24th.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join