It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Rejects Syria's 30-Day Weapons Deadline

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

US Secretary of State John Kerry has rejected Syria's pledge to hand over information on its chemical weapons in 30 days.

Speaking at a news conference with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, he noted that it was standard procedure for a country to submit its weapons data a month after signing an international chemical weapons ban.

US Rejects Syria's 30-Day Weapons Deadline

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So whats next if they have rejected Syrias proposal ?

Strikes ?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

They'll talk for a few days first. Negotiations like this can go on for a week or more sometimes.

link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

With that its clear Syria doesn't have any chemical weapons, they would be fools if they attack Syria now.

link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by deviant300

They'll talk for a few days first. Negotiations like this can go on for a week or more sometimes.

Or Years.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

And will the talks still be part of the month they have to turn them over??? Or is this non-applicable?

Am I not understanding this right?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

The talks will decide how long they have to turn them over. The deadline usually starts after the negotiations end. So they could drag this out for a month, and then have another three or four weeks to turn them over. Or they may negotiate turning them over before the negotiations end. There's no telling where this will go.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The US rejects a diplomatic solution?

Get outta here!

The US govt prefers war as a solution?

No ways!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
People put most of the blame on obama cause he is president of usa, but man this kerry dude really pisses me off sometimes. He comes across as a raving evil lunatic.

Why should syria even have to disarm? To make nato happy, when they dont even have any business in the middle east arming the rebels? I mean they practically gave these rebels arms and probably chemical weapons as well, yet assad is the bad guy? Makes no sense.

Just wait till these radical muslims takeover the middle east and see how bad of an idea it was. Pathetic!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
, yet assad is the bad guy? Makes no sense.

Just wait till these radical muslims takeover the middle east and see how bad of an idea it was. Pathetic!

Yea Assad is a great dude. I mean he's just an average mass murdering dictator. Who cares about these Syrians and their silly civil war.

Religious extremist radical leaders in the middle east? You don't say. Who knew.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well of course they object, they need to make this about them not Syria or Russia.

We don't want the news stations all over the world speaking of Syria and Russia and not whisper USA, USA, USA.

Lets also not forget that this has always been about regime change contrary to the official statements. How you gonna change regimes if everybody starts playing by the rules? Simple.....change the rules.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

But Assad not falling isn't an option for the US. So either another attack will happen while they are turning them over, or before they can start, or after and Kerry will claim they didn't hand them all over. No matter what, we are going to Syria or Assad is falling.

The whole point of Russia offering this is to out the fact that chemical weapons was only the façade and not the real reason the US wanted to go. It was just their best bet for public support. Syria is the best route to Iran.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

SexNinja

EarthCitizen07
, yet assad is the bad guy? Makes no sense.

Yea Assad is a great dude. I mean he's just an average mass murdering dictator. Who cares about these Syrians and their silly civil war.

Religious extremist radical leaders in the middle east? You don't say. Who knew.

Is this a joke post or are you being truthful? Sorry its hard for me to tell lately with so many people polarised either pro or against assad.

Most of these "freedom righters" or rebels are actually alqueda terrorists AND nato is giving them weapons including chemicals, to overthrow assad and install sharia government. Morsi should have been the first clue...people didnt want him and for good reason.

One has to be solidly brainwashed to continue believing the same NATO lies, again and again!
edit on 12/9/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I can not stop saying that the US attack in Syria and the take out of Assad from power is a done deal, been in the making for years and taking a big step in 2011, when the plans for the attack were on the table.

Watch for another false flag in that country, specially with now the weapons that have been supplied from the CIA to the "terrorist" aka "Rebels"

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
These guys are slick. Very slick.

Notice how Kerry simply rejects the 30 day offer.

Notice how neither Lavrov or Kerry submit a better proposal.

Classic stalling.

Obama and Putin both want the Syrian civil war to continue.

It's obvious, since the CW issue doesn't address the civil war or the 100,000+ deaths from that.

If I didn't know any better, I would say we need to consider the possibility that Obama and Putin are up to something much much bigger.

I wonder what "Fundamentals" Obama was talking about before the 2008 election ?

" Obama "Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America" "

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
first Fox....now USAtoday..

www.usatoday.com... "some-see-biblical-visions-of-doom-in-syria "

...it s an Occult Ritual, this whole syria thing...... havent we said that for a month now ?

regards,
edit on 12-9-2013 by Lone12 because: sigh

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well.. neither Putin nor Obama are interested in democracy. Also Obama did whisper something to Medvedev about being able to do more/help after the election, unaware of his hot mic. We don't know what that was in regard to, but I believe the Syria civil war was already underway.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

The American government wants radical Muslims to take over so they can strip you of more guaranteed rights to keep you safe from the people they have spent a decade arming.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Instead of dragging things on, I don't see why Assad doesn't just hand them over now? No point in upsetting the USA at the moment, not with their army ready to go in.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
My favorite thing about the whole ordeal is how they want to save thousands of people from deadly chemical attacks, by killing thousands of people in deadly carpet bombing.

That's like trying to use napalm to put out a fire.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join