It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are stopped by unmarked police car for passing red light (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Okay, how about a GOOD cop story here??
Guy is bike riding with his daughters when they are pulled over for passing a red light and one child doesnt have a helmet.
Watch what this LEO does to attempt to correct the problem

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
He seems to be one of the good guys, so I am pretty sure he would call himself a policeman. Not an LEO.

There is a HUGE difference.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

That is really nice. This is in juxtaposition with two NYPD scumbags who tried to push a 14 year old girl into the back of their squad car for riding on the sidewalk. She yelled for help and a crowd gathered and started filming. The cops eventually let her go with a summons after or a riot would've broken out. right under my window in brooklyn
edit on 12-9-2013 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What helmets has to do with passing a red light?
You mean they won't be killed passing a red light if they wear one?
And, when these kids sit in the car tomorrow they will think it's OK to pass a red light, because there are good officers out there.
Stupid father, more stupid officer.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Good points, but I know from experience it is dangerous to stop at a red light because right turners who roll through don't see you stopped on the right and bump into you with their passenger side mirror, or run over your left foot, I had to buy several pairs of new bike shoes because of this and luckily I wasn't really hurt at all, the drivers didn't stop because I don't think they even saw me there at all because they were looking left to dash out to the right on the red light.

The father really should have been teaching his kids to understand and obey traffic laws, but then maybe he doesn't either like nearly everyone on the road doesn't.
People break laws all the time, that doesn't mean the cops always have to write a ticket or feed one to the system. They have the option to exercise discretion and too few exercise that option in some cases.

Nothing particularly stupid about this clip, other than riding on the road, hoping that those stupid cage monkeys respect their right of way and vulnerability by hanging up their damned cell-phones and paying attention to the task at hand instead of what they are going to do when they get where they're going.

Cars make you stupid and fat.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

And riding a bike in heavy vehicular traffic makes you stupid and short lived.... (but you'll be healthy till you die).

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
What helmets has to do with passing a red light?
You mean they won't be killed passing a red light if they wear one?
And, when these kids sit in the car tomorrow they will think it's OK to pass a red light, because there are good officers out there.
Stupid father, more stupid officer.

I have no idea how an intelligent person could come up with that opinion.

I think you also miss the point of the video.

What should the cop have done? Beat them? Wrote them a ticket? I'm sure that would accomplish a lot. I'm also sure kids are never blatantly defiant toward adults who are jerks to them. That never happens. Just like kids never remember and respect people who are kind to them. Never happens. That's why beating kids is good, right?

/s

Back to an actually intelligent point, yes, it is really great to be reminded that there are good cops like this out there!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Seems like a good cop to me. Most cops are good but of course the power of the job does attract some overpowering individuals. I think we need both type though. There are only about five percent actual bad cops though. Even they are not bad to everyone though. Sure a criminal is going to think that they are all bad, it goes against their beliefs.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

OK Mr. Intelligent, would you encourage your kids passing a red light and tell them that well it's not a big deal? Obviously you don't know how little it takes to get killed in traffic.
In this case, officer should have fined the father of these children FOR HIS KIDS FUTURE SAFETY!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The cop might have good intentions, but one he should not be touching that child, she looks very uncomfortable. Secondly hes making the middle child wear the helmet that I dont think she likes and isnt cool. So that sucks for her, which most she wont wear in the future and the family may have to buy another helmet. Other then that its completely bogus cops are even wasting time addressing people on bikes. I have gotten a ticket and had to do a whole kids court program for not wearing a helmet, was bogus. The rarity of helmet saving a life in a bike accident for bike commuters is so small.

Lastly a good thing by a cop, which involves forcing someone to do something they otherwise would not, is not a good thing. FYI

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

its the law that if youre riding a bike you have to wear a helmet

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

I avoid heavy traffic at every opportunity, in a car you really can't, you are forced to be part of it. I must be doing something right, I put on about 200 miles a week on a good week. Usually when the traffic is really heavy, like bumper to bumper at 20 mph, I can get there faster than a car anyway, and I get exercise as an added benefit too, while the cage monkeys just sit there and turn a wheel or push a pedal.

And the doctor is telling many they need to exercise and eat right...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I have never seen a place where it's a law that you have to wear a helmet on a bicycle except if the rider is a minor, and I have ridden all over the country.

I usually do wear one by the way, it keeps the sun off of my head and out of my eyes so I can ride further before getting fatigued, the protective aspects of it in an accident are only an added bonus...

edit on 12-9-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: VA

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

I have always found it amusing, being called stupid by people who probably can't even do it themselves.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

rickymouse
Seems like a good cop to me. Most cops are good but of course the power of the job does attract some overpowering individuals. I think we need both type though. There are only about five percent actual bad cops though. Even they are not bad to everyone though. Sure a criminal is going to think that they are all bad, it goes against their beliefs.

Could you please explain why you believe there is a need for the overly aggressive type of LEOs?

That was a great video. Those girls and their father will likely remember this encounter for quite some time. Those officers realize their job is to help and protect the public, not to be hired thugs for the police state. Bravo to them, I hope other officers can use their behavior as something to strive for.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

MyHappyDogShiner

I have never seen a place where it's a law that you have to wear a helmet on a bicycle except if the rider is a minor, and I have ridden all over the country.

I think it's safe to assume the riders in the video were minors, so I'm not sure what you are trying to say with that comment. The girls were legally required to wear a helmet, and instead of being rude and aggressive the police were kind and helpful. You catch more flies with honey than salt (or however that goes) If the goal of the police is to help the public and make them safe, they did an excellent job.

If their goal is to strike fear, demand submission, and collect revenue then these cops suck at it, thankfully.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

MyHappyDogShiner

I have always found it amusing, being called stupid by people who probably can't even do it themselves.

MyHappyDogShiner

Cars make you stupid and fat.

Right back at ya babe!
edit on 9/12/2013 by Montana because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Bike helmets are kinda pointless,.
If someone can show me a story where their bike helmet saved their head from any real cranial damage, I would like to see it,.
www.risksense.org...
edit on 12-9-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Lil Drummerboy

Bike helmets are kinda pointless,.
If someone can show me a story where their bike helmet saved their head from any real cranial damage, I would like to see it,.
www.risksense.org...
edit on 12-9-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

When I was a child I rode bikes all the time, and have countless instances of a helmet saving me from injury. Our front parking strip had a perimeter of those decorative red brick trim pieces, which stuck up about 6 inches from the ground. One day my wheel got caught in a rut on the other side of the sidewalk, and I flew off my bike, landing with the right side of my head bashing into those decorative brick pieces. It split the helmet, I got a few cuts and scrapes and a few sore muscles. Had I not been wearing a helmet, smashing head first into the edge of a brick could have caused serious damage.

I don't think there should be laws about helmets, but it seems rather odd to say that helmets are pointless. While involved in an activity with the possibility of severe head trauma, you don't think it makes sense to provide some additional protection to your head?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

maybe it is the design ive got an issue with,.
I rode bikes as well,. a stunt rider if you will,. ramps to jump ditches, cars, people, pic nick benches
what ever I could, wheelies ect ect ect,. Never crashed with a head injury,. also never wore a helmet.
Still dont,. and now I go much faster,. on my goldwing.

the article i linked backs my thoughts,. maybe helmets are needed for those that are prone to injury

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join