It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member from Houston Texas....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hello everyone...just wanted to drop a note to say hell0

I'm a forty-something married Dad...I can't begin to swallow the pablum that our Gov't and MSM try to shovel down our gullets. I refuse to NOT look at the details for myself and make my own conclusions.

I lived in the DC area for the better part of 25 years...owned a house less than three miles from the Pentagon....drove past the impact site on 09/12....believe me when I tell you, there was NO crash on that lawn at all. My neighbors down here in Texas would be absolutely jealous of such a meticulously maintained lawn....

Let's see, what else can I say...I'm a music fanatic...love everything from Tool to Peter Gabriel to White Zombie to The Doors...And needless to say, all of my playlists are lovingly sprinkled with Bill Hicks routines...I'm into playing D&D (Pathfinder now, for those of you in the know)...love horror flicks...etc..

I'm not religious. I've been reading up on Buddhism lately, and it truly seems to fit my mindset and where I am coming from. I'll throw it against the ceiling and see if it sticks...

So, anyone else located in the Houston Texas area ? Anyone possibly interested in meeting up at a bar and talk good old "conspiracy theories" ? I am so sick and tired of my good friends living with their heads in the sand. Things that amaze me they could care less about, they just say to themselves "la la la la"...President Obama will take care of everything..."la la la la"....

Drop me a line!

-SN

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Welcome!
I live in San marcos Tx!
Enjoy your stay!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Welcome! I'm from just the other side of Beaumont here. I am also a big fan of horror movies as are many around here. Enjoy getting to know the place- I'll see you around sugar!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the hello's !!!!

I've been in Houston for a little over a year now...but realized I needed some alternative minded folks in my day to day life!!!

I mean, honestly, I was trying to discuss that whole issue with the USDA growing even more lax in their processing of pork, and allowing "CHUNKS of FECES" to make it through into the packaging...And I sent the article out to local friends here...and all they could do was make fun of it. I mean, where is the outrage? Is it really ALL that funny that our government would allow that to happen to our food supply?

Imagine if I tried to discuss Monsanto with them, or 9/11, or ANYTHING...

-SN

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
HI. Another Texan here. Glad to see a curious mind. Interesting picture you painted of the pentagon the day after.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
From the other side of the pond I welcome you to the zoo. Have a great journey.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

roadgravel
HI. Another Texan here. Glad to see a curious mind. Interesting picture you painted of the pentagon the day after.

Yepp, I remember working at Booz Allen & Hamilton the morning of the attacks (Yepp, I'm a HS drop out too...kinda made me chuckle when Ed Snowden first came to light and everyone started harping on how no HS dropout could POSSIBLY get a job for BAH...well, I did...and he did too)...everyone just vacated the building. I immediately drove home (BAH headquarters are out west of DC, if I remember correctly along the rt66 corrider towards Dulles), and stopped on the way home ( I owned a house north of Old Town Alexandria, but just south of Crystal City, kind of on the border between the two ) to hit as many ATM's as I could to take out my day's allotment of cash. I was concerned that the banking system would go down, considering there were many satellite dishes, etc on top of the WTC buildings. I put the money into ziplock baggies and then burried them in the bottom of the dogfood container (which held some thirty or so lbs of dogfood) just in case...

My ex wife was from the UK. She was desperate to get back to the UK at this point. She was on the first flight out of BWI on 9/15...

Every night, we could hear afterburners kicking in from military aircraft..and the sirens were erie....

I know folks that swear up and down they were driving along 110 or 50 that day, and saw the airplane come in for the attack on the Pentagon. But honestly, if you grow up in a place like DC, you know that many people are simply conditioned to parrot almost anything they hear or were told. For instance, my mother was a civilian typist on Project BlueBook... and when she was alive, every few years, I would quiz her on it...and her answers every single time were identical "I type over 150wpm, there is no way I could possibly be reading what I was transcribing...and besides, they had armed military guards come into the room where we typists were and would confiscate any used typewriter ribbon we had..." Not to mention a buddy of mine who worked on Minute Mans in the dakotas...knowing full well he was briefed on UFO's...yet anytime I ask him anything, the answer is always negative and identical to the last answer he gave....

Funny how people can be trained...

- SN
edit on 12-9-2013 by SadistNocturne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Welcome from another fellow Texan!
Have you been lurking long and finally decided to join or did you just recently stumble across the site?

I found ATS by accident while trying to dig more info about the Japan quake a few days after it happened.
Somehow ended up here and joined right away. I've had my ups and downs here but all in all it's a great place to learn new things and discuss/debate ideas.

So once again Welcome and here's a tin foil cowboy hat I made just for us Texans!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

tvtexan

Welcome from another fellow Texan!
Have you been lurking long and finally decided to join or did you just recently stumble across the site?

I found ATS by accident while trying to dig more info about the Japan quake a few days after it happened.
Somehow ended up here and joined right away. I've had my ups and downs here but all in all it's a great place to learn new things and discuss/debate ideas.

So once again Welcome and here's a tin foil cowboy hat I made just for us Texans!

I've been around lurking for years....just felt like trying to get out and about and meet some folks. Like the post says, nobody I know begins to understand the true nature of things

So, what part of the state are you in ?

Just read the mail...but apparently I'm not a good enough sheep to be able to email back....Sooo...

My email is flynnsteratrocketmaildotcom, drop me a line....I hear there's some good beer down around these parts!!!

- SN
edit on 12-9-2013 by SadistNocturne because: Needed to add something...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

and besides, they had armed military guards come into the room where we typists were and would confiscate any used typewriter ribbon we had

Haha. Have heard the same from others except the ribbons were locked up at night when not used.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

roadgravel

and besides, they had armed military guards come into the room where we typists were and would confiscate any used typewriter ribbon we had

Haha. Have heard the same from others except the ribbons were locked up at night when not used.

Yeah...and I've tried finding her name (married and maiden) in relation to any PBB documents...but, nothing is to be found.

Even just visited some of her sisters over the summer...none of them knew of her involvement...

So, suffice it to say, I'd think that my mother is a huge influence as to why I am fascinated by UFO's...I remember NBC had a series called something like "Project BlueBook" back in the 70's....and when I would avidly watch that as a kid, that was when my mother told me that she actually worked on that project...It's a shame she died last November....I was just about to go through another round of questions

May she rest in peace...

- SN

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

EnigmaAgent
From the other side of the pond I welcome you to the zoo. Have a great journey.

So, are you a southern fairy or a northern monkey ????

My ex being british, well, gives me a daughter living in Cumbria in the upper NW of England, and I never get to see her...but, the day will come when she can make up her own mind on whether or not she wants to visit...not just her mother's decision...

I'm assuming you yourself are from the UK, as I've never heard any other Europeans refer to the Atlantic as the pond....And from my time in the UK, I've learned the HARD way to not do two things...

- Little old ladies at chip shops get their knickers in a knot when they ask you how many satchets of a condiment you want, and being American, you think and count with your fingers...extending first the index, and then the middle finger...yeah, that goes over REALLY well

- Never, EVER, never try to assume you know of someone's geographical home when speaking to someone in the UK. You'll get bit in the rear every single time...For some reason I had a real problem with the jordies...no idea why

So, interested in shipping over some Galaxy and Milk Chocolate Hob Nobs ?

- SN

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

littled16

Welcome! I'm from just the other side of Beaumont here. I am also a big fan of horror movies as are many around here. Enjoy getting to know the place- I'll see you around sugar!

Thanks!!!

IF you have Netflix, check out "American Mary"...it just came to the on demand portion...I'm about 1/3 of the way through and so far it's really enjoyable

- SN

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Welcome. You came to the right place, there's not many ostrich's here.. maybe thats because there's no sand to stick their head in........

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Casualboy100
Welcome!
I live in San marcos Tx!
Enjoy your stay!

San Marcos, ehh ? I know my family and I want to make it to Austin sometime soon...for the music and the food!!!

- SN

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

SadistNocturne[/i

Thanks!!!

IF you have Netflix, check out "American Mary"...it just came to the on demand portion...I'm about 1/3 of the way through and so far it's really enjoyable

- SN

I watched it the day they put it on, already had it waiting on my DVD queue so it was automatically on my instant queue! Yay!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

welcome sadistnocturnet .

enjoy the threads plenty to get involved with here

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

littled16

SadistNocturne[/i

Thanks!!!

- SN

I watched it the day they put it on, already had it waiting on my DVD queue so it was automatically on my instant queue! Yay!

You may also like a movie they have called "Heartless"...it's a relatively low budget UK horror film...I thought it was effective, and particularly liked the story as well as the characters. The little indian girl and her connection with "Pappa" was really cool, and I think the screenwriter was laying some broad hints as to who they were and what their relationship to each other was. Get back to me with what you think it is

Also, I truly liked the characters. The main character, well, you just feel for him. He's innocent and gentle.

For me, I can watch a crap horror film as long as the story is good. For instance "Pumpkin Head" comes to mind. Movie was horrible, but the story was intriguing and kept me watching. Same thing goes for good characters....

- SN

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

geobro

welcome sadistnocturnet .

enjoy the threads plenty to get involved with here

That is what I'm aiming to do

Hopefully I'll clear this fifty post hurdle soon and be able to start posting my own threads...I've got a few decent ideas...and I think people will find them interesting...

- SN

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join