It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Molasses Spill Devastates Honolulu Marine Life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Ya funny what something like that can do. You can just read the headlines

"Town devastated! Thousands of marine animals dead! Whole areas closes down having impact on daily life, trade, and tourism! Hundreds of local business and fisheries close leading to massive job cuts, leading to a spike in crime"

The culprit "Death by Molasses"

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Fukishima per chance?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

ZeroReady

People need to understand that this type of thing happens almost every day here. Mainlanders see Hawaii as a place to come snorkel and sit on the beach, but for those of us that live here it's a never ending cycle of decay and ruin.

We have a water main break literally every day on Oahu. Sewage is constantly spilling into the waters from hotels downtown. It takes an hour to get anywhere because the traffic is so congested. The state is currently pushing to develop 4000+ homes on the very last agricultural land on Oahu.

On the part about decay and ruin, that seems to be true where "civilized" people are and "progress" is allowed to take place. It starts small, like a road, dam, or shipping port. Over time it evolves into a portion of Earth that is hardly conductive to any large organisms having a life.

It's one reason I choose to live far outside of progress and locations of large populations.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

What difference does it make that it's Only molasses if it kills you?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
why didn't the fish just eat the molassas

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Not the first time it happened......

Boston 1919 tank full of mollasses ruptured and flowed downhill

21 people killed

en.wikipedia.org...

Residents claimed for years after could still smell the mollasses........

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by firefight

all the problems sugar causes and its still legal

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

rickymouse
reply to post by ZeroReady

I'm sorry to hear that you have to deal with Monsanto there. I suppose the pollen from their experiments gets on people's luggage and contaminates the rest of the planet. Then they can charge everyone for using their patents in the future.

I have no interest in going to Hawaii anymore, Maybe thirty years ago it would have not been so bad.

I'm sure most of Hawaii is still gorgeous. I've heard many say though that they'd skip Oahu.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

To me gorgeous is not a place full of Motels and restaurants. I think of gorgeous as a secluded beach cove. If I went to Hawaii, I would want to find a small village to visit without too much modern day stuff. I would rather go to a place like Yap where it is still nice.

I like country living, having cookouts over the campfire, and hanging around nature. If I was going to spend money on a vacation, I would want to go to a quieter place than here to relax. I spent too much time in the ratrace during my life, I want to spend most of my time living like a mouse in the woods now....as long as I have internet

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Thank you for sharing this! Star and flag!

This is terrible and will affect some lower creatures!
The more advanced telepathic marine life will be able to avoid this situation!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Star and flag for bringing this to light OP. I have yet to see this online or in the news on TV. I don't watch much TV but I read the news constantly. This is horrible. Gotta agree with most corporations just do not have enough accountability. I would have liked to one day see Hawaii. Always hear how pretty it is out there. Hopefully it's still there when I do get the chance and not radioactive / polluted all to heck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join