It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*correction* A false letter written by Putin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
After be thoroughly tired from scanning different news sites and reading the same regurgitating crap I found this.

EDIT: I originally thought this was a real letter, however, when any of you read the below responses the ATS sharpshooters swiftly corrected me.. still interesting read.

A letter falsly written by Vladimir Putin

How do I put this politely? You Americans are dumb. Today, Russia and America are fighting each other over fighting the Muslim radicals. Instead, we should be uniting to crush these violent Islamists, once and for all.
You Americans want to remove my ally, the Syrian leader Bashar Al-Assad. To borrow a phrase from your John F. Kennedy, Assad may be a son-of-a-bitch, but he’s my son-of-a-bitch.

As much of a patriot of my country and hatred to 'hear' the truth I believe this country is well over due for an enema. I believe Putin has a a high self love of himself and toots his own horn though. I decided to post this after I searched ATS and didn't see anything posted about it.. Please read the full article and if you have any comments on the matter I'd like to see them if not, enjoy.

31B
edit on 12-9-2013 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Why dont you spend your time reading the actual real letter Putin wrote to Americans. Form your own opinion on the matter, then discuss that.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Wasn't actually written by Putin. That piece is a literary device that is similar to satire in not necessarily being reality but a reflection of one person's point of view. In this case, it's being used to be an imagined letter from Putin. www.snopes.com...

Putin previously addressed the American public back in 1999 but that was published in the New York Times. The NY Times, probably due to its fame and size. It is the third largest paper in the US and its fame for its investigative journalism became well known worldwide through the Pentagon Papers. Why the hell would he use Breitbart? Besides, a comparison of the two pieces within the NY Times is a match for author voice, writing style, word usage and methodology (argumentative writing). Both NY Times pieces use logical arguments to convince the reader to align themselves with the author's viewpoint. The Breitbart version attempts to use argumentative writing style but is also written to deliberately grate and mock. It's more likely to fall under satire than anything else.

www.nytimes.com...
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This wasnt written by Putin. It is a political opinion piece that uses a 'literary ventriloquism" device through which an author expresses his viewpoint by putting words in someone elses mouth.
edit on 12-9-2013 by Briles1207 because: I REALISE THIS WAS POSTED ABOVE ALREADY. OOPS.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yea it appears you all are right. I guess I will have to be more careful and read more about what I'm going to post.. too much coffee maybe? I don't know, however, I will try to have this post removed. My apologies.
edit on 12-9-2013 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As has been noted, this piece isn't written by Putin. However, it does seem to resemble something...
Goldstein.

edit on 9/12/2013 by Klassified because: clarity

edit on 9/12/2013 by Klassified because: wrong vid

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

You gotta love his honesty.

Look, I’m a conservative. I have my imperial ambitions, to be sure, but the last thing I want to do is send all the pieces of the world-kaleidoscope fluxing around. We’ve had enough gratuitous messing things up in our own history, whether by Ivan the Terrible or Comrade Stalin. I want order--Russian Orthodox order.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I agree, however, as the sharpshooters came flooding in with their hands sweating with anxiety to correct someone on a post that is incorrect, I've been informed that this letter wasn't written by Putin it was written by someone who wrote it as though it would have come from his mind. Thank you for reading the article though, I still found it to be interesting. Probably not very far from how he really feels either.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

theconspirator
reply to post by 31Bravo

Why dont you spend your time reading the actual real letter Putin wrote to Americans. Form your own opinion on the matter, then discuss that.
Yea I will.. how about you spend your time figuring out how to not be condescending when someone makes a mistake? Oh right.. then you'd be an actual contributor.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Yeah. Still a good read though.
I'd vote for him.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Eh, that's kind of the problem that I have with the various forms of satire that are being churned out. Good satire is meant to engage the reader into a story that closely models a real political event but in such a manner as to still be clear that it is, in fact, satire. These days, a lot of what is done as satire is not done very well and with very little cues as to it being satire. Don't blame yourself for getting duped. It's Breitbart and the author's fault for doing satire wrong.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

31Bravo

theconspirator
reply to post by 31Bravo

Yea I will.. how about you spend your time figuring out how to not be condescending when someone makes a mistake? Oh right.. then you'd be an actual contributor.

Don't take it personally, OP. It isn't like the rest of us in this thread have never made a mistake on ATS. I've certainly made enough for both of us. LOL

ETA: Evidently, I made one in this thread, thinking at least some members would catch the Goldstein reference.
edit on 9/12/2013 by Klassified because: New Emoticons Please!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Klassified

31Bravo

theconspirator
reply to post by 31Bravo

Don't take it personally, OP. It isn't like the rest of us in this thread have never made a mistake on ATS. I've certainly made enough for both of us. LOL

Pssh. Speak for yourself....I never make mistakes....EVER.

I'm kidding, lol.
You're in good company, OP!

new topics

top topics

join