It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nature of Sin.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

Why is that disturbing?

Don't mean to be a single line guy.

It's disturbing because it implies that you believe something must be destroyed for something else to be saved, no matter what. It also implies that you don't believe you are capable of engineering your own salvation. Both of which are terrible things to believe in, in my humble opinion.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I know God and I do not continue to sin. I "have" sin, but it is in my past.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So of the 500+ sins spoken of in the Bible, you manage to avoid all of them all day every day? What happens if you stop believing but continue to live that pure and moral life? Please note that I'm not asking if you would or could do that...I'm asking what would happen if you did.
edit on 12-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I don't believe in the Christian god, I believe in what I see and know. I do not do wrong, which is what the word sin means.
edit on 12-9-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You don't do what is wrong?

Where do you get your definition of right and wrong?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

From my moral compass. Where do you get yours?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I get mine from God.

So your moral compass is the standard for right and wrong for everyone else?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

That's one thing we have in common, we get our morals from God.

Are your morals the standard for everyone? I never said mine were.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Glad we have some common ground.

You said that your definition of right and wrong comes from your moral compass. So what happens if MY moral compass says what you find 'right', is wrong?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

That's one thing we have in common, we get our morals from God.

But not the same god. That's a very significant thing. You claim that places you on common ground, but if you take your morals from a different god, isn't that the same as having no morals at all? That's what the Christians say, anyway.

"You will have no other gods before me."

That in itself is a sin.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Ok, I'll say that it says we cannot sin. However, the statement is still not incorrect even if you want to look at it that way.

Romans 7
5 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.

Colossians 2
13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you[a] alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.

These two verses explain why God views our SPIRIT not our FLESH as sin free. Colossians 2 explains why God is allowed to view Christians as sin free, and why Paul says that it isn't he(his spirit) that sins, but rather the sin living in him(Flesh). John is referring to our spirit being clean before God's eyes. If that doesn't make sense then I don't know how to help you grasp the concepts.
edit on 12-9-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You'd have to give examples of what you think is right so I can compare.

My moral compass is based on love, so anything that goes against love is wrong, to do good to others and to treat them as I would want to be treated is what is right.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

So you never lie? You never lust? You never envy? You never get angry?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I was speaking generally. We all come from the same God even if some reject him (it) and believe in false gods. We're all children of the universe.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

We all come from the same God even if some reject him (it) and believe in false gods.

I can really agree with this statement

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

To get angry is not a sin, even Jesus got angry when he flipped the tables at the temple and when he called the Pharisees a brood of vipers. Anger is a natural emotion.

I do not lie, I am a truthful person. I do not lust, because lust is over something you cannot have, and I do not worry about things I cannot have. I have everything I need already, so in turn I also do not envy.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

From what I am getting from you, you say that the standard for right and wrong is subjective (based on YOUR comparisons). That is illogical if you think about it. Relativism defeats itself.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You just lied when you said you do not lie. That is bologna. You do not lust? Well there is another lie. Sir you are not honest with yourself. Again you might be one of the few who has to experience the rapture and his wrath before the point ever hits home.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I was speaking generally. We all come from the same God even if some reject him (it) and believe in false gods. We're all children of the universe.

This is what you said:

I don't believe in the Christian god, I believe in what I see and know.

This is a Christian thread, which means that by denying the Christian god, you are committing a sin. Which you just said you don't do. And if your beliefs and your religion are that distinct from the Christian religion, then they are not relevant here because a Christian context is inherent in the topic. I'm not saying you can't post about it, I'm just saying it's apples to oranges.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Funny how you assume I am lying and you do not even know me. You acting like you know me is a lie in itself. I do not lie because I have nothing to lie about. Apparently you think you know me better than I do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join