It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson on Telling Lies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think you are right, however there is another difference here between "The Way" of the East and "The Truth" of the West. "The Way" is based more on situational awareness, while "The Truth" seems to be based on cultural awareness.

So in the West, there is a lot of peer pressure to conform to whatever happens to be "in" at the moment, regardless of any kind of situational awareness. There is also less getting to know each other and oneself and one's surroundings and such.

So when someone says "You need to work 9-5 in order to fit in" or "You need this type of car to race in this type of race" I guess those aren't lies? Although the way would tell us that any kind of car would work with a bit of creativity and ingenuity, the make and model are not the determining factors of its qualifications (as those are labels) instead, look directly at its meaningful qualifications.

Working 9-5 is a cultural norm, but it has nothing to do with what is really necessary to survive, be happy and get to know oneself and others - this could be any number of things, including having no job at all, and camping and living off the land, or working part-time, or all kinds of things.

So in the West, a lie kind of gets a lot more leeway, because our whole society is based on lies for the most part. Honestly. Especially America, it is built on lies, that's what gives us our power -

In the west, who can lie the best wins, and it is legitimate, apparently. The worst part though, is, the people who are like Buddha are not going be respected but locked up, murdered or alone and unable to get work in the west - in the East, at least are thought of as wise and respected.
edit on 13-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Swore off lying long ago. Man, I was a good at it too.

One day I realized that if I expect anyone to take it on faith when I say "I saw a flying saucer" I would never be able to utter another untruth, half truth, or omit truth. From that moment on I would not tell a lie.

Let me tell ya'... brutal honesty has a steep price.

Tell your boss what you are really thinking the next time he/she wants your honest opinion... and you feel the need for a change in employment status. Ah, the sweet aroma of burning bridges.

Some things are best left unsaid no matter how truthful, honest, or well intentioned.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Flyer's Fan,

I need to apoligize for accusing you of what I did myself. It was arrongant of me to even comment on a scripture that I know nothing about and have neither read or heard any commentary on from a qualified teacher on the subject.

I behaved badly and am paying the price.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Okay .... I accept your apology ... but honestly, I don't remember what you are talking about.
So it's all good on this end. No bad karma. I"m not holding grudges.
Thanks for the apology .... It's a very mature thing for someone to do.

ETA ... I had to go back and re-read what you posted.
See? I read it yesterday and just dismissed it. So I wasn't upset.
Be at peace. It's all good.

edit on 9/13/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

So a person is showing off there newborn baby.............and they ask you;
don't you think he/she is just the cutest thing? I don't care who you are.......that's a tough one.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

can Lie itself be a truth?

its like blind men observing elephants.

if i believe its true, wouldnt that be a truth from my perspective?

just like parents telling kids that God will punish who lie.
the kid will believe God will punish her for lying
but the parents intention is actually teaching a good thing: dont lie to others
and the kid later grows up and find the true intention of her parents

edit on 14-9-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

real eyes - realize - real lies

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Tarzan the apeman.

So a person is showing off there newborn baby.............and they ask you;
don't you think he/she is just the cutest thing? I don't care who you are.......that's a tough one.

not for me i do a dam good impersonation of a flying brick 2 eyes 2 ears and a mouth it is a sxxx machine you have there after a while they stop asking questions from me .

you want the truth you can;t handle the truth

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join