It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

adjensen

Jordan River
reply to post by adjensen

Both of you dont see commonalities in those words????

I'm not a fan of dissecting words to find secret meanings, no.

They are similar because they are rooted in the philosophy of thought, beyond that there's no connection that I can see -- my dog is aware of himself and his surroundings, but near as I can tell, he relies on me to be his conscience.

So they are similar but you dont see it?? You accepted the idea in philosophy but not the meaning. These men are educated highly in philosophy, its common. Believe what you want

The entire bible is deep meaning and the pope is as well. I'm not changing words but i try to understand the man behind them. This thread "telephones" the popes words as well. And as a catholic i find true meaning subjective
edit on 18-9-2013 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

ABOVE or OUTSIDE of the current AWARE Conscious perspective of human physical reality understanding, to 1 subjectively in some ways is HEAVEN related...

Heaven, the Heavens or Seven Heavens,
is a common religious,
cosmological,
mythological, or metaphysical term
for the physical or transcendent place from which heavenly beings (such as a God, angels, the jinn, and sky deities like King or Queen of Heaven, Heavenly Father, Heavenly Mother, Son of Heaven, heavenly saints or venerated ancestors) originate, are enthroned or inhabit. It is commonly believed that heavenly beings can descend to earth or incarnate and that earthly beings can ascend to Heaven in the afterlife or, in exceptional cases, enter Heaven alive.

Heaven is often described as a "higher place", the holiest place, a Paradise, in contrast to Hell or the Underworld or the "low places", and universally or conditionally accessible by earthly beings according to various standards of divinity, goodness, piety, faith, or other virtues or right beliefs or simply the Will of God. Some believe in the possibility of a Heaven on Earth in a World to Come.

Another belief is in an Axis mundi or World tree which connects the heavens, the world, and the underworld. In Indian religions, Heaven is considered as Svarga loka, and soul is again subjected to rebirth in different living forms according to its karma. This cycle can be broken after a soul achieves Moksha or Nirvana.

@that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience.

To 1 the Pope appears to be trying to gather more consciously to consider more deep relations to what the HEAVENS actually are and where HUMANITY fits in flesh & Spirit in the Grand Scheme of things.
And so by sending this message the is potentially opening doors consciously/spiritually for those who may not understand or challenge the beyond who by doing so may spiritually or in flesh place themselves in unknown dangers?

For this attempt to try to raise the conscious mind states of the non believers to think at least to obey their conscious GUIDANCE 1 appreciates as they (atheists) are valid beings and many seem astray to themselves as they do not believe...
but to unknown energies these astray souls and flesh may make themselves prey (metaphysically) speaking.

In saying what the Pope is saying it leaves room for more evaluations/understandings where subjective religious un-clarity has been taken for objective truth in concerns/relation to what is interpreted as HEAVEN and or the LOWER locations of Existence for CREATOR Creations... and how some get to these locations.

1 feels THE who CREATES ALL* & sends GUIDES if not THYSELF (depending on interactor/vessel chosen related to group of interest) and can OVERSEE as well...
Does have the intelligence to see SOULS within ALL* of interest to THE and so can see those who are in an abandonment state of conscious mind (telepathically) due to ignorance ones who misused religion energy for nefarious social programming reasons of control or whatever eventually attacking the consciousness of many degrading the name of THE causing MANY to walk away from THE as they become ASTRAY/potentially LOST in flesh and spirit do to ignorance segregating causing social programming weakening the HERD as it SELF INFLICTS destruction upon itself attempting to FOLLOW subjective truths some made intentionally to mislead- detected...

With this 1 feels more are SPIRITUALLY evaluated still even if they don't believe and so its a good try to seek them and present them conscious doors why still permitted to help them if help is needed for their flesh/spirits...

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Jordan River

adjensen

Jordan River
reply to post by adjensen

Both of you dont see commonalities in those words????

I'm not a fan of dissecting words to find secret meanings, no.

They are similar because they are rooted in the philosophy of thought, beyond that there's no connection that I can see -- my dog is aware of himself and his surroundings, but near as I can tell, he relies on me to be his conscience.

So they are similar but you dont see it?? You accepted the idea in philosophy but not the meaning. These men are educated highly in philosophy, its common. Believe what you want

The entire bible is deep meaning and the pope is as well. I'm not changing words but i try to understand the man behind them. This thread "telephones" the popes words as well. And as a catholic i find true meaning subjective
edit on 18-9-2013 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

Please demonstrate that conscience and God mean the same thing regardless of who is interpreting them. Furthermore, please demonstrate why you feel the Pope substituted the word "conscience" for the evidently more palatable "Holy Spirit" or "Will of God".

Please understand that saying, "I feel that is what he meant" won't suffice. He said one thing and you are interpreting it as another.
edit on 18-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Please demonstrate that conscience and God mean the same thing regardless of who is interpreting them. Furthermore, please demonstrate why you feel the Pope substituted the word "conscience" for the evidently more palatable "Holy Spirit" or "Will of God".

Please understand that saying, "I feel that is what he meant" won't suffice. He said one thing and you are interpreting it as another.
edit on 18-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Although I have no universal definition, as people will interpret things differently, the Pope was speaking from the background of a Catholic. From the Catholic Catechism:

ARTICLE 6
MORAL CONSCIENCE

1776 "Deep within his conscience man discovers a law which he has not laid upon himself but which he must obey. Its voice, ever calling him to love and to do what is good and to avoid evil, sounds in his heart at the right moment. . . . For man has in his heart a law inscribed by God. . . . His conscience is man's most secret core and his sanctuary. There he is alone with God whose voice echoes in his depths."47

Eric

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Although I have no universal definition, as people will interpret things differently, the Pope was speaking from the background of a Catholic. From the Catholic Catechism:

ARTICLE 6
MORAL CONSCIENCE

1776 "Deep within his conscience man discovers a law which he has not laid upon himself but which he must obey. Its voice, ever calling him to love and to do what is good and to avoid evil, sounds in his heart at the right moment. . . . For man has in his heart a law inscribed by God. . . . His conscience is man's most secret core and his sanctuary. There he is alone with God whose voice echoes in his depths."47

You feel it would be reasonable to assume that this is what he meant by 'conscience'?
edit on 19-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join