It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The wise ones here shout the old protest of "control." Religion controls you, this is why Religion came up
with Hell. They're selective concerning whose testimony they'll believe, the personal witness of God and the existence of Hell is denied.

No one controls you all, you reject God and the faith. There is only ONE faith. Religions are all man-made.

God who is the Father, Our Lord and God the Holy Spirit loves you!!! You are His/Their baby.

Prayers for your conversion, how come there are so many disbelievers at ATS?

love,

colbe

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Not to burst your bubble..... but what is 'evil'? Evil is contextual. Hitler didn't believe he was evil, he believed that he was doing the right thing. But it was his ignorance that led him to his ideologies in the first place. His ignorance prevented him from seeing things more clearly, and therefore led to his being classified 'evil'!

I believe that all of man's suffering is due to ignorance.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

This is no coincidence as to the timing. He's playing his role to lead the World into a one world religion and paving the way for the Antichrist.

This video is what I believe stands as symbolism for the wrath to come for leading so many souls to hell through idolatry:

Jesus is the only way. He cries every time he has to throw a soul into eternal judgment when he gave them a chance at eternal life with his blood. Tens of thousands of people of all different faiths have died for whatever reason and have seen the insane seriousness of hell and have also seen Heaven. These testimonies are more than real and a lot of Church goers are not saved - spiritlessons.com

edit on 18-9-2013 by StopThaZionistWorldOrder because: typo

edit on 18-9-2013 by StopThaZionistWorldOrder because: .

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

StopThaZionistWorldOrder

This is no coincidence as to the timing. He's playing his role to lead the World into a one world religion and paving the way for the Antichrist.

This video is what I believe stands as symbolism for the wrath to come for leading so many souls to hell:

Jesus is the only way. He cries every time he has to throw a soul into eternal judgment when he gave them a chance at eternal life with his blood. Tens of thousands of people of all different faiths have died for whatever reason and have seen the insane seriousness of hell and have also seen Heaven. These testimonies are more than real and a lot of Church goers are not saved - spiritlessons.com

edit on 18-9-2013 by StopThaZionistWorldOrder because: typo

What do you mean "a chance at eternal life with His blood?"

Just so you realize, redeemed and justified mean two different things STZWO.

love,

colbe

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

misskat1
This unnatural policy, may have contributed to "preying" on children.

Dude ... take a psychology course. Celibacy doesn't cause pedophilia or homosexuality.
You are way wrong on this.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I still don't understand the appeal of eternal life. The only people who are afraid to die are the ones who haven't yet lived. There comes a point when you've done all you've ever wanted to do and all you have left is death. Immortality is unnatural and little more than an escapist device.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

StopThaZionistWorldOrder

This video is what I believe stands as symbolism for the wrath to come for leading so many souls to hell through idolatry:

Um...

You DO realize that guy is no longer the Pope, right?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by colbe

I still don't understand the appeal of eternal life. The only people who are afraid to die are the ones who haven't yet lived. There comes a point when you've done all you've ever wanted to do and all you have left is death. Immortality is unnatural and little more than an escapist device.

I think you're a bit backwards my dear...

you see... Immortality is natural....

Death is the "escapest device" as you call it...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Death is the transition from one form or state to another. Change is inevitable. So how is immortality natural?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Akragon

Death is the transition from one form or state to another. Change is inevitable. So how is immortality natural?

Spirit is that which does not change... it is constant... immeasurable...

Its only the physical state that changes... that is part of the world we live it, and its based around decay and destruction...chaos!

Transition from life to death does not change what is within...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Spirit is that which does not change... it is constant... immeasurable...

Energy changes as well. Like a glass of water being poured into the ocean. Its identity evolves to reflect its relationship with the rest of the universe. In that sense, its immortality is attained by merging with a larger identity. Assimilation. That's not the kind of immortality that lets you live forever. It's the kind of immortality that lets you become something new, again and again and again. That's what death is, an evolution of identity. That goes for the physical and the metaphysical.

Transition from life to death does not change what is within...

You've never died. So how would you know? And before you ask me that question, I will answer with this: energy does not stay in one place forever. It does not stay balanced forever. It will always change. This is proven science.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Energy changes as well. Like a glass of water being poured into the ocean. Its identity evolves to reflect its relationship with the rest of the universe. In that sense, its immortality is attained by merging with a larger identity. Assimilation. That's not the kind of immortality that lets you live forever. It's the kind of immortality that lets you become something new, again and again and again. That's what death is, an evolution of identity. That goes for the physical and the metaphysical.

Doesn't sound like immortality is unnatural does it?

You've never died. So how would you know? And before you ask me that question, I will answer with this: energy does not stay in one place forever. It does not stay balanced forever. It will always change. This is proven science.

Just a "feeling" I suppose... I don't recall previous deaths, but many people have...

How does science know that consciousness is energy when they don't know anything about it?

Science can only speculate on it... but they do not know what creates it, or where it comes from

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Akragon
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Doesn't sound like immortality is unnatural does it?

The sort of immortality you are discussing here is unnatural. One fixed shape, one fixed identity, for all of eternity. Resisting the change of form and function. That is unnatural. Assimilating an identity into a larger identity which subsequently fractures to create more identities is not immortality any more than the glass of water is the ocean is the clouds is the rain is the puddle.

I hope I was clearer that time.

Just a "feeling" I suppose... I don't recall previous deaths, but many people have...

How does science know that consciousness is energy when they don't know anything about it?

Science can only speculate on it... but they do not know what creates it, or where it comes from

See my above response.

edit on 18-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This comment isnt as threatening to catholics or Christianity at all. You have to understand what francis said behind hiswords. Much of his study as a religious figure has to be philosophy.

The last ending sentance was conscious. Conscious is important. To accept conscious is to understand God.

Here is where i understand francis comment.
Flesh births flesh, conscious births conscious.
In other words animals aren't as conscious as man but they create flesh. If you contemplate consciousness you will find God in that search because the spirit of conscious comes from God. This amazing process brings people to God and christ already brings victory to salvation which is another process of self understanding

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

He said "conscience", not "Holy Spirit". You're putting words in his mouth and taking interpretive liberties. So many people here are desperate to interpret the Pope's words as anything other than exactly what he said. Why? Because he's basically saying, "It's not my problem and it's not yours, it's his." Which means that we're supposed to love and care for and appreciate atheists in spite of their spiritual position in this world. Which is what Jesus told us to do anyway, isn't it?

You've seen the Pope's words. There's no changing them or taking interpretive liberties to try and lessen the impact. He said what he said and there's no unsaying it. Personally, it doesn't make a difference to me. But don't rewrite what he said by redefining the words he used. That's called yellow journalism, it's called twisting his words, and it's pathetic. He's the Pope, he should know exactly what he's talking about. Got a direct line to the Almighty, doesn't he? That's what he was elected for. Unlike you. So if anyone should know what they're talking about, it's the Pope.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The word used is "conscience" -- the innate sense of right and wrong, not "conscious" -- being aware. I can't tell from your post which of those two you think he's using, but it's the former. By following one's conscience, desiring to do right and not do wrong, they are automatically following God.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Both of you dont see commonalities in those words????

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Since when has the Catholic church declared the conscience to be synonymous with God or the Holy Spirit? It sounds to me as though you're saying God is actively influencing me despite the fact that I am an atheist. That's not god speaking to me, it's my subconscious informing me that I do not feel okay with doing this, or that it would be appropriate of me to do that. I am aware of what my actions do to others, and my subconscious forms decisions and opinions based on that. That's not god, that's me.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Jordan River

Both of you dont see commonalities in those words????

I'm not a fan of dissecting words to find secret meanings, no.

They are similar because they are rooted in the philosophy of thought, beyond that there's no connection that I can see -- my dog is aware of himself and his surroundings, but near as I can tell, he relies on me to be his conscience.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

There's no deep secret meaning in philosophy but its abstract. I don't believe your dog know its a dog or what a tree is. That being said furthers the discussion.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join