It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we run out of gas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
people underrate the importance of gasoline. What if we ran out? Electricty is fueled by gas..like your in home lectricity? How would we cook..if you want to rub sticks together go ahead (we are all going to one day) shoes are made of oil..gas fuel trains buses cars planes helicopters.. we must find a way out of this!
Any ideas? please reply

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Transmission Deployment]

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Transmission Deployment]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
You are going to be banned, if you dont use your head.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
well I�ll think we looking for alternative energy: like water energy, sun energy...nothing new stuff but a very important topic! these "gas barons" wouldn�t talk about this.isnt that logical?

btw: what has that do to with NWO?

[edit on 13-11-2004 by dacruz]

[edit on 13-11-2004 by dacruz]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The thing is I don�t see us running out of gas in a long while; we will probably be dead by other means before we run out of gas. It would also seem that there is a problem with switching out of using gas. None of the petroleum companies will or would even budge for another system. I would think that a solution to the problem would have already been presented but it seems that it might have been blocked. You see if the petroleum companies were to be shut down a lot of people would be unemployed, the economy would go screwy and every third world country producing it would become much worse off. So enough with the solution to the problem, because that�s going to take awhile. Gas running out does not seem like something I would worry about in the future though. With the artic melting there will be plenty more places to drill for oil and hopefully the change to something else will have started. If we did run out of petroleum for some reason, I can say that we would be royally screwed. People would be forced to recycle and you can say by to your car and heating, etc. It would be pretty bad. Talk about a cold winter in Canada! Unfortunately it would seem that if another system is not invented we will have nuclear reactors everywhere, of course that is inevitable. Who knows...

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Transmission Deployment
people underrate the importance of gasoline. What if we ran out? Electricty is fueled by gas..like your in home lectricity? How would we cook..if you want to rub sticks together go ahead (we are all going to one day) shoes are made of oil..gas fuel trains buses cars planes helicopters.. we must find a way out of this!
Any ideas? please reply

Electricity is not fuelled by gas.
There are many ways to generate electricity, the generators that use petrol based fuel may use other fuel, like biomass gas, and I never heard of power plants that use gasoline.
In Portugal, almost half of the electricity generated comes from hydroelectric power plants. Also, we are going to build the biggest solar power plant in the world.

Shoes are not made of oil, maybe we are a little behind times here in Portugal, but we have many shoes made of leather, and they are better than the shoes made of plastic.

As for the transports, there are many electric trains, there are buses that use vegetable oil, cars that use alcohol, etc.

top topics

join