It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU lawmakers nominate Snowden for Sakharov human rights prize

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Rosinitiate
What is this? Seems like a hand off of power from US to Russia.

Russia protects Snowden (likely an operative of Russia), hence the protection and snub.

Russia stands opposed to US aggression on Syria. Now they stand up to nations against human rights. The nation who criminalizes being gay.

They are just setting up the downfall of US to jump start the One World Order. If not then I'm just in the twilight zone. Do do, do do. Do do, do do.

Interesting, do you have any evidence at all to support the idea that Snowden is a Russian operative?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I doubt he is a Russian operative. If he was the information would have never seen the light of day. It would have been used by the Russians for their own advantage.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I can’t believe all the garbage I’ve been reading lately. I swear, America has become so dumbed down and psychotic that it’s just not the same country I grew up in. It’s been in steady decline since at least the 70’s and has become a society of severely bipolar, paranoid/schizophrenic morons. No wonder the rest of the world has come to have such a dim view of this country. We’re idiots!

It seems that facts no longer have a place in this culture. People will believe ANYTHING, regardless of how nonsensical and outrageous it might be. If some Bozo on TV tells us that night is now day, black is now white and Hitler was actually a righteous dude, 80% of America would praise him for his nonconventional, forward thinking and idolize him as a great American hero.

Anymore we loyal Americans will go to any extent to publicly slander, disrespect and defy the President of our country. I may not agree with every idea he has or solution he proposes, but as an American I think the Office of the President does demand a certain amount of respect. These days we enthusiastically embrace the old school KGB mentality, and not so hidden agenda, of Putin, praising him for the superficial, politically motivated performance he put on, while damning our own president and refusing to ever support him for anything at all. I think it’s scandalous and reveals how shallow we’ve become. If we end up taking this country into the sewer, then I guess we deserve whatever we’ve brought upon ourselves.

As far as Snowden is concerned, I hope he’s enjoying his new digs in the wonderous land of Russia. I’m sure no one is invading his precious privacy there. Certainly not like those evil Americans. What a fool he is. A naive, misguided, traitorous fool. Sorry, but he gets no sympathy from me, and no gold star for being a hero for human rights. I think he committed treason knowingly, and has caused a lot of damage simply to satisfy his own selfish aspirations. He hasn’t really divulged anything that most of us didn’t already know. He simply incited a lot of uninformed people to rebel against something they don’t understand. Well, that was his choice, and he will have to live with it and all it’s consequences.

OK, I’m ready to accept your scorn and absorb the spears and arrows launched in my direction.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

purplemer
reply to post by James1982

I doubt he is a Russian operative. If he was the information would have never seen the light of day. It would have been used by the Russians for their own advantage.

I doubt it as well, hopefully the other poster will be able to provide at least something to back his claim up.

netbound
I can’t believe all the garbage I’ve been reading lately. I swear, America has become so dumbed down and psychotic that it’s just not the same country I grew up in. It’s been in steady decline since at least the 70’s and has become a society of severely bipolar, paranoid/schizophrenic morons. No wonder the rest of the world has come to have such a dim view of this country. We’re idiots!

It seems that facts no longer have a place in this culture. People will believe ANYTHING, regardless of how nonsensical and outrageous it might be. If some Bozo on TV tells us that night is now day, black is now white and Hitler was actually a righteous dude, 80% of America would praise him for his nonconventional, forward thinking and idolize him as a great American hero.

Anymore we loyal Americans will go to any extent to publicly slander, disrespect and defy the President of our country. I may not agree with every idea he has or solution he proposes, but as an American I think the Office of the President does demand a certain amount of respect. These days we enthusiastically embrace the old school KGB mentality, and not so hidden agenda, of Putin, praising him for the superficial, politically motivated performance he put on, while damning our own president and refusing to ever support him for anything at all. I think it’s scandalous and reveals how shallow we’ve become. If we end up taking this country into the sewer, then I guess we deserve whatever we’ve brought upon ourselves.

As far as Snowden is concerned, I hope he’s enjoying his new digs in the wonderous land of Russia. I’m sure no one is invading his precious privacy there. Certainly not like those evil Americans. What a fool he is. A naive, misguided, traitorous fool. Sorry, but he gets no sympathy from me, and no gold star for being a hero for human rights. I think he committed treason knowingly, and has caused a lot of damage simply to satisfy his own selfish aspirations. He hasn’t really divulged anything that most of us didn’t already know. He simply incited a lot of uninformed people to rebel against something they don’t understand. Well, that was his choice, and he will have to live with it and all it’s consequences.

OK, I’m ready to accept your scorn and absorb the spears and arrows launched in my direction.

Respect isn't deserved, it's earned. Obama has done little to earth the respect of the American people. He has gone back on nearly every single important promise he made during the campaign. He is continuing Bush's war against freedom and the American people. He shows no respect for America or its people.

The actions of the NSA are illegal and unconstitutional. The constitution guarantees your privacy. If the government wants to violate that privacy, they are required to show probable cause and get a warrant. They are not doing that. The NSA is breaking the law and violating the constitution of the USA, which is the law of the land, the most supreme rule that presides over the entire country.

Exposing unconstitutional actions of our government should NEVER be seen as anti-american or treasonous. Supporting an unconstitutional government as you seem to be doing is far closer to treason than exposing it.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Snowden unveils that governments have been, with corporations as well, spying on domestic and foreign citizens, and people are STILL blabbering on about political-penis-games between Russia and the US.

It's hilarious, because these same people are the ones who bicker on with their superior intellect of, "I witnessed the Cold War son, I'm not letting that happen again."

THEN QUIT FEEDING IT!

Good lord. That's fantastic though, good on Smowden. He informed the American public that their rights have been and still are being infringed upon.

But what's important here is the fact that he released information to 'the bad guys.'

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

www.abovetopsecret.com... He also received the Whistle Blower award.. I bet all this really pisses the dirt bags who thought they could get away with the spying on everyone and no one would know... Now the whole world knows... Yawn, I am still waiting for more of a serious response from the governments of the world.... Doubt it will happen, they are all probably writing to NSA trying to figure out how they can get on the program and get the nifty nitty gritty on their citizens too...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

RomeByFire
Snowden unveils that governments have been, with corporations as well, spying on domestic and foreign citizens, and people are STILL blabbering on about political-penis-games between Russia and the US.

It's hilarious, because these same people are the ones who bicker on with their superior intellect of, "I witnessed the Cold War son, I'm not letting that happen again."

THEN QUIT FEEDING IT!

Good lord. That's fantastic though, good on Smowden. He informed the American public that their rights have been and still are being infringed upon.

But what's important here is the fact that he released information to 'the bad guys.'

I think, after a certain age, most people are simply unable to change their views on the world. I think age also emboldens their unwillingness to change, as they believe after living 60 years (or whatever their age) they know better than everyone else, and have no need to keep learning and growing.

This certainly isn't the case for everyone, but it seems to be the case for the majority of people. It doesn't seem like a generational thing, as in only people from a certain generation act that way. It seems more to just be an issue of getting older and stubborn, and will happen to most of us that don't make a concerted effort to avoid it.

Anytime you hear people talking about the commies and the marxists, it's pretty easy to identify the mindset the person has. The commies today aren't even real communists anymore. China arguably has more instances of pure capitalism than the US does. And those people also don't even understand what communism is; it's an economic model, NOT a government model. That generation has been so brainwashed during the years of the cold war they are unable to separate the two. All soviets were communists, but not all communists were soviets. Rectangle and square kind of thing.

The dynamic of today's world has changed. It's no longer a clean cut "free world vs the commies" as it once was. That mindset only serves to continue the problems of the past, and does absolutely nothing to address problems of the present and future. Either these people are too scared of today's dynamic that they cling to the past, or they are unable to make sense of today's world that seems so foreign to what they are used to. So they simply reject it, and substitute their half century old, outdated mode of thinking and interacting. It's really quite sad, actually.
edit on 12-9-2013 by James1982 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well, Obama won a peace prize, I guess Snowden can win a prize too! Hell, while we're at it, I deserve a prize for being the best cookie eater while drunk.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
"It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
- A. Solzhenitsyn

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

This is good news!

Also, I see they added a few more Emoticons>>>>>>>

just Testing them

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

The EU Parliamentarians might want to just check first to see if Mr. Snowden actually exists in a human body. They may be nominating a virtual creation of the CIA.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join