It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN reports CIA-funded weapons reach Syrian rebels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
CNN article:
Washington (CNN) - CIA-funded weapons have begun flowing to Syrian rebels, a U.S. official told CNN. But opposition groups say they have yet to receive any.

The official confirmed details first reported by the Washington Post but would not speak publicly.

"That is something we are not going to dispute, but we are not going to publicly speak to it," the official said.

The weapons are not American-made, but are funded and organized by the CIA. They started to reach rebels about two weeks ago, the official said.

The artillery was described as light weapons, some anti-tank weapons and ammunition.

The Syrian National Coalition and the Free Syrian Army deny they have received weapons from the United States.

My thoughts:
I couldn't post this in breaking news because I didn't see a post button. I feel like we are being played. "They" want the US public to feel a certain way but I just can't quite figure it out.

www.cnn.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">CNN link
edit on 9/12/2013 by stellawayten because: I can't get the iPhone version to work right so I just copied and pasted to get the info out!

Here is the link to article: www.cnn.com...

edit on 9/12/2013 by stellawayten because: Link didn't work right!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

The weapons are coming from the saudies. I read somewhere that the rebels got a chemical bomb and it accidentaly went off. Then blamed it on Assad

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Annunak1

The weapons are coming from the saudies. I read somewhere that the rebels got a chemical bomb and it accidentaly went off. Then blamed it on Assad

Do you think you could track down that 'somewhere'?

Because that would be pretty important if true.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Actually, they have been sending weapons over for about a year now,
Arms Airlift to Syria Rebels Expands, With Aid From C.I.A.

With help from the C.I.A., Arab governments and Turkey have sharply increased their military aid to Syria’s opposition fighters in recent months, expanding a secret airlift of arms and equipment for the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad, according to air traffic data, interviews with officials in several countries and the accounts of rebel commanders.

The airlift, which began on a small scale in early 2012 and continued intermittently through last fall, expanded into a steady and much heavier flow late last year, the data shows. It has grown to include more than 160 military cargo flights by Jordanian, Saudi and Qatari military-style cargo planes landing at Esenboga Airport near Ankara, and, to a lesser degree, at other Turkish and Jordanian airports.

Nothing new for the C.I.A..

They have been doing this style of thing since the Iran-contra affair in the 80s. The Reagan administration aided the contras, who were conducting a guerrilla war against the leftist Sandinista government of Nicaragua. At the same time, pacifing the "moderates" within the Iranian government in order to secure the release of American hostages held by pro-Iranian groups in Lebanon at the time, and to influence Iranian foreign policy in a pro-Western direction.

That's how "TPTB" operate, they fuel the fire on both sides. Always have, always will.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

So, the arms have finally started to reach them. We knew the US was planning or had already begun arming the rebels, i read that about a couple of months or so ago. Here's an article from July: U.S. Begins Shipping Arms for Syrian Rebels.

CIA Aims to Vet and Train Fighters With New Weapons for Deployment by August; Saudi Antiaircraft Missiles Expected

And this one: U.S. congressional hurdles lifted on arming Syrian rebels

The CIA got Congressional approval? Whaaa?

But both Republicans and Democrats on the House and Senate intelligence committees had expressed worries that the arms could end up in the hands of Islamist militants in Syria like the Nusra Front, and would not be enough to tip the balance of the civil war against President Bashar al-Assad anyway.

Part of the logjam was broken on July 12 when members of the Senate Intelligence Committee who had questioned the wisdom of arming the insurgents decided behind closed doors to tentatively agree that the administration could go ahead with its plans, but sought updates as the covert effort proceeded.

There's this New York Times article about Russian supplying weapons to Assad, namely advanced missiles ( i thought I also read small arms for fighting the rebels, but can't find the article yet).

The irony.

Yes, they want the US public to feel a certain way, and it is more or less a "game," a war game, and it's pretty clear what "they" want the people of the west to think: Rebels=Good, Assad=Bad. Period.

The US arms the rebels (and possibly also arms Al-Qaeda in doing so)=Good. Russian supplies arms to Syria/Assad=bad.

A bunch of Bull.

edit on 12-9-2013 by Liquesence because: links, source material

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Both sides are bad. Assad is lesser of two evils. US gov chose wrong side. We would have been better off staying out of it or actually helping Assad fight the terrorists. Syria is fairly stable under his rule. Time and again Arabs show their culture is not healthy under democracy. Dont forget Saudi is ruled by a King.

How many Iraqi Civilians died to US weapons of less destruction? Likely 200 times the 1400 who died to chemicals in Syria. Chemicals are bad and should never be used but it is hipocritical for us to raise so much hell about it when our own hands are more bloody.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
And the agenda goes on schedule, our tax dollars keep funding terrorist groups in the middle east and the take over of Assad power goes on, the government keeps the public on the impression that they are doing everything they can to avoid a direct attack.

What a joke, we all know whom are the recipients of such arms and while they may be provided by other means they are American tax dollars paying for them.

Meanwhile if congress doesn't agree to a budget the government will "shut down", really? we tax payer are so played on by the corporate government is not funny while we keep sticking our heads in the sand.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

This was a Tweet from the obama "truth team" OFA 11 months ago on the topic of weapons going to Syrian Rebels:

Romney called for U.S. to arm Syrian rebels without regard to where those weapons might end up. — OFA TruthTeam (@OFATruthTeam) October 23, 2012

Source

My what a difference a year makes.

new topics

top topics

join