It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic Can't Be Revealed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
A public revelation of forces amounting to bending the fabric of reality itself would destabilize society more than ET disclosure. Yes, magic may be a form of technology, but this is merely our assumption. We can't know that for sure.

In essence, anyone who publically claims to possess magical powers is most likely lying. The impact of such powers would be too much for society to handle. If there is such thing as magic, it stands to reason there would never be a public revelation. The ''Harry Potter concept'' makes sense.

Playing with cards and objects, even with our minds, is one thing; bending the fabric of what constitutes reality on the spot is a different level entirely.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

FlowThruSpace
In essence, anyone who publically claims to possess magical powers is most likely lying.

Playing with cards and objects, even with our minds, is one thing; bending the fabric of what constitutes reality on the spot is a different level entirely.

Well, actually - to indigenous tribes in Africa, Western culture does seem to be magical. Western culture is sorcery. The funny thing about it is, if someone publicly claims to possess magical powers, they would be lying, because lying is, in fact, the magic.

As far as other types of magic goes - I've seen Eastern spiritualism operate on fairly deep levels. Remote viewing, and Astral Projection and stuff like that, I have reason to believe exist from my personal experience, online research and interviews.

The funny thing is, this kind of stuff is actually more real than the delusions put in place by Western society, which can impede and dilute it.
edit on 12-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlowThruSpace

"bending the fabric of what constitutes reality on the spot is a different level entirely"

I don't know about that since organised religions have been doing so throughout recorded history.

In this day of age, if Magic was indeed proven to exist, humanity would accept it just like they would except extraterrestrial contact.

We are ready and have been so for the last 40 years!

The main reason we will never learn about "Their" esoteric secrets, essentially sympathetic magic is because it's how the maintain control of the masses. Magic is just another control construct just like organised religion.

edit on 12-9-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

andy06shake
"bending the fabric of what constitutes reality on the spot is a different level entirely"

I don't know about that since Organised religions have been doing just that throughout recorded history.

Exactly.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

The funny thing is, the Eastern stuff is right there in front of everyone, as that is how it operates, but most people are oblivious to it, as that is how they operate. So it is kind of revealed - as a matter of fact, it is entirely revealed by nature - the way to find it is to stop looking.

So it kind of operates under the "hide in plain sight" category? It would actually impede its stealth to engage in hiding.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Human beings do not have extrasensory perception. People cannot bend spoons and forks with their minds. There is no telepathy, no telekinesis and no pyrokinesis. Human beings do not have psychic powers of any kind. People cannot astrally project themselves and out-of-body experiences are hallucinations. People and objects do not have mystical auras. Human beings do not have clairaudience, clairvoyance, dermo-optical perception, xenoglossy, vinyl vision, precognition, psi powers, psychokinesis, remote viewing powers, retrocognition, second sight, a sixth sense or teleportation.

Human beings cannot talk to the dead. Seances and scrying are fake. Ouija boards are fake. Channeling is a trick. Automatic and trance writing is a hoax. Papyromancy is a joke. Tarot cards and cartomancy are fake as is any type of fortune telling, whether it be from tea leaves, runes, pig entrails or any other source. Electronic voice phenomenon is not a sign of otherworldly visitors. Geomancy is bunk. People cannot levitate. Magick is not real and people cannot manifest. The Marfa lights are not aliens or ghosts or swamp gas or radioactivity or ball lightning. There are no real mediums, mentalists, oracles, victim souls, prophets, psychics, psychic detectives, pet psychics or psychic photographers. Nostradamus was a fraud. The occult is not real. Past life regression is fake. Psychometry is false. Reverse speech is false.

Human beings do not have the power to heal others through mystical or psychic means. Crystals do not work. Magnets do not work. Acupuncture and acupressure do not work. Massage is not a legitimate form of treatment. Chiropractors are not real doctors and they do not practice legitimate medicine. Aromatherapy, biofeedback, herbal medicine, naturopathy and reflexology do not work.

Alphabiotics, applied kinesiology, astrotherapy, aura therapy, Ayurvedic treatment, bio-ching, chelation therapy, palmistry, colloidal minerals, coning, craniometry, craniosacral therapy, EMDR, facilitated communication, holistic medicine, homeopathy, intuitive healing, iridology, joy touch, Large Group Awareness Training, macrobiotics, ortho-bionomy, mesmerism, metoposcopy, naturopathy, neuro-linguistic programming, numerology, osteopathy, vitalism, urine therapy, personology, phrenology, physiognomy, psychic surgery, psychoanalysis, reflexology, reiki, rolfing, shark cartilage, coral calcium, therapeutic touch, thought field therapy, transcendental meditation and trepanation are all bunk.

Or I could be wrong. I'm actually completely on the fence about these.

Arouet

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Arouet

Dead people seem to be able to vote and use cellphones so I'm on the fence on this subject.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

greencmp
reply to post by Arouet

Dead people seem to be able to vote and use cellphones so I'm on the fence on this subject.

See, then there's that.

I am optimistically but totally standing at the halfway pitch line.

Arouet.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Arouet
Human beings do not have extrasensory perception.

Those who do are labelled as either frauds or mentally insane and heavily medicated.

People cannot bend spoons and forks with their minds.

Those who can are explained away as tricksters.

There is no telepathy, no telekinesis and no pyrokinesis.

There is, but those with such abilities are marginalized, killed, medicated or imprisoned.

Human beings do not have psychic powers of any kind. People cannot astrally project themselves and out-of-body experiences are hallucinations.

That's what the manipulators want you to believe.

People and objects do not have mystical auras. Human beings do not have clairaudience, clairvoyance, dermo-optical perception, xenoglossy, vinyl vision, precognition, psi powers, psychokinesis, remote viewing powers, retrocognition, second sight, a sixth sense or teleportation.

Everything has an aura. Those who are able to see it are marginalized or medicated.

Human beings cannot talk to the dead. Seances and scrying are fake.

Again, marginalized or medicated.

Ouija boards are fake.

Ouija boards really do work. I wouldn't trust any spirit who interacts through one though, there's no way to verify their intentions, since if you need a ouija board to communicate with them, you probably lack the necessary abilities to discern their intentions.

I could go on, but you see my point.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Magic WAS revealed in public form over a century ago in the form of the book "Occult Chemistry", which recorded the use by Annie Besant and C.W. Leadbeater of a yogic siddhi called "anima" to remote view subatomic particles. These observations were shown by a theoretical physicist in 1980 to be consistent with facts of nuclear and particle physics established many decades later in publications endorsed by a Nobel Prize winner in physics, a Fellow of the Royal Society and an Indian government science minister. For details, see:
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Arouet

in this planet (realm?) there is no way to do magic like pyrokinesis etc

one day maybe, through help of nanobots(?)

but spiritual magic like seeing aura, are 'true' to practitioners, but would you spend a time to explore them?

most people are afraid or lazy of entering that zone, especially magic-is-the-work-of-satan-and-heaven-is-in-afterlife-if-you-believe-in-jesus believers

but most people are also right if they say spiritual magic is just mind trick, thats why i said its 'true'. afaik most realized ppl would say that this world is just like a dream or maya.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Arouet

greencmp
reply to post by Arouet

See, then there's that.

I am optimistically but totally standing at the halfway pitch line.

Arouet.

Thanks for being a good sport!

I like to have fun but, I am interested in the broader subject of pan-consiousness, etc.

edit on 12-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

greencmp

Thanks for being a good sport!

I like to have fun but, I am interested in the broader subject of pan-consiousness, etc.

Is that like a Love Potion (Felix Felicis) or an Accio [object] charm?

Arouet

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Human beings cannot talk to the dead. Seances and scrying are fake. Ouija boards are fake. Channeling is a trick. Automatic and trance writing is a hoax.

Well said friend! You and me should team-up we would make a good skeptic team!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

There will NEVER be a wooden wand that can turn a human into a pig...period.

Now pretending to wave a wand that makes a fire place come alive with flames that is actually turned on by remote control,... THAT is magic...

REAL magic does not exist ... only ignorance of tech...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

As far as other types of magic goes - I've seen Eastern spiritualism operate on fairly deep levels. Remote viewing, and Astral Projection and stuff like that, I have reason to believe exist from my personal experience, online research and interviews.

It's all fraud or explained by psychology. There is no magic. Everything has a naturalistic explanation. It is impossible to communicate with the dead. Psychic powers are impossible. Nature does not deal with magic. Magic is illusionary as honest magicians will reveal. Professional magicians can replicate by natural means all mediumship and psychic phenomena. If you know sleight of hand tricks, deception and suggestion then you know the secrets of psychics. I suggest the book The Psychology of Paranormal Beliefs by the psychologist David Marks or Deception and self-deception: Investigating Psychics by skeptic Richard Wiseman. Have fun reading, friend!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Arouet

You know all the words...

But you don't know what etymology is do you?

Our western society provides most of the services to you in forms that you're apparently not recognizing - without the fake fat buddha merchant statue (siddartha wasn't fat) in most places.

And you do realize medicine has to be made from -something-; and herbs are the most common thing from which to derive medicines...

But I guess you have been brainwashed into believing that if it isn't a manipulated copy that is allowed Patent, it must be magic voodoo.

And you must be right; I can't guide your every move and whine by pressing a few choice spots on your body, with you being completely and utterly helpless without proper awareness training.

Oh, and you're right. The body must be separate from the brain. If the brain feels good, it don't matter; if the body wants to feel bad, it just will -- all by itself -- even though the brain, into which the mind manifests, and by which all the senses are set off, is the most important aspect of human life.

Sarcasm is a little ugly I suppose.

But what would you like for me to say? You have a long list of words that you know, proving you have memory and knowledge.

Did you completely and utterly forebear logic and wisdom? And if so, then why?

Magic is very real.

Just most people are posers and liars. Just like many Christians are only self-proclaimed, so are many of the opposing side.

And both have the potential to perform what even today's western society would call "magic".

But the difference is that God knows better than to allow these things to take place, especially in public, because, like Jesus said, He seeks not to crush us with His power, but to show us His love through Him, and His children, we are the conduit through which He works.

But the opposing side has very few qualms about allowing some magic to manifest here and there, to spur suspicion, raise doubt, cause strife, and manipulate people into twisting their own opinions and agendas.

Hence why the previous poster was able to name an exhaustive list of many fringe works without understanding at all what they were actually saying.

That to me is a sign of the magic of ignorance.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by eveshiskeptic

If you really think psychology does a good job at explaining the actually reality behind anything, you haven't ever applied it. You've just taken in what seemed good to you and pushed forward.

Psychology does not explain physical events. It might attempt to discern the perception of those events, but it fails highly even in that regard. And I mean highly. To the point that lawyers actually get their jobs done, and they are hated; but psychologists are nearly never successful in any of their endeavors. Ever. I mean ever. Well, except to formulate new theories and sell books. But fixing people - nope. Not yet.

In fact...

I'd go so far to say that Psychology IS an attempt at magic.

And so do some experts in the field of psychology. They say there is soon to be a marriage of western psychology and eastern philosophy and religion.

Look it up, let's test your mettle. If you don't find it, I'll coddle you.

Psychology is on par with Horoscope; and Horoscope I have found to be a bit more flexible and more accurate. And I don't even believe Horoscope is accurate.

Come on y'all. "Do you believe in magic?!"

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by eveshiskeptic

Oh, and I thought it prudent to tell you, in case you didn't already know, that you are clearly an ESTJ, whether you like it or not.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
TarzanBeta, excellent posts. I'm on the fence and will probably stay there where it is safe.

Where is my Lithium?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join