It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCann's demand £1 million from Police in missing girl case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Well we all know the case quite well. Madeline McCcann goes missing after her parents are having a booze up on holiday in Portugal. Meanwhile with no babysitter . Who knows what happened to the girl.

www.dailymail.co.uk... Story here

I am very against this. Because of the obvious point that if they do win damages, then it may encourage people other devious minds to do the same thing. Knowing the immense profit that can be had.

Excerpt from the news on above link

"They will give evidence relating to the 'damage' caused by Mr Amaral's book, which they claimed has poisoned public opinion in Portugal against the family and allegedly deterred people from hunting for Madeleine.

The family stands to gain around £1 million in damages if their legal action succeeds.

Spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: 'Kate and Gerry McCann remain very confident that they will win the case."

Makes one wonder will anyone ever get to the bottom of this case?

edit on 12-9-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

I've never read the book referred to but that doesn't stop me being extremely suspicious about the McCann's.

There is something very fishy about the entire story.

The McCanns have turned the whole thing into a business.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This all happened because they chose to leave their kids alone in a foreign country while going out to enjoy their selves without them.

I feel anger towards this couple - The book didn't make me think this way, their inability to look after their own daughter made me think this.

Whether or not they killed her or not, its their fault - simple as. My heart will always be with Madalin and I have empathy for the couple, but they have no right in suing somebody who has the right of free speech.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

bigyin

I've never read the book referred to but that doesn't stop me being extremely suspicious about the McCann's.

There is something very fishy about the entire story.

The McCanns have turned the whole thing into a business.

Have to say i agree with this statement, as a parent there is no way on earth i would have done what they did, had they not been doctors they would have been prosecuted to f**k, as they should have been on return to the UK. What they did was as bad as sex tourism for peado's, which you can be prosecuted for in the UK, regardless of where it happened

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
They covered up her death that I'm certain of, and very cleverly turned the situation around in their favour too make money.

Whether she died accidentally because of a lack of supervision or they killed her I'm unsure of, but they definitely disposed of the body.

S+F for sharing OP

King
edit on 12/9/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/9/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
If you believe their story, then they left their VERY YOUNG child unattended.
It was their mistake that lead to the 'kidnapping'. So no one owes them anything.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
That's just made my blood boil.

Ingrates, cretins, and some other words that wouldn't be permissible here...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

One wonders if they will win this case. What kind of a messege it sends out to other parents.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kingears

What makes you think it could have been a cover-up?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I think the book was " a slur" on them that's what their case is about. Their " image" although I've also not read the book . So wouldn't know exactly what the Mccans are referring to.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Exactly, I think this will set a dangerous precedent, if it found in favorite McCann family, what's stopping anyone and everyone who has an unsolved/cold case suing the police.

Willbe watching this with interest.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieNutter

Yep, or worse still it points to the idea that Gordon Brown was his friend and therefore they are kinda doing them favors. Which is just as bad

top topics

join