Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Oldest known

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Have you ever wondered what got Hominids consciously thinking?
What did it look like?
What did it mean to Art?
Here it is Hominids Earliest known plaything!
3 million years old.
This isnt hot of the press but I thought it was interesting to see it.
Especially if looking in to hominids origins.
Heres a way to look into hominid mind.
This is what they valued
This site also tells of our long association with chrystals some 800,000 years ago

mc2.vicnet.net.au...

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Looks like it has had binding on the top ond bottom what do you think?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It look a bit like a pre-historic bowling ball. OMG our ancestors were galactic bowling champions!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
if its a 5cm bowling ball then it would have 8cm pins.
Picture homer simpson

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
i know that homo sapiens leanred one thing from the neaderthals . . .
how to have sex facing each other

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Of course, it could also be a stone used in fire-making, and the indents aren't eyes, but simply impressions where the stick would go to ignite the tinder perhaps?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Of course, it could also be a stone used in fire-making, and the indents aren't eyes, but simply impressions where the stick would go to ignite the tinder perhaps?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Chimps also supposedly develop attachments to interesting little objects and carry them around for a while. Eventually they loose interest and drop 'em. Looks like this is somethign similar.

jr smith

posted on 13-11-2004 at 07:07 PM
i know that homo sapiens leanred one thing from the neaderthals . . .
how to have sex facing each other

Atra! Atra!! 'Quest for Fire' was awesome.

Gazrok, I think that they were saying that the object was microscopically examined and found to not have any unnatural markings.

edit to add:
Just remembered something. Don't have a ref or know if its found in older associations but. Apparently paleoanthro people find weird little wads of worked tree sap in lots of sites and collections that are about the right time to be con-current with various pre-men (hmm, memory is fuzzy, maybe its only genus homo?). They are thinking that they'd collect this sap and chew it, like taffy or gum. Apparently there is lots of it found all over the place. I kind of like that, cave-men walking around, chewing gum. "Sfunny too, i just had a 'fruit flavoured' tootsie roll. Nice and chewy. Guess the more things change the more they stay the same no?

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Zug Zug!

If no unnatural markings, then I guess they just thought it was pretty, hehe...

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
precious yeees precious

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It almost looks like a boiling stone - dropped in water after heated to make the water come to a boil...but that is far too advanced for Australopithecus seeing as how they were the first to use fire, but not to control it...

Perhaps there was some ceremonial or ritualistic value to these artifcats...But that could be contributing too much value to something as simple as this...The carrying capacity of these hominids was fairly significant, and given that they would often travel precisely as far as their resoucres would allow, it can only be assumed that they made the most of their trips...

Many of these manuports have been found close to the surface in what would have been very muddy terrain...perhaps this was some early form of "paving" or trail markings...

top topics

join