It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: IslamOnline: US Troops Reportedly Gassing Fallujah

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Oh wait....I guess when one of these 'smoke' grenades or 'white phosphorous' shells hits an "insurgent/terrorist", then it becomes a "chemical weapon"?

seekerof

Yes, and the terrorists become "mujahedeen"

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
Well, I doubt it ends after Iraq...

What might our Defense Department be thinking:
(a thought cloud appears over Rumsfeld's head)

"Syria, you looking at me?"
"Iran, you want a piece of this?"
"N.Korea, don't think I don't see you..."

Its a new world m8, when these *^%%'s decided to kill 3000 people in a terror attack, they brought it on and we will finish it. North Korea is not that big of a deal. 'Containment' will work well with them, plus China will have to put the squeeze on them at some point.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

when these *^%%'s decided to kill 3000 people in a terror attack

So you blame all Arabs for this?

[edit on 13-11-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

when these *^%%'s decided to kill 3000 people in a terror attack

So you blame all Arabs for this?

No, if we did we would be killing massive arabs. I do blame the arabs for not speaking out against this type of killing though. But it is a small number that actually commit these acts, the others just look the other way.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Many do speak out, they are just ignored because it is "inconvenient."

But they stopped after the invasion of Iraq, because now they don't feel so bad about it.

I know it may not be right, but it's true.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
I wonder now how many Americans will read the first post in this thread and suspect that our own military would use chemical weapons in Iraq?

We have already seen the responses of some members who normally believe as "true" anything that even mentions "the US and coalition are evil." A lot of people, Muslim and non-Muslim, will believe this without even looking at the facts and realizing it is actually a lie.

I truly think this is just propaganda, like so many of our members are saying, to try to incite more hatred and violence against the U.S. and coalition.

Expect a lot of Europeans using this "lie" to protest against the U.S. and the coalition"..... althu most of the time they just protest against the U.S.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
We have already seen the responses of some members who normally believe as "true" anything that even mentions "the US and coalition are evil." A lot of people, Muslim and non-Muslim, will believe this without even looking at the facts and realizing it is actually a lie.

I truly think this is just propaganda, like so many of our members are saying, to try to incite more hatred and violence against the U.S. and coalition.

Expect a lot of Europeans using this "lie" to protest against the U.S. and the coalition"..... althu most of the time they just protest against the U.S.

You're right. The US never lies.

Everyone else either lies, or believes them.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Is it possible that they are mistaking phosphorous rounds for chemical weapons?

The US military is using phosphorous rounds in the fight in Fallujah and perhaps that is the cause of what they described in the article:

�The US troops have sprayed chemical and nerve gases on resistance fighters, turning them hysteric in a heartbreaking scene,� an Iraqi doctor, who requested anonymity, told Al-Quds Press.

�Some Fallujah residents have been further burnt beyond treatment by poisonous gases,� added resistance fighters, who took part in Golan battles, northwest of Fallujah.

Sfgate
Some artillery guns fired white phosphorous rounds that create a screen of fire that cannot be extinguished with water. Insurgents reported being attacked with a substance that melted their skin, a reaction consistent with white phosphorous burns.

Kamal Hadeethi, a physician at a regional hospital, said, "The corpses of the mujahedeen which we received were burned, and some corpses were melted."

A report on Fox News stated they were using phosphorus shells called 'Tall Boys' that can burn through metal bunkers.
Here's a clip of the Fox News report on it:
usworld_iraq_cookson_110904_300.wmv

You can argue that it's not really a chemical weapon but is a weapon that melts the skin off of people any better?

[edit on 13-11-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You're right. The US never lies.

Everyone else either lies, or believes them.

What kind of argument is this?....

and of course we are to believe you with the title you show so proudly in your avatar huh?...

How is that for a counterargument?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hmmm...now that you mention it...I am kinda proud of it.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Is it possible that they are mistaking phosphorous rounds for chemical weapons?

The US military is using phosphorous rounds in the fight in Fallujah and perhaps that is the cause of what they described in the article:

�The US troops have sprayed chemical and nerve gases on resistance fighters, turning them hysteric in a heartbreaking scene,� an Iraqi doctor, who requested anonymity, told Al-Quds Press.

�Some Fallujah residents have been further burnt beyond treatment by poisonous gases,� added resistance fighters, who took part in Golan battles, northwest of Fallujah.

Sfgate
Some artillery guns fired white phosphorous rounds that create a screen of fire that cannot be extinguished with water. Insurgents reported being attacked with a substance that melted their skin, a reaction consistent with white phosphorous burns.

Kamal Hadeethi, a physician at a regional hospital, said, "The corpses of the mujahedeen which we received were burned, and some corpses were melted."

A report on Fox News stated they were using phosphorus shells called 'Tall Boys' that can burn through metal bunkers.
Here's a clip of the Fox News report on it:
usworld_iraq_cookson_110904_300.wmv

You can argue that it's not really a chemical weapon but is a weapon that melts the skin off of people any better?

[edit on 13-11-2004 by AceOfBase]

Mmmm, White Phosphorous. You can't put it out with water, but you can put it out with mud.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

It is as bad as using artillery rounds but it is not a chemical weapon. Although it is against the law of land warfare to use these type of munitions directly against personnel targets, except as smokescreens, they are also used against material targets, such as bunkers/storage sites or logistic sites.

It is possible that some of the insurgents tried to go through the wall of fire these types of munitions create and substained injuries.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
BTW Ace, you did forget to post from that same link you gave that women and children in Fallujah have been using assault rifles against our forces, so some of these same women and children will get killed or injured, and of course you do not even mention the slaughterhouses that were found in Fallujah.... Fallujah is a terrorist, or if you want to call it insurgent, stronghold.

Not too long ago people were complaining on what "the insurgents" were doing to foreign personnel, (as in decapitating civilians and some military)now Iraqi trops have found that one of these places, where at least some of these people were kept hostages and killed, is Fallujah.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I don't really care what tactics the US uses or who dies on either side (Sarcasm of course), I just want to know, does this move mean that we make more money?

I mean, when is the US going to be able to loan Iraq money, use US corporations to rebuild with that money, and then send the Iraqi govenment in debt to the same foreign bankers as the rest of the world?

Oh yea, I forgot we are talking about the political smokescreen, carry on....

Q

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Unabashed propaganda, targeted to inflame the Islamic masses through misinformation.

Were we using VX, Fallujah would be a dead city. Not partially dead, or occupied, or subdued, but DEAD. Coalition forces would now be the only ones there, and there would be thousands of dead, not "tens". As others have pointed out, I've not seen ANY of our forces in MOPP gear, as they most assuredly would be, were this the case.

CS, Pepper, Tear Gas, Phosphorus, quite likely. These "tall boy" shells are simply a variant of the white phosphor grenades, which have been in usage by many nations for decades. A useful tool for burning out (or, more precisely, "down") the opposition.

This article, and it's variants, is a "non-news" item, published only to muddle the minds of people who accepted Baghdad Bob's claims that "there were no Americans", despite the Abrams tanks rolling in the background over his shoulder.

Weak minds are more easily controlled, and the Islamo-media cultivate this in their viewers on a daily basis. Simply because a story is delivered by an official-looking person behind a desk does not make it news, or indeed factual. Sadly, this is also true of many media outlets, both over there and here.

Honestly, it's kind of like a lot of news we see here in the US. Most of the videos we see on the news were purchased by "correspondents" from Jihadi cameramen on the side of the "insurgents". Does no-one ever wonder why in the news clips, the POV of the cameraman is so often behind the "insurgent" forces? This practice only puts $ in the pockets of the enemy. These chickens**t "correspondents" need to get out of their cushy hotels and out there covering the real story, rather than buying it from the very people we're trying to catch/kill.

What can be done about this blatant propoganda? Not much. I'd say destroy the stations broadcasting this garbage, but then that would make us the "evil infidels" crushing free speech to the eyes of the world.

Strangely, this isn't so much of a problem here, as people know the difference in factual content between say, CNN and the Enquirer. (Just for examples...) The problem lies in the fact that such a large segment of the Islamic world doesn't. If anyone has some good ideas on how to make 1/3 of the Earth's population less gulliable, that might help...

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q
Unabashed propaganda, targeted to inflame the Islamic masses through misinformation.

Strangely, this isn't so much of a problem here, as people know the difference in factual content between say, CNN and the Enquirer. (Just for examples...) The problem lies in the fact that such a large segment of the Islamic world doesn't. If anyone has some good ideas on how to make 1/3 of the Earth's population less gulliable, that might help...

Great post Q

I would like everyone to understand that it does not matter what we think of this news, what really matters is that a large portion of this world accepts this news as unbiased truth.

We have gone from victim on 9/11/01 to "the great evil" in Iraq. An even greater evil than Saddam to many in the Arab/Muslim world.

The Arab news/propaganda is a result of war, and our actions being twisted into acts of pure evil.

It will be the result of the growing perceptions created among the muslims of this world by this Islamic media, and the future it could bring that should matter to everyone who reads this.

This is the stuff that breeds terrorists.

Gazz

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q
This article, and it's variants, is a "non-news" item, published only to muddle the minds of people who accepted Baghdad Bob's claims that "there were no Americans", despite the Abrams tanks rolling in the background over his shoulder.

What a geat example m8, sometimes I think ol Bob is in ATS or at least people gullible enough to believe him

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
It's all propoganda....They're trying to use scare tactics to win the sympathy of the U.S. public.....We would never use lethal chemical weapons...Don't forget the Brits and Aussies are there too...and there are reporters from all over the world....I don't think they all would cover it up....Plus, how do you control where the gas is going, when you have our troops spreading out all over the city....They would never take the chance of gasing one of our own guys!! This reminds me of when the U.S. first got to Bagdad when that one guy (sorry, can't remember his name) from Saddam Hussein's group was saying that they were beating the U.S. and not letting them into Bagdad while on live T.V. and a U.S. tank was pulling up behind him!! Yeah, sure we believe you....

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I think we all know the truth about this, as many members are saying it will be impossible to cover up if the coalition was "gassing Fallujah". That together with the "slaughterhouses" and now the body of the western woman found in Fallujah, perhaps people will realize what Fallujah really was, it was certanly not a city full of innocent civilians.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Of Course we're gassing them! We are nuking them too! The writer of this article just step off the boat or something?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join