It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's an invention I thought up....kinda out of the box.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Here's an invention I thought up....

Okay this is kinda out there....But this will eventually be built I'm sure. Unfortunately my guess is we're still like a good 50 years away from the time we'd even be close enough to consider such a task. But it's bound to one day be built so why not at least start talking about it....

The project would be a "Second Moon". It would look and be designed similiar to "The Death Star" off Starwars. The only difference is that I'm thinking more of a planetary surface. Not a spaceship type object. But one that the inhabitants can occupy the surface. Very similiar to earth infact.

It would be big enough that people could occupy the surface but still small enough that it wouldn't effect anything on earth. I'm thinking it would be anywhere from maybe 150kms to 1500 km diameter which is about 100miles to 1000 miles. There would have to be a lot of figuring to determine what's the best. My guess is it would start off as a smaller moon. Like maybe the 150km diameter.

It would have artificial gravity, and the surface would be landscaped in a manner that depicts the most beautiful parts of earth including some major city scapes.

Land would be at a high premium so the cities would mostly be skyscrapers and condos.

There might be stuff like floating platform type accommodations that would be above the cities to accomodate more people.

I think a large volume of the space would be reserved for just massive parks, lakes, beaches, rivers, moutains, and other terrain. And so when people are tired of the city life they can just head out into wild spaces that they can enjoy. So they won't feel like they're so isolated or away from earth. It will feel very much like earth.

Some things would have to be figured out such as: daylight, atmophere, artificial gravity. etc etc.

This would be ideal for a few reasons.

1) it could act as a way to protect humanity in the event of some asteroid or other cataclysmic event that could wipe out humans from earth. Think about how important that is. Without this kind of thing, one event like an astroid would mean human life ceases to exist, and animals too.

2) we could also use it as means to preserve, plants, seeds, wildlife, oceanic life, etc etc.

3) It would almost be like a elitists get away, like Dubia, or some exotic hide away. And this ties directly into space tourism which is the next big thing that's right around the bend.

So anyway, I think you get the idea for this. What do you think of this invention?

Would you buy a small bachelor apartment on it for a million dollars?

files.archinect.com...
www.gfxtra.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If i had a million bucks and a chance to get off of this earth id do it in a second. It seems as time goes by everyday on earth gets worse be it war or pollution something has got to give.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
It will be the first ever, space colony.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
What if that exists already; our moon. It keeps the planet in harmony with its effect on ocean cycles, female reproductive systems, season changes, natural time etc, it's almost as if it was placed there conveniently by 'gods'.
There are theories that the moon is artificial, is an alien base, is the cog in the magnetic works that keeps Earth sustainable and in perpetual harmony.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
this would be entirely man made. It would be hallow inside and the inside could actually be used as a second planetary surface

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Its an awesome idea, the idea of space colonisation and implementation should be the zenith of any civilized species, unfortunately we have so many problems on this rock, your idea is just that.
There are countless planets out there, and since the universe is but a mere hologram, we can travel to these planets through our minds eye, through dreams, via the infinite imagination highway, no labour needed, no lives lost to make such a colossal orb, leave that to the experts up in the cosmos.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

What an awesome idea. Of course I'm thinking a vacation resort. Dinner with a great view of Earth, peering through giant telescopes, leaping 20 feet in the air, and whatever else one does on fake moons. : )

Maybe Richard Bransom would give a lift...........
edit on 9/12/2013 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaSynthesis

we likely won't be able to do much more than go to space because I think there's too much radiation out there. But maybe by that time they'll have figured out a way to protect from that too. As a lot of things would need to be developed such as artificial gravity and other stuff.

top topics

join