It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin Addresses America In NYT

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Putin isn't a nice guy ... and he rules with an iron fist ... and Russia isn't free.
That being said ... this man knows what he's doing. He's brilliant. He doesn't blink.
Using our freedom of the press to further his own situation is brilliant.
Freedom of the press .. something Russia really doesn't have.
Try writing a song or a press piece against Putin in Russia .. see what happens.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

WOW.... I had totally missed that messaging within what he was saying. At least, consciously, I missed it. Now that you plop it right there on the table like a sack of dog doo, it's pretty clear to see, isn't it?

I wish Psy-ops on OUR side were that subtle and skilled. Sheesh.... I might feel more confident. They have the professionals running Russia and we have a comedy troupe running a Chinese Fire Drill without the Chinese.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Exactly. What happened to 'Pussy Riot' again? And 'God created everyone equal'? He must have gagged writing that one down. As they attempt to crush the rights of the LGBT community. As Big Brother Bob Emory used to sing, 'The grass is always greener, in the other fellow's yard'.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Of course he isn't a nice guy. I don't think you can run a country successfully being a nice guy though.

... and Russia isn't free.
I don't think we are anymore either...

Freedom of the press .. something Russia really doesn't have.
Try writing a song or a press piece against Putin in Russia .. see what happens.

We don't really have freedom of the press anymore either... not since they made the rule back during the gulf oil spill that the press is not allowed to report or take pictures of anything that might cause harm to others, or cause a civil unrest.

What happens in Russia if you write or sing something against Putin? I know here, from the rodeo clown incident, you loose your job and risk imprisonment.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

It wouldn't cost 10's of billions of dollars to destroy Syrias Chemical stockpile.

www.cbsnews.com...

It would still be in the billions though.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

VoidHawk
What if, they're all in this together (Obama and Putin) and the world is being played!

What if, Russia and America were threatening each other! Would we all start crapping ourselves and beg our leaders to protect us?

I think its all a game.

Ya think? They play the game at a level most of us never see, and we are not even pawns...

This is nothing new and has been going on for a LONG, LONG time!

edit on 12-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Why Syria? An Examination of the Iran-Iraq-Syria Pipeline.

«As the Western military forces congregate in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea in anticipation of a “limited strike” on Syria, it is time to ask ourselves a simple question: Why?»

«In the summer of 2011, just weeks after civil war broke out in Syria, the Tehran Times released a report entitled, Iran, Iraq, Syria Sign Major Gas Pipeline Deal. The report provided details on how Iran planned to export its vast natural gas reserves to Europe through a pipeline that traversed both Iraq and Syria. This Iran-Iraq-Syria pipeline would be the largest gas pipeline in the Middle East and would span from Iran’s gas-rich South Pars field to the Mediterranean coastline in Lebanon, via Iraq and Syria.»

The official Western narrative against Syria goes something like this:

The Syrian government has abused basic human rights, maintains deep ties with rogue regimes like Iran and North Korea, and just recently launched a chemical weapons strike on hundreds of its own people. In addition to killing its own people, the Assad regime is serving to destabilize an already unstable Middle East. Assad must go…

First, consider these words from U.S. General Wesley Clark. Clark, who is clearly a globalist, admitted that the U.S. had already made the decision to invade Syria as early as 2001.

UK’s Daily Mail on January 2013. Below is a snippet of the report, which was entitled, U.S. ‘backed plan to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria and blame it on Assad’s regime’ :

- Leaked emails have allegedly proved that the White House gave the green light to a chemical weapons attack in Syria that could be blamed on Assad’s regime and in turn, spur international military action in the devastated country. A report released on Monday contains an email exchange between two senior officials at British-based contractor Britam Defence where a scheme ‘approved by Washington’ is outlined explaining that Qatar would fund rebel forces in Syria to use chemical weapons.

Here’s the text of the email, according to the report:

Phil… We’ve got a new offer. It’s about Syria again. Qataris propose an attractive deal and swear that the idea is approved by Washington.

‘We’ll have to deliver a CW to Homs, a Soviet origin g-shell from Libya similar to those that Assad should have. ‘They want us to deploy our Ukrainian personnel that should speak Russian and make a video record.

‘Frankly, I don’t think it’s a good idea but the sums proposed are enormous.

Your opinion?

‘Kind regards, David.’

(As an interesting side note, the Daily Mail yanked this story from their website just a few weeks ago, perhaps in anticipation of the recent chemical weapons strike. However, FTMDaily was able to locate the story through the use of archive.org)

So far, the only hard evidence that exists is the above email which shows intent on the part of the U.S., not Syria.

Source

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I find this whole scenario, strange we have a war in Syria, hundreds of thousands have died, civilians and soldier etc. We have our President wanting to bomb weapon/chemical depot's to lets, face it, to hinder the Syrian government's fighting capability.. We have Putin, asking us not to do anything, I also heard that Putin, is threatening if the USA, does bomb Syria..
Pretty crazy, no matter how poetic, and sincere Putin, sounds he is practically being inhumane, looking at this on a right and wrong drawing board, Putin, is wrong.. Obama, is wrong also, but I think he is more right, he is trying to prevent chemical weapons being used on people women and children etc. Yet who knows what the real truth is, but its safe to say the chemical weapons used in syria, hurt women and children...

This Scenario, is crazy.. No matter how you flip it, or look at it.. Even a blind glance could see something formidably wrong with these people in power..

as odd as it sounds I think most people in the free world, have compassion, and feeling for other human beings. I mean the truth is, these leaders do not really care about these people in the middle, its power politics and resources. This guy Putin, thou, he has some balls, trying to look like the good guy
offering a diplomatic idea, that is almost impossible to work, and has never been tried when a WAR is raging in their region..
its not applicable and I think most people understand its a stall tactic, so we can see more politics..

here is the real truth, USA, said we are going to bomb syria, for use of chemical weapons, Russia, said NO, we will get pissed, USA said so.. Russia, said we might fight you over it.. So here we are now, Obama, is in a position where he is going to look like a punk, for talking all that high power about us attacking syria, shot across the bow etc.. So he is in a political mess, because if he does nothing, that will actually hurt relations with many.. If he acts out, he has waited to long, and their will be allot of fall out now.. Israel, when bombed Syria recently they just did, and that was it, did'nt talk about it again.. Not this orchestrated bullcrap.. its odd, but the sides just revealed themselves to the people that have been asleep the past decade, and we might actually see the lines drawn and crossed...

If was does start over Syria, no one will know what happens next... Its easy to read about World wars in history books, but those that lived during the wars did not know what was going to happen next, if they would win lose etc...

It would defiantly change our lives.. So that is why this story is so compelling, to me over how its being told and conducted by the characters in it..

Just had to get that off my chest..

edit on 12-9-2013 by Bicent76 because: grammar, punctuation etc.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

That Daily Mail thing is faked by the way. There's a thread somewhere in Hoax I think?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Putin what a great guy!! Gassed his own people in a movie theater back in 2002 and now he's suppose to be the voice of reason? LMAO!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

"We need to use the United Nations Security Council and believe that preserving law and order in today’s complex and turbulent world is one of the few ways to keep international relations from sliding into chaos. The law is still the law, and we must follow it whether we like it or not. Under current international law, force is permitted only in self-defense or by the decision of the Security Council. Anything else is unacceptable under the United Nations Charter and would constitute an act of aggression."

So, the question is: Is the U.S. above the law?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

How do you prove it's faked?

It haves 33 comments and the page seems legit w/ daily page format.

by the way Jerry states clearly :

(As an interesting side note, the Daily Mail yanked this story from their website just a few weeks ago, perhaps in anticipation of the recent chemical weapons strike. However, FTMDaily was able to locate the story through the use of archive.org)

I do not believe in you Sir.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

VoidHawk
I think its all a game.

abeverage
Ya think? They play the game at a level most of us never see, and we are not even pawns...

Agreed. What another member said in another related topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

covertpanther
[...] You people come here everyday; scrolling through MSM sites; then come on to Ats and copy/paste their global propaganda. Come onto these threads, star and flag over and over.. Exchange about the world affairs like you know whats going on and you understand war..

You are a human who is slave to your habitual mind activty. Doing the same thing over and over. Coming home to look at a screen, to see 'what the big news is today'...

Its so easy to take control of this planet; because the people behave like animals, who actually THINK they have a clue what is goin on in the reality they call 'earth'..

Its getting pathetic. THIS IS A CONSPIRACY SITE, NOT A MAINSTREAM NEWS OUTLET. Which is what its becoming..

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pilotx

yep agreed, back in the old days before sites like ats, where everyone on the planet with a laptop/smartphone or some other device you can get onto the WWW and type out your mind, people would just read the paper and let this kinda stuff worry about itself.. Not pretend to know what the hell was going on.. Sure people had opinions on it, and would talk AMONG friends and family about it.. Having their own idea's/conspiracy's about it etc.

My elderly family members I was around when I was a child, never pretended to know what was going on during the cold war, they just knew the Russians were not to be trusted etc. I remember the threat of war was always there thou, even as a kid, talk of the fulda gap, nuclear holocaust etc was on people's minds.. I could not imagine a ATS site during the cold war, every day we would see a new WWW 3 thread. I agree ats has gotten a bit immature in 2013.

I agree with you as well.
edit on 12-9-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

abeverage
They play the game at a level most of us never see, and we are not even pawns...

One Night In Bangkok

What, so... this is all a chess game that revolves around... Thai ladyboys??

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

edit on 12-9-2013 by einstein121 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
sorry ^

Didn't mean to quote you. Just reply.

Vladimir V. Putin is the president of Russia.

Don't think he wrote this. I cant find anywhere it says "By Vlad Putin." hmmmm

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

princeofpeace
Putin what a great guy!! Gassed his own people in a movie theater back in 2002 and now he's suppose to be the voice of reason? LMAO!

www.cbsnews.com...

Get your story straight. He put everyone to sleep. Including the 2 to 3 dozen men who held the threatre goers hostage. He took care of business without bullets It's sickening to hear people blast someone based on his/her political ideology, when those people live such vastly different lives there is no way they can fully "get" what a country based on a different ideology does.

Do they have freedom of press? No. Neither do we. The difference is that the media outlets are owned by people with agenda's who censor what is said on those outlets in order to meet that agenda. When that isn't the case, outlets censor what they say based on viewer demand because so many different people get offended by the smallest of thing. Freedom is killed insidiously and the act is lied about. Either by the owners, or by the viewers who believe their "infringed upon sensibilities" should lead to what amounts to censorship all in the name of not getting their damn feelings hurt.

In Russia, it's killed right in front of your face and that seems to "bother" people somehow.

That, I believe, is a direct result of generations of people being fed the notion that being politically correct is the mature way to do things. Say and imply things in such a way to where no one gets their feelings hurt, and be a good little adult. That's a pretty pathetic way to live IMO and it's the main reason why America is now the laughing stock of the world. How can a person or a country possibly be taken seriously when they're walking on linguistic eggshells, and then bombing people when we don't like the way they fight a civil war because it's not a "Democratic" way of doing things?

I'm not bashing America and I'm not kissing Putins a**, I like my country. But the leaders who lie to our face and the people who believe it........I'm sorry, accept it, are no friends of mine when they can't get up, grow a pair and start living like mature adults.

( Yeah, the coffee's working just fine today
)
edit on 12-9-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

I believe this is the article being referred to. DailyMail yanked the story and issued a retraction in April.

DailyMail Retraction

-Will

ETA: This is very interesting, though. To see an article about a possible U.S.-approved CW strike in Syria and then its retraction in the months leading up to an actual CW attack in Syria which is also being blamed on Assad... I guess it isn't too much of a stretch to consider a case of government censorship/cover-up being possible.
edit on 9/12/2013 by Vilhelm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This article is not fake.Putin is telling America they are not special.U.S. should counter and tell Russia that they don't do a thing to help stop terrorism in the middle east.Remind them of how terrible they did in Afghanistan to stop extremist as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join