It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin Addresses America In NYT

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Recent events surrounding Syria have prompted me to speak directly to the American people and their political leaders. It is important to do so at a time of insufficient communication between our societies.

Relations between us have passed through different stages. We stood against each other during the cold war. But we were also allies once, and defeated the Nazis together. The universal international organization — the United Nations — was then established to prevent such devastation from ever happening again.

The potential strike by the United States against Syria, despite strong opposition from many countries and major political and religious leaders, including the pope, will result in more innocent victims and escalation, potentially spreading the conflict far beyond Syria’s borders. A strike would increase violence and unleash a new wave of terrorism.

Syria is not witnessing a battle for democracy, but an armed conflict between government and opposition in a multireligious country. There are few champions of democracy in Syria. But there are more than enough Qaeda fighters and extremists of all stripes battling the government. The United States State Department has designated Al Nusra Front and the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, fighting with the opposition, as terrorist organizations. This internal conflict, fueled by foreign weapons supplied to the opposition, is one of the bloodiest in the world.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 9-12-2013 by Springer because: corrected link and added external content tags

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'd have to say that this puts Obama in check...watch out for checkmate.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

Bam Bam needs to hire Putins writers

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

minkmouse

Bam Bam needs to hire Putins writers

Oh, I agree. But if Bam Bam would stop brutalizing the Middle East he wouldn't need better writers....

edit on 9/11/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
What if, they're all in this together (Obama and Putin) and the world is being played!

What if, Russia and America were threatening each other! Would we all start crapping ourselves and beg our leaders to protect us?

I think its all a game.

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I was wondering if we'd ever see a leader address people directly and frankly again. Hmmm... He's turning out to be an interesting one, that's for sure. He's living up to be what his life history and career experience would suggest. Intelligent, cunning and very aware of how to play things.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
So he addressed the American people in the NYT yet your link is to zerohedge? Any chance on a link the the actual article?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Oh, the opportunism, I mean, humanity!

Do we now live in bizzaroworld or what?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

ratcals
So he addressed the American people in the NYT yet your link is to zerohedge? Any chance on a link the the actual article?

It's linked right on the page if you bothered to even click it.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Thanks

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Ex_CT2

Oh, I agree. But if Bam Bam would stop brutalizing the Middle East he wouldn't need better writers....
Why did you stop ? You were almost there.

If Bam Bam stopped warring in the Middle East, there would be no need for a Monster Defense Budget.

Then there would be no need to Buy more Weapons from Defense Suppliers.

Private Contractors could be taken off the Payroll.

You see where I'm Going with This?

It is Funny how half this Site thinks this is coming from Obama....

In the Batter's Box .. Syria. Warming up in the On deck Circle ... Yemen. Could be Pinch Hit by Iran , if the US changes Pitcher's , er, Presidents.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Who would have thought this was possible a year ago, i sure didn't but Putin sure shows some skills when it comes to politics and leadership.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

You're absolutely right. I suffer no illusions on that account.

But he is the frontman; I love to hate him; and he is a ghoul—I have no doubt he enjoys a nice game of Drone Lawn Darts to unwind in the evening.

Sooner or later we'll get at his masters, and I fear when we do the American people will accord them much better treatment than they've accorded us. But that's for another day....

edit on 9/11/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
CNN.com just posted something about this breaking news.

BREAKING NEWS
Putin: Strike would unleash terrorism

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Is he a nice guy? Does he embrace altruism? Do his actions/decisions maintain a duty to his people?

I would say the answer to all of the above is "No."

And despite that, he is still the best leader the planet has to offer right now.

What the hell did I just say????

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
THIS

My working and personal relationship with President Obama is marked by growing trust. I appreciate this. I carefully studied his address to the nation on Tuesday. And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the United States’ policy is “what makes America different. It’s what makes us exceptional.” It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation. There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Is he a nice guy? Does he embrace altruism? Do his actions/decisions maintain a duty to his people?

I would say the answer to all of the above is "No."

And despite that, he is still the best leader the planet has to offer right now.

What the hell did I just say????

Yeah... It's really a surreal situation, isn't it?

Tell ya the truth....it's starting to get the same damn feeling it had in 1989...only I know Russia isn't in any danger of sudden night/day changes. It's certainly not a positive feeling either. Maybe this....? Hmm.. I'll hold that thought for now. Let's see how things play out.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Half of yall that think he's brutalizing the middke east, which are overwhelmingly muslim, were the same ones that accused him of being muslim himself. Quit blaming the puppet for putting on a show you dont like and place blame on the puppet master pulling the strings. People always want to blame the president for policies and international issues. Thats like blaming the anchorman for the news.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

earthling42

Recent events surrounding Syria have prompted me to speak directly to the American people and their political leaders. It is important to do so at a time of insufficient communication between our societies.

Relations between us have passed through different stages. We stood against each other during the cold war. But we were also allies once, and defeated the Nazis together. The universal international organization — the United Nations — was then established to prevent such devastation from ever happening again.

The potential strike by the United States against Syria, despite strong opposition from many countries and major political and religious leaders, including the pope, will result in more innocent victims and escalation, potentially spreading the conflict far beyond Syria’s borders. A strike would increase violence and unleash a new wave of terrorism.

Syria is not witnessing a battle for democracy, but an armed conflict between government and opposition in a multireligious country. There are few champions of democracy in Syria. But there are more than enough Qaeda fighters and extremists of all stripes battling the government. The United States State Department has designated Al Nusra Front and the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, fighting with the opposition, as terrorist organizations. This internal conflict, fueled by foreign weapons supplied to the opposition, is one of the bloodiest in the world.

www.zerohedge.com...

Ok what's really going on? When did a foreign countries President feel he has to bypass all the Diplomatic channels and talk directly to the people. At this rate the guy could run for president and get in.
What's changed, I don't believe in father xmas.

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I spent a whole career fighting the 'cold war' for the US and funny thing, I like Putin way better than Obama. Putin is actually a leader. Obama is a pawn. NSA, Joint Chiefs, and Mossad are running Obama. Putin speaks for himself.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join