It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima A Disaster Still Growing and Killing Humanity and Sea Life! Where is the Outrage???

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Ya and the media acts like the only people who care are a couple of Japanese fisherman. This is probably the biggest story that exists right now..up their with USAs next crusade.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

GaryN
reply to post by Dianec

Is there a chance these things have made it into the ground?
I would like to know when they would stop digging their way into the earth though.

Most likely the corium never went through the basement cement, if it did even melt through the vessel itself, but if they won't provide images, we can't be sure. Tests have been done at Argonne, which should give a reasonable idea of what happened at Fuku.

www.ne.anl.gov...

Here's an image from 2011. It states it's a crack and that was over 2 years ago so I imagine it was from initial damage but now that there is leaking I am wondering if these cracks were not properly secured and this is the reason?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think this to be the worst disaster in the history of mankind. It is a nightmare of truely unimaginable proportions, and the nightmare is only beginning.

But here's a little food for thought...

What if (under some completely unlikely set of circumstances) that mankind ACTUALLY learns it's lesson from the horror of Fukashima once and for all. The planet decides to abandon nuclear power for good...(never happen, but go with me here)...in pursuit of alternative (relatively cleaner) energy...ignoring the drop in overall reserves and its effect of the world's economy. Ignore the loss in jobs. Forget about the effect on transportation and how it would restrict food. Forget all that.
Do you know how difficult and expensive it is to decomission a nuclear aircraft carrier?
It was SO expensive that when the US had a chance to do it (for the first time), they sent the thing back out into service instead. It was SO difficult a task that even the ENTIRE US military industrial complexe said: "Nuh-uh".
That's just ONE.
They don't even know what to do with just ONE of these things.
Now, how many are in the world?
Could you even hazard a guess?

(I totally can't.)

My question is...even in this faerie-tale uber-awesome alternate world of nuclear dismantling & disarmament:

What would we do with ALL that fissile material...ALL the feul spent/unspent feul rods...ALL the irradiated casings, reactor parts and structures...ALL that heavy water.
What on EARTH could we possibly do with it all?
Wouldn't we still be just as dead as we would be under a "worst-case senario"?
Just saying it outloud.

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

aboutface
I'm still in disbelief that they awarded the Olympic games to Tokyo, given the high amount of fish in their menus and the city's proximity to the contaminated area. Don't get me wrong, I do wish the best for all the Japanese people, but we've all been privy to the lies about Fukushima, so why does there seem to be a global agenda to overlook it and not talk about it?

Could this be part of the hypothetical plan to reduce the world population? A couple of millions will probably attend the 2020 Tokyo games. They will get contaminated, especially thinking about the fish-based diet you mentioned and the proximity. Also, by 2020 I believe a larger part of Japan will be radioactive.

Now, when they go back home, could they get their families sick as well?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Dianec

Most likely the corium never went through the basement cement, if it did even melt through the vessel itself, but if they won't provide images, we can't be sure. Tests have been done at Argonne, which should give a reasonable idea of what happened at Fuku.

www.ne.anl.gov...

Here's an image from 2011. It states it's a crack and that was over 2 years ago so I imagine it was from initial damage but now that there is leaking I am wondering if these cracks were not properly secured and this is the reason?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Thanks Dianec, that's a great resource and important information. Thank you!!

Additionally, things only seem to be getting worse day by day. I'm just amazed out the lack of International or UN outcry for Global assistance. Now this latest update:

1000 tons of polluted Fukushima rain water dumped into the sea

Posted on September 17, 2013

September 17, 2013 – JAPAN - The operator of the leaking Fukushima nuclear plant said Tuesday that it dumped more than 1,000 tons of polluted water into the sea after a typhoon raked the facility. Typhoon Man-yi smashed into Japan on Monday, bringing with it heavy rain that caused flooding in some parts of the country, including the ancient city of Kyoto. The rain also lashed near the broken plant run by Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO), swamping enclosure walls around clusters of water tanks containing toxic water that was used to cool broken reactors. Some of the tanks were earlier found to be leaking contaminated water........The problem has been worsened by leaks in some of those tanks that are believed to have seeped into groundwater and run out to sea. Separately, around 300 tons of mildly contaminated groundwater is entering the ocean every day having passed under the reactors, TEPCO says. -SBS

SOURCE ^^^^

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i'll tell you what makes me mad....
its been what..2 1/2 years now? what has been accomplished?
nothing
nada
zilch
zero
day after day, month after month, year after year...of nothing.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

autopat51
i'll tell you what makes me mad....
its been what..2 1/2 years now? what has been accomplished?
nothing
nada
zilch
zero
day after day, month after month, year after year...of nothing.

This is just your Imagination but not the Reality

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Fukushima debris hits Hawaii

Older Source as Radioactive Material Debris Move West to East

Debris set adrift by the 2011 Japanese tsunami has made its way to Hawaii, triggering concerns over the unknown effects of the radiation it may carry from the meltdown of the Fukushima reactor.

Debris has washed ashore the islands of Oahu and Kauai and the state’s Department of Health has been asked to test some of the incoming material for radiation levels. Refrigerator parts, oyster buoys, housing insulation, storage bins, soda bottles, toys, fishing nets, plastic trash cans and even Japanese net boats have all washed up on Hawaiian sands in the past few weeks, triggering serious environmental concerns over both water pollution and radiation exposure.

Long-term exposure to radiation can cause cancer, gene mutations, premature aging and in severe cases, death. The consequences of the influx of debris are unknown, causing local agencies to advocate precaution in picking up the Japanese debris.

“On behalf of NOAA and the State of Hawaii, we ask that anyone who finds personal items, which may have come from the tsunami, to please report them to county, state and/or federal officials,” William J. Aila, Jr., Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) chairperson, told Hawaii 24/7 News.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

The Navy knows what to do with this stuff. Hide it! We really have no way to reuse or dispose of any radioactive waste. Everything is just...stored. Then we pretend it will go away.

They have decommissioned a LOT of reactors though. Take a look at this picture. (And this is only ONE site.) This is what is unofficially called a "Reactor Compartment Graveyard". Each of those things you see lined up in the desert to be buried, those are NOT just reactor cores. EACH one of those is an entire REACTOR COMPARTMENT.

That means EVERYTHING behind the primary shielding. This includes the reactor core, reactor coolant pumps, ALL primary piping and valves, steam generators, control rods, fuel rods, APDs, CRDMs, ion exchanger, etc. EVERYTHING. They just wrap it up in one big package and throw sand on it because it's too irradiated to be used for anything.

edit on 19-9-2013 by AlliumIslelily because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

AlliumIslelily
reply to post by Eryiedes

The Navy knows what to do with this stuff. Hide it! We really have no way to reuse or dispose of any radioactive waste. Everything is just...stored. Then we pretend it will go away.

They have decommissioned a LOT of reactors though. Take a look at this picture. (And this is only ONE site.) This is what is unofficially called a "Reactor Compartment Graveyard". Each of those things you see lined up in the desert to be buried, those are NOT just reactor cores. EACH one of those is an entire REACTOR COMPARTMENT.

That means EVERYTHING behind the primary shielding. This includes the reactor core, reactor coolant pumps, ALL primary piping and valves, steam generators, control rods, fuel rods, APDs, CRDMs, ion exchanger, etc. EVERYTHING. They just wrap it up in one big package and throw sand on it because it's too irradiated to be used for anything.

Yes, I think you bring up the next, if it hasn't already reached us after 60 years of testing Nuclear weapons and energy plants. Most of the older containers have 50 years at most of withstanding decay. I really don't want to over exaggerate, but, we are possibly on an atomic fallout of amegeddon.

A scene. Possible?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

It is not total dark,
as usual look for the German (Japans secret Love Affair)
they had/ have a huge Problem in the middle of Central Germany
Wismut Uranium Mine:

But after all this Years they nearly done it and the whole Area is
nearly as fresh as a former Uran Mine can be!

(Use the inside links for further Information)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

They do not know how to handle it.
It is uncharted Territory.
There is more fear than outrage.
Even more troublesome is that Neither
of those responses
are a productive Solution.

That MOX Fuel is a game changer for ALL of us. S&F

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link