It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima A Disaster Still Growing and Killing Humanity and Sea Life! Where is the Outrage???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

ALL I can say, is I am in no way trying to scare anyone....I am trying to learn myself and educate myself and others.......

That's commendable, and if you take the time to become educated about nuclear physics, which isn't as tough as you might first think, you will discover that there is much being put forward by mainstream media that is totally untrue. Also, to balance things out some, you should at least read some of the articles written by people who DO know about all this stuff, and have worked in civilian and military settings, and have qualifications too. This article is quite informative, as is much else on the site. In the comments section, anti-nuke folk are not locked out or scorned or insulted, generally just pointed in the propper direction so they can learn some science, rather than just listening to the mainstream media, who are only interested in bringing in readers to boost their revenue.

Fear mongering over WATER leaks at Fukushima Dai-ichi

atomicinsights.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

What about the MOX fuel rods stored in #3? I have read that they are a new type of fuel rod being used and are believed to be ten times worse than a "regular" Plutonium rod. Do you think this is true or not? I know for a fact most countries with nuclear plants do not run these type of rods. To be honest I have no idea so really just a question to anyone that knows not fear mongering.

Wiki

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

the main stream media..says nothing. they avoid this issue like the plague.
i see you are from Canada..you tube is full of your fellow Canadians geigering
rain water..and the results ARE alarming! Arnie Gunderson (whom i respect as an authority)
has been reporting on this since the beginning does not hold a lot of hope for this situation.
he just recently stated that the chance of fuel rod extraction happening successfully was grim at best.
anyone who can sit behind a keyboard and say everything is fine..is surely out of touch.
have a nice day and eat more Pacific seafood!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

GaryN

ALL I can say, is I am in no way trying to scare anyone....I am trying to learn myself and educate myself and others.......

That's commendable, and if you take the time to become educated about nuclear physics, which isn't as tough as you might first think, you will discover that there is much being put forward by mainstream media that is totally untrue. Also, to balance things out some, you should at least read some of the articles written by people who DO know about all this stuff, and have worked in civilian and military settings, and have qualifications too. This article is quite informative, as is much else on the site. In the comments section, anti-nuke folk are not locked out or scorned or insulted, generally just pointed in the propper direction so they can learn some science, rather than just listening to the mainstream media, who are only interested in bringing in readers to boost their revenue.

Fear mongering over WATER leaks at Fukushima Dai-ichi

atomicinsights.com...

Fair enough and I appreciate your civil dialogue. And I really am continuing to learn about things that I find important to me. Never thought I'd be looking into nuclear physics.....but I am. I went to your link, thank you very much.
But there is something that tells me that something is not quite RIGHT...right??

Perhaps I'm overstating a bit....right???

I must be totally wrong, right?????

BUT........There are differing opinions from what you ascribe to.......

Nuclear Expert: Biggest concern at Fukushima is the huge source of radioactivity from molten fuel and spent fuel pools winding up in ocean — “The health of the entire Northern Pacific is at stake”

Hence....WHO DO WE BELIEVE???? I'm only trying to learn and raise awareness. But C'mon!!!!! A nuclear disaster has happened for God's sake........tons, 100's of tons of nuclear waste are being dumped into the Pacific Ocean.

The incompentancy of TEPCO and lie after lie that they have been caught in....and finally had to admit to.....YOU mean 'nothing to be worried about????????' Look, I live with an open mind....not in some closed room.

You may not like it, you may think you know better, but those simple facts ^^^^ alone tell anyone who is not isolated in thought.....that there is a problem. It is growing everyday.....dumping tons of radioactive waste water in the Pacific Ocean.....ground water is being contaminated. There are reports on all of this....even the Japanese government which always is very, highly proud and respectable....finally declared that TEPCO had lied and needed to step in.

Your source, My source....I am trying and looking hence my reply to you. Well here is one of the sources >>>>>Link to expert in nuclear fussion

He is as concerned as many of us should be!!!! This is something that is growing everyday....no one NO ONE knows what the full ramifications will be....but, obviously....many opinions being tossed around....when that happens....it raises my feeling that something 'Big' is happening and no one NO ONE knows really WTH is happening......but I'll remain teachable!! In the meantime.....please do the same!! Peace!

Edit: even gave you a star Gary, because I respect the fact that you participated.....I do this for everyone who deserves it!!!
edit on 12-9-2013 by ItDepends because: added edit

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

GuidedKill
reply to post by GaryN

What about the MOX fuel rods stored in #3? I have read that they are a new type of fuel rod being used and are believed to be ten times worse than a "regular" Plutonium rod. Do you think this is true or not? I know for a fact most countries with nuclear plants do not run these type of rods. To be honest I have no idea so really just a question to anyone that knows not fear mongering.

Wiki

Exactly! and no one is trying to fear monger....just ask sensible questions such as yours. I've read what have stated about MOX fuel rods in #3 as well, and have read that they are more susceptable to failing then a Plutonium rod as well. I do not know. But I am glad you brought that point up. Thank you

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

autopat51
reply to post by GaryN

the main stream media..says nothing. they avoid this issue like the plague.
i see you are from Canada..you tube is full of your fellow Canadians geigering
rain water..and the results ARE alarming! Arnie Gunderson (whom i respect as an authority)
has been reporting on this since the beginning does not hold a lot of hope for this situation.
he just recently stated that the chance of fuel rod extraction happening successfully was grim at best.
anyone who can sit behind a keyboard and say everything is fine..is surely out of touch.

Unfortunately autopat51, some people would rather want to be 'right' than to accept the truth of what you have written. Indeed Northwest Canada is being affected, but the rain and 'downwind' link I offered earlier shows how the rain is moving West to East.....dropping radioactive contaminates (rain particles) across the mid-section of Canada.

Look, this should not be a finger pointing contest....YOU certainly are not, and I 'm sure Gary doesn't mean too as well. BUT the time has come to really look into this....your statement about MSM is so true. Sea life is being affected. I've already, and so have others posted bizarre stories (factual reports) of sea life washing up and down the Western coast of North America. The numbers are beyond ho-hum....something is terribly wrong here.

Not screaming FEAR....just asking...trying to find out...wth is going on??? Thank you very much!! Peace!!
edit on 12-9-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

as i have stated many times..everyone needs to be aware!
there is much to fear..much..but fear is something that must be handled on a personal level.
there are things happening to the ocean that the sea life obviously cant cope with.
it is blowing in the wind and coming down in the rain..these are all facts.
i read the other day that Alaska's salmon run was down by 80%..80%!
this is a run amok problem that noone has answers to.
to say nothing is happening..in my view..is hiding from the truth.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

What about the MOX fuel rods stored in #3?

The fuel rods won't fall apart, they have been known to crack if they get too hot from lack of cooling. MOX is more energetic, it has uranium and plutonium, but it can be used in reactor cores that usually just run uranium as long as they make the propper changes to their proceedures. If the fuel rods were to fall apart, it is still no big deal, messy to clean up, so precautions are required. But then if you don't take precautions with your woodstove you can also have a serious situation, and get some nasty, even lethal radiation burns. Yes it's infra-red radiation, but damn, it still hurts like hell!

Spent fuel rods can catch fire if they loose cooling, but it depends on how old they are. Fresh ones might ignite in a few days, older ones perhaps not at all. If they caught fire they could be worse than a reactor melt down as there is no containment building, but there should be lots of time to get water onto them, they don't just instantly catch fire if the water level is too low.
And on spent fuel pools:

What if I took a swim in a typical spent nuclear fuel pool?
what-if.xkcd.com...

@autopat51

Arnie Gunderson (whom i respect as an authority)

He has very little experience with reactors. He does have BS and MS in Nuclear Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, but his actual experience?

From Dr. John H. Bickel

I got my MS and PhD at RPI a few years after Gundersen was there. RPI’s reactor was donated by the American Locomotive Co and was originally to be used for developing a nuclear train locomotive. It was reconfigured to use as a training reactor that could generate 200 Watts of power — or two big light bulbs worth. It had two means of shutting down: the control Rods with fuel followers could be dropped (removing fuel from the center of the core) and inserting poison. The backup means of shutting the reactor down was to dump the moderator to a holding tank. Yes! Core uncovery was the back up shutdown mechanism.
Comparing the RPI training reactor certification to an SRO license in a power reactor is ridiculous!
There was no training on ESF systems, reactivity controls, chemistry, decay heat removal, feed water/condensate systems, the turbine and condenser etc.
For him to be parading himself around as an SRO is absurd and he needs to be called down for that.

Read the full post at:
atomicinsights.com...

He ran a reactor with a 200 watt output! He definitely is paid by the carbon fuel lobby.

.you tube is full of your fellow Canadians geigering rain water..and the results ARE alarming!

Alarming if you are an alarmist. If you understand those readings, they are harmless. You could get more radiation (gamma ray) from vitamin B12 pills.

I'm surely hoping the price of fish comes down, which it should if people stop eating it. The Mercury is more of a worry than radiation to me, so I tend to not eat too much Albacore tuna. The increase in ocean mercury levels is probably from coal fired power stations.

@ItDepends

Fair enough and I appreciate your civil dialogue.

Likewise!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Outrage would be properly directed toward anyone who can now stop this disaster and yet does not. Anger at those who could have prevented it and did not is understandable but is of no benefit to the current situation. Outrage against no one who knows how to stop it now is completely illogical. Energy is now better directed to forming a coalition of those who might just have some reasonable solutions.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Spent fuel rods can catch fire if they loose cooling, but it depends on how old they are. Fresh ones might ignite in a few days, older ones perhaps not at all. If they caught fire they could be worse than a reactor melt down as there is no containment building, but there should be lots of time to get water onto them, they don't just instantly catch fire if the water level is too low.
And on spent fuel pools:

I guess this is what I was hearing. If the MOX rods ignite it would truly be catastrophic. It does seem that the area is one small accident away from being to hot for anyone or anything to work in. Lets hope they don't screw up anything else and are forced to abandon the site completely. I mean how long could they keep water on the exposed rods when no one can get in to keep pumping water.

edit on 13-9-2013 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
If you ever seen the movie "idiocracy" you know what's happening here. Pour some Gatoraid, it's what Fukashima craves.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Detergent
Outrage would be properly directed toward anyone who can now stop this disaster and yet does not. Anger at those who could have prevented it and did not is understandable but is of no benefit to the current situation. Outrage against no one who knows how to stop it now is completely illogical. Energy is now better directed to forming a coalition of those who might just have some reasonable solutions.

Yes! I understand what you are saying. However....I am simply at a lack of further discription of this catastrophe that is and will continue to effect the WW eco-system of the planet.

Agreed, the solution, the 'energy' should be directed to forming a group of competent experts, experts WW, to have solutions. Reasonable: Means Fix the Problem!!

I have no doubt that soon, this thread will come to a natural conclusion....lack of interest, apathy, and some 'other' distraction. What a shame....this really needs significant, international involvement and as on earlier poster noted.....the U.N. is eerily silent on this issue.

I just am without further words. When tornado's, hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, volcanoes, tsunamies, and other natural calamities hit, there often seems to be an immediate WW response to want to help. We've seen this in the last decade alone....

But here we are....a disaster, caused by a natural calamity that has only gotten worse....and where is the world??? I dunno, Is Japan trying to just save face, 'we can handle this ourselves', afraid to show or the humbleness needed to 'ask' for help? That is the diabolical question...why is there NO int'l reaction?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

horselessheadsman
If you ever seen the movie "idiocracy" you know what's happening here. Pour some Gatoraid, it's what Fukashima craves.

I'll check it out. Thanks!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

ItDepends

horselessheadsman

Oh you really do need to if you haven't seen it. Literally modern America.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

horselessheadsman

ItDepends

horselessheadsman

Oh you really do need to if you haven't seen it. Literally modern America.

This is a good teaser

That was pretty funny...but provocative
I'll have to check out this longer version by the creator of the link

I share these links on the subject matter you have spoken of......appears to be some well needed levity (break from some of the seriousness within this thread...but also some legitimate questions therein).

Thanks for bringing it to my/our attention!!! Peace!!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I really do appreciate you posting this. I don't know why but even though this matter SOO much to me, I can't bring myself to put my thoughts that deeply in front of others. I fear the criticism.

The BP oil spill was the worst thing I've ever seen in my life as far as how fast something so quickly. I still fear the BP oil spill but this?!?! So a whole bunch of radioactive / toxic waste is just pouring into the ocean and the world doesn't seem to care that much? I think it's because of what happened to BP. PR hit BP so bad and the whole world seemed to react.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Why does this have to be a Japan Crisis when this is still clearly a world crisis? Shouldn't all countries affected be chipping in to help with the repair of the plant? Surely if North America cared enough to send in experts to stop the leak this would happen. It is as if the Elite want everyone to die off through radiation poisoning? It makes me mad how the Japanese government has been lying through its teeth to preserve their ego.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You wrote "Tepco is incompetent' but is it really so?
Do you ever read Nuclear Friendly Sites and Blogs about the situation
in Japan and what they think about it?

Another question is why you do not make a difference between the Headmen
of Tepco and their Workers & Contractors?

Do you have even the slightest idea about the working Condition in Daiichi?
Why do they should risk their Life for no benefit at all?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Skywatcher2011
Why does this have to be a Japan Crisis when this is still clearly a world crisis? Shouldn't all countries affected be chipping in to help with the repair of the plant? Surely if North America cared enough to send in experts to stop the leak this would happen. It is as if the Elite want everyone to die off through radiation poisoning? It makes me mad how the Japanese government has been lying through its teeth to preserve their ego.

US Advise:

Irradiated water at Tokyo Electric Power Co. (9501)’s Fukushima plant will probably have to be dumped into the ocean after contamination is brought to safe levels, an adviser to the company’s water management task force said. The ocean release will be necessary because water can’t be stored in tanks indefinitely at the Dai-Ichi station after being used to cool the plant’s overheating reactor fuel, Lake Barrett, a former official with the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, wrote in a Sept. 9 opinion piece posted on the website of the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists.

The article by Barrett, who’ll be advising the utility known as Tepco on water management at the site, could offer clues to its strategy for handling the 338,000 metric tons of contaminated water stored in more than 1,000 tanks at the plant. That amount is increasing by about 400 tons a day.

“Spending billions and billions of yen on building tanks to try to capture almost every drop of water on the site is unsustainable, wasteful, and counterproductive,” Barrett wrote.

“I see no realistic alternative to a program that cleans up water with improved processing systems so it meets very protective Japanese release standards and then, after public discussion, conducts an independently confirmed, controlled release to the sea.”

Source

The Japanese Regulation is very tough and more straight than the US American!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

i'm unsure who lies more, tepco, the japanese govt.

hows this story sitting with you human?

TEPCO Official Admits Fukushima "Out Of Control"

A month ago, when we quoted an independent expert that "TEPCO has lost control of Fukushima" many took offense, despite all signs to the contrary. Perhaps the skeptics will reevaluate their position following today's news reported by AFP, which cited Kazuhiko Yama#a, who holds the executive-level title of "fellow" at Tokyo Electric Power, who finally admitted what those not mired in prejudice about the state of nuclear energy refuse to accept, that the nuclear plant was "not under control." This promptly led to the government, which last weekend learned it would host the 2020 Olympics and promised that Fukushima would not be a concern by then, to scramble and "reassure people on Friday that they have a lid on Fukushima." Unfortunately, the lies, like the radiation in the plant, are now finally seeping through and more are becoming fully aware of just how serious the catastrophe truly is, and drove yet another steak through the heart of the official narrative by Prime Minister Abe as they "flatly contradict" his assurances

out of control

sad as the news is, i guess it makes spotting the shills much easier eh. i guess they were and are lying like the scum bags the always knew they were.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join