It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Darrell Issa (D-CA) changes his mind, wants to DEFEND NSA with Justin Amash!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The Justin Amash amendment, which was written to massively DEFUND the NSA was defeated by only TWELVE (12) votes. Darrel Issa, a KEY Republican and also CHAIRMAN of the House Oversight Committee, who initially voted AGAINST it has changed his tune and asked for the Amash amendment to be brought back for house floor deliberation.

If you aren't familiar with the Amash (DEFUND NSA) Amendment, read about it here:
www.politico.com...

“Now that the House is back in session,” the letter reads, “I respectfully request that you move legislation to the floor, including language of the Amash Amendment that was narrowly defeated on July 26, 2013, during debate on the Department of Defense Appropriations Act, as quickly as possible.”
Issa, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, had previously sided against Amash’s amendment in a 217-205 vote. The close outcome led civil liberties advocates to claim that major changes on surveillance were afoot in Washington.
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) must now decide whether to bring Amash’s amendment back to the floor. If he refuses, expect the pressure to grow.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I think you mean 'defund', not 'defend'. It is fixed in the article copy but not the title.

He had his chance, I'm not buying what he's selling.
edit on 11-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

greencmp

I think you mean 'defund', not 'defend'. It is fixed in the article copy but not the title.

He had his chance, I'm not buying what he's selling.
edit on 11-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry, I just noticed that now too, how misleading of me...haha.

Well, I'm glad he changed his mind, I think the entire house of reps didn't think Amash would only lose by 12 votes, if this amendment was given another chance, I think he could pull it off.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Maybe, I think he is just doing it because the country is starting to get fed up (no pun intended).

If it is just a political maneuver, I am not impressed. What new information other than that could be the impetous for such a change of heart in the 11th hour?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

FYI he is not an (D-CA) he is a republican...and a BSer through and through...which isn't necessarily related to party affiliation.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Indigo5

FYI he is not an (D-CA) he is a republican...and a BSer through and through...which isn't necessarily related to party affiliation.

My bad, I actually knew that...but my title was full of typos. Thanks for the correction.

To be honest, I welcome CHANGE and CHANGING of minds in D.C. Ultimately, congressmen must represent their constituents because they face re-election every 2 years. Senators, not as much because of their 6 year shelf-life.

When we are short 12 votes from defunding the NSA, we NEED people like Darrell Issa to turn around and support this bill. Just because a rep or senator is full of Sh....doesn't mean they shouldn't desire to change their vote when the wind is blowing the other way, that is the purpose of us writing and calling our reps...to change their mind or affirm their votes.

new topics

top topics

join