Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Soul's Desire

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
All through the day we go about restlessly, and for what?

What greater fulfillment is there than to reach for the desire of our souls?

Shall I speak of the goal? I would be foolish and sound foolish to do so because words cannot describe what cannot be held by the thought.

Only the soul remembers from where it comes.

In the depths of your heart there is a longing, pick up on the golden trail.

But remember that in doing so, all must be left behind. Do not try to speculate, do not try to understand, and if you do, do not, but drop it for the beautiful blind reach of love.

Only love can move one towards the goal, only love is not blind.

Love with the soul, being led towards the goal.

Do not forget, that he who puts his hand to the plowshare must not look back. Journey where you do not know, by means of which you do not know.

This is the impulse of the soul.

Peace to all.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Dear backcase,

May I call you Brother?

Not success, nor world domination, nor engaging in heated arguments, nor fame, nor admiration, nor survival, nor even happiness is our goal, but love and its source.

Love is eternal, why strive for a goal that does not last? Nothing in this world will, all will eventually be reduced to dust, say the physicists. All, that is, except love.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

. . . all must be left behind.

I think kind of the opposite, that the universe was created for a reason, which is somewhere to live our lives.
Living our lives is the fulfillment of our purpose for being here.
I think you may have gotten caught up in this idea of sacrifice, as if that is being "holy".
We should be "whole" persons, being involved in our lives and enjoying the things that a full life gives.
"Denying ourselves" is denying God's plan for us.(in my opinion)
edit on 12-9-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Yes, all is better left forgotten until the Source is found. Then the Source is found in everything, but at that point I imagine the Source is all that is sought.

But then again, my imagination will only lead me away from the truth.

So let's put everything down brother, for we have no business in speculating where words and thought cannot reach. Let us reach with our souls through the darkness, by love.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

In the case that you have not yet caught on, I speak of the contemplative life. I am a very contemplative and my words come from deep contemplation.

I do not want everything, I want God, and that is what my soul speaks. To get to God I must make my way through the darkness with love as my light.

'But the Lord answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.'

There is the active life and the contemplative. Only God is necessary for me.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

There is the active life and the contemplative. Only God is necessary for me.
Are you talking about something that you can be taught, and to do things like go to workshops to hone the skill?

I would propose that all you are playing with is a survival mode that people naturally have for situations like being imprisoned and placed in solitary confinement.

So while you imagine that you are spending "quality time" with God, in reality you are just looking within your own soul.

Mary was listening to actual words being spoken, with rational thoughts on how to live a practical life, while she was sitting at Jesus' feet, not just sitting there feeling fuzzy.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

"Are you talking about something that you can be taught, and to do things like go to workshops to hone the skill? "

I am talking about getting closer to God.

"I would propose that all you are playing with is a survival mode that people naturally have for situations like being imprisoned and placed in solitary confinement.

So while you imagine that you are spending "quality time" with God, in reality you are just looking within your own soul. "

I would have to disagree. It is the impulse of the soul and a throb of love which seeks God. Notice I say 'impulse of the soul'. It is important that that thought itself is complicated. One cannot reach God by imagination or intelligence, rather those faculties are useless when it comes to this. Love is needed because God cannot be known, only loved.

This is the soul's desire: to love God.

" Mary was listening to actual words being spoken, with rational thoughts on how to live a practical life, while she was sitting at Jesus' feet, not just sitting there feeling fuzzy."

She was sitting there listening to God. The contemplative life is the same. perhaps if I go back further you'll see it:

'She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”

But the Lord answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.'

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Forgive me for not being tech savvy. My quotes are as such because I do not have very good computer skills.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

In the case that you have not yet caught on, I speak of the contemplative life. I am a very contemplative and my words come from deep contemplation.

Your new avatar seems very appropriate for this thread.

But did you know that the avatar that you choose is the 9th card of the Tarot deck?

being introspective
thinking things over
focusing inward
concentrating less on the senses
quieting yourself
looking for answers within
needing to understand

searching
seeking greater understanding
looking for something
wanting the truth at all costs
going on a personal quest
needing more
desiring a new direction

receiving/giving guidance
going to/being a mentor
accepting/offering wise counsel
learning from/being a guru
turning to/being a trusted teacher
being helped/helping

seeking solitude
needing to be alone
desiring stillness
withdrawing from the world
experiencing seclusion
giving up distractions
retreating into a private world

www.learntarot.com...

Your avatar has truly embodied, and is appropriate for the message of this thread, "The Soul's Desire", and your place in your journey, right now.

edit on 12-9-2013 by windword because: Linky

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

My quotes are as such because . . .

I use a program called QuickTextPaste to paste in the quote commands (the brackets with "quote" or "/quote" inside) into the text of my replies.
You can do the slower way, which is to make a text file that you leave open that has the commands that you can copy off of, then paste it into your reply.
Make it look like this.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

To sum it up...

"Do what thou wilt", "Love under will", do whatever you want first and foremost and only consider the morality if it is "unloving" by harming anyone else.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

To be truly honest I do not understand what you mean. When you use the quote 'do what thou wilt', I fail to see its relevance.

I mean only to look in the face of the creature made up of our thoughts and desires, then discard it and cry out in the darkness like a baby who's only desire is for its mother. That is the true desire of the soul: God. The impulse of love for the Creator of the creature we call soul is like a blind reach through the darkness we create by ourselves.

But I could be rambling.

Thank you for your post though, I do consider your words carefully.

Peace

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

LOL I did know it was from the tarot deck, but I feel the image describes me. I do not practice magic or the tarot or anything like it.

I like how the man is old and isolated because I feel that time in solitude is time well spent. I like how he holds the lamp with a light that is the star of david, or what some would call the light of soul, out for all to see. I like how he closes his eyes and stands like a pillar.

Humility is inside itself.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You don't have practice witchcraft or magic to appreciate the Tarot. Each picture, theoretically, represents a natural position throughout anyone's personal journey through life. The Tarot is based on the Kabbalah, which is based on the Torah.

It is said that the Tarot was created as a picture book and contrived to hide its teachings in a (card) game, in order to preserve the secret teachings from being destroyed by the likes of those who burned the Library of Alexandria.

edit on 12-9-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

For some reason I have the idea that the Tarot originated in Egypt. They were well known for magic practices and things.

Every time I hear about the tarot it has something to do with magic or scamming someone.

As for the picture, pray for me, that I do not sink down into the vast ocean of contemplation. Pray that I may be cleansed by the water, rather than drowned by my past and my stubbornness. Pray for me, that I may stay humble and never go off again in past ways.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Leave it to the THERAPEUTAE to find a way to preserve their knowledge and trick Egyptian gypsies into spreading the secret "Word".

LINK

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

backcase

Love is needed because God cannot be known, only loved.

If God can not be known then why does the word say seek and I shall be found be still and know that I am God? The OT is full of people who knew God on a personal level.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

"If God can not be known then why does the word say seek and I shall be found be still and know that I am God? The OT is full of people who knew God on a personal level. "

These things are different than what it means to 'know' God. When I say such, I mean that no one can entirely understand who God is, what he is, empathize God, or know what God knows. We can only love God, and we can understand what he allows us to understand.

top topics

join