It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spammer arrested.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
In a move which is sure to please all internet users a New York man has been arrested for spamming. The man is alleged to have sent 825million unsolicited emails. There is no law against this but as he used different peoples identities the authorities were able to act under fraud and stolen identity charges. He faces upto 7 years in jail.

www.oaklandtribune.com...

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Execute him.

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
torture :p lol

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I still don't understand how they make money from this. Whenever I get these emails, I just subscribe the sender to a "Adult" mailing list. It's quite enjoyable, really. (No, not the list, the act of signing them up for it.)

Once I actually did get an email from a spammer asking me for the password to the list I subscribed him to. I got tired of him asking, so I subscribed him to another.

At least this one got what he deserved. I say we finish his punishment by hanging him by his "Manhood" and then allowing people to beat him with baseball bats like a giant flesh covered pinata.

Just my two cents.

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Whoa, slow down, Necro. His death is like a very good beer, you don't guzzle it down all at once, you make it slow and entertaining. And entertaining it should be, shown on the television as well as the internet.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   
He should be made to be somebody's biiiaaattchh in prison!!

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I say make him read every single piece of spam mail he sent out, and force him to click on every single link and go through EVERY single pop up from visiting such sites as he was advertising!

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Excellent, we live in hope!

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 05:11 AM
link   
His fate? To be force-fed p*nis-enlarger until he explodes.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I've since gotten it back, but I say...

DEATH TO SPAMMERS!!!

Cake or Death! (and we're all out of cake)

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Estragon, imaginative idea to say the least

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It would be rude not to, cassini!
I must say Kai-Raega's little wheeze struck me as a master-stroke!

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
there isnt a law against sending spam right now, but they trying to put one through are Parliment. (UK)

but its not an easy thing to do, so they was saying on the news last week!

blackwidow

PS: prison's to good for him

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Feed it a diet consisting solely of spam (meat of bytes, your choice)

OR

Give him an electric shock every time a spam is sent

OR

Let everyone who recieved spam from him get to take one souvenir from his body, until he dies

OR

Make him watch the entire Land Before Time Series

XAOS

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Feed it a diet consisting solely of spam (meat of bytes, your choice)

xaos, you`ve cracked it!! forget anything but the meat. 25 cans of spam would soon have anyone singing

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   

LMAO!!! :

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I wonder what would explode first? erhum...

XAOS

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
In the last two years, more than 200,000 computers worldwide have been hijacked without the owners' knowledge and are currently being used to forward spam, according to AOL and other Internet service providers. And each day thousands of additional PC's are compromised at companies, institutions and � most commonly of all � homes with high-speed Internet connections shared by two or more computers.

"The spammers have mutated their techniques," said Ronald F. Guilmette, a computer consultant in Roseville, Calif., who has developed a list of computers that are forwarding spam. "Today, if you are trying to do a really mass spamming, it is de rigueur to do it in an underhanded manner."

Just last Thursday, 17 law enforcement agencies and the Federal Trade Commission issued a public warning about some of the ways spammers now commandeer computers to evade detection. The officials translated the warning into 11 languages because many of the exploited computers are known to be in China, South Korea, Japan and other countries with heavy Internet use.

Mostly, the spammers are exploiting security holes in existing software, but increasingly they are covertly installing e-mail forwarding software, much like a computer virus. For some, hacking is no longer about pranks, but making a profit.

In the last six months, an increasingly common trick has been for spammers to attach rogue e-mail-forwarding software to other e-mail messages or hide it in files that are meant to emulate songs on music sharing sites like KaZaA.

As with all such hacker contraptions, and much spam, it is difficult to figure out who is behind these programs. But there is some evidence that one of the major spam-sending programs, known as Jeem, originated in Russia, which has been a fertile ground for both spammers and hackers.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think every time a member of his family sends him a letter in prison the staff should hand him a sack of 5,000 junk mail envelopes and make him sort through it and find the real letter from the sack. That's basically what he did to the rest of us.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join