It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source of data Secretary Kerry quoted for Syria case, fired for lying.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SexNinja

That's odd SexyNinja because I thought the UN inspectors were just there to confirm whether or not chemical weapons were indeed used.

I found this interesting

Addressing the opening of the 24th session of the Human Rights Council in Geneva, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay said the international community “is late, very late to take serious joint action to halt the downward spiral that has gripped Syria” where more than 100,000 people have been killed, 4 million displaced within its borders and another 2 million in the region.

She noted that the use of chemical weapons has long been identified as one of the gravest crime that can be committed, “yet their use in Syria seems now to be in little doubt, even if all the circumstances and responsibilities remain to be clarified.”

UN.ORG

See the contrast between MSM and information coming from the UN?? Seems still some doubt exists

ETA Here is another source with a differing perspective. Its credibility aside, its an interesting perspective:

UN human rights investigators have in their latest report on the Syria conflict accused both sides of committing war crimes.

The report accused Syrian government troops of massacaring civilians, bombing hospitals and committing other war crimes in their bid to recapture territory from rebel hands in recent months.

Opposition forces, including foreign fighters, have committed war crimes including executions, hostage-taking and shelling civilian neighbourhoods, the report added.

On chemical weapons, the independent experts said they had received allegations about their use "predominantly by government forces."

"On the evidence currently available, it was not possible to reach a finding about the chemical agents used, their delivery systems or the perpetrators. Investigations are ongoing," the report said.

Source
edit on 11-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

She also sounds like a big fat shill for the U.S./Saudi/Qatar support of the 'rebels'.

Ms. O'Bagy is a senior analyst at the Institute for the Study of War.

Clarification
In addition to her role at the Institute for the Study of War, Ms. O'Bagy is affiliated with the Syrian Emergency Task Force, a nonprofit operating as a 501(c)(3) pending IRS approval that subcontracts with the U.S. and British governments to provide aid to the Syrian opposition.

Elizabeth O'Bagy: On the Front Lines of Syria's Civil War

OOOoooopps !!!

I think her 'PhD' stands amended;

Phony
hypocritical
Doctor

And more shocking shill news;

The Syrian Emergency Task Force, the pro-rebel lobbying outfit that employs widely quoted intervention advocate Elizabeth O’Bagy as its political director, receives funding from the U.S. Department of State and related government contractors.

Who funds Syrian rebel advocate O’Bagy and the Syrian Emergency Task Force? You do

At least her name is appropriate !! She *IS* a bag lady

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Why isn't Kerry resigning in disgrace?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs
[more

SexNinja

khimbar

SexNinja
First Assad denied having chemical weapons. Chemical weapons were used. Then he denied using them. Now he has chemical weapons after they have been used, and is willing to hand them over.

Where has Assad denied having chemical weapons?

Here's one instance: www.dailymail.co.uk...

'Bashar Assad's Foreign Ministry flatly denied the American charges. "Of course Syria has no chemical weapons. They (Americans) have been talking for years about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. But so far, the presence of these weapons has not been confirmed," said ministry spokeswoman Bouthayna Shaaban.

Sure ill get nothin but hate for pointing this out.

"We expect cooperation, and I'm hopeful we'll receive cooperation," he said. Bush stopped short of threatening Syria with military action but added: "People have got to know that we are serious about stopping the spread of weapons of mass destruction."

SexyNinja is perfectly acceptable and somewhat accurate.

Seriously Bush called this already!

Assad has being denying having chem weapons. Chem weapons get used. He denies involvement. After they have already been used he is willing to hand them over!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

SexNinja
reply to post by MDDoxs
[more

SexNinja

khimbar

SexNinja
First Assad denied having chemical weapons. Chemical weapons were used. Then he denied using them. Now he has chemical weapons after they have been used, and is willing to hand them over.

Where has Assad denied having chemical weapons?

Here's one instance: www.dailymail.co.uk...

'Bashar Assad's Foreign Ministry flatly denied the American charges. "Of course Syria has no chemical weapons. They (Americans) have been talking for years about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. But so far, the presence of these weapons has not been confirmed," said ministry spokeswoman Bouthayna Shaaban.

Sure ill get nothin but hate for pointing this out.

"We expect cooperation, and I'm hopeful we'll receive cooperation," he said. Bush stopped short of threatening Syria with military action but added: "People have got to know that we are serious about stopping the spread of weapons of mass destruction."

SexyNinja is perfectly acceptable and somewhat accurate.

Seriously Bush called this already!

Assad has being denying having chem weapons. Chem weapons get used. He denies involvement. After they have already been used he is willing to hand them over!

Talking in the third person now, or Intending to agree with your own post from another account?

You have been found out sir/ma'am

Ironic that you could be a fraud just like the author of Kerry's source .

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
4Text Red If only would could Fire a president or member of Congress for being someone other then who they say they are, or for not having certain Credentials that prove certain aspects of their Lives. Unfortunate for our country that its citizens are easily distracted with Much less Important Issues...

edit on 11-9-2013 by NotSoAnonymous because: Left out grammar in sentence

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Good thing the thread title singularly hangs Kerry out-to-dry for citing this information. God knows no one else ALSO cited the misinformation or surely someone over two pages of posts would have pointed that out... denying ignorance and all that...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
She had her PHD at 26?

She's an authority on anything?

Patterns repeat - remember Judith Miller?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I, nor wrabbit, nor anyone else on ATS was the one that took that information/source to congress. You would think the secretary of state would research his sources a little better. You may believe differently.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I have joined yesterday I don't know.

The U.N. is a joke.
Ban Ki-moon, the secretary general of the United Nations, said Wednesday that the organization was responsible for a “collective failure” to halt more than two years of atrocious violence in Syria
mobile.nytimes.com... QBw&q=syria&oq=&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.1.41l3.9355.9355.0.12150.1.0.0.1.1.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..26.mobile-gws-serp..0.1.23.DENX_qCQ144&

What if Bush was right all along?
Here comes the replies loaded with hate stars.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS! My apologies, i dont mean to sound like i am attacking you.

The UN is far from perfect and they do tend to get bogged down on the issues, thanks in part to the repetitive cycle of veto's from the permanent members.

The whole thing is a farce. The US and the west should just stay the heck out of Syria.

FYI - I believe it goes against T/C to have multiple accounts.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Well of COURSE the U.N. is FumbleFutzing in Syria !!

That's the whole plan.

Isn't it ?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

The whole do nothing attitude is a soloution? All we have to do is ignore the fact that a mass murdering dictator is slaughtering his own people with his military. Because crusaders for peace like China Russia and Iran pump out more propaganda bullmalrkey in their own interests, than the world has ever seen. How will history judge us for that?

I only have this account. I have no idea why you would say that.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

What I believe is that is the article being cited identifies McCain and Kerry for having used the same tainted source that the title would be as unbiased as the source article. Kinda like this ATSer did:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's all. My political position is well documented on ATS. Not defending anyone. Just trying to make sure we make at least a feint attempt at fairness.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
When the best laid plans go south, someone has to be the fall guy.
edit on 11-9-2013 by Trubeeleever because: Grammatical error.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Remind me what the US did in helping the Rwandan people? Oh right...I forgot.

edit on 11-9-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

superman2012

Guess you forgot about this. Where Bush has saved 10's of millions of lives in Africa.

"They may not be George Bush's natural constituency but Rwanda's prostitutes have good things to say about him. So do poor South Africans abandoned by their quixotic government, and doctors across Africa who otherwise regard the American president as a walking crime against humanity"

Thanks for playing.
www.theguardian.com...

edit on 11-9-2013 by SexNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

You are entirely correct that Kerry wasn't the only one. McCain was his partner in crime, so to speak. At least on this one.

Now I tend to focus on Kerry, because however senior or however big McCain thinks he is in his own mind? He has no place or authority to set policy. Kerry? He sets new policy every time he speaks, for the executive position he holds as Secretary of the State Department and essentially, all U.S. Diplomacy at the pleasure of the President.

So, Kerry gets my attention....with McCain really playing a bit role. However much it would burn him up to hear himself described that way. He lost his race for the White House (He seems to have missed that at times) and is just one man among 500+, just like him. Nothing special....aside from that seniority. Which, with $5, might get him a cup at Starbucks. lol...

@ Thread

I realize there is some issue about the degree which this reporter lied. Well, Graduate or not, close or not, it doesn't make any difference....as her firing shows. The real world is 100% absolutely unforgiving about liars. Politics and Washington aside...as they are an exception, living in deception. (Hey, that rhymes!).

She said she was a PhD, she wasn't, and that ended her career by the sound of it. See how much luck she has with another media outlet as 'The Reporter who led John Kerry astray'. (I KNOW she didn't.. HE led himself astray...but life is cruel about how things are remembered.)

Having said that, this really is about Kerry choosing a Media source, and an opinion piece at that for me...First. Then we get to what was discovered about the woman, thanks to Kerry highlighting her for the world. McCain doesn't have the juice to put someone on front pages by a casual reference, how this lady was a day or so ago. It takes a Cabinet Secretary for that...and wow, he did a number on her, it seems.

I honestly DO feel for her, given all the circumstances. She lied..and that's wrong. I can't help but think if it hadn't come out THIS way, it may have been worked with internally as WSJ...not as public a firing as the original citation. Terrible thing to see happen, in that way. Kerry probably doesn't even give a second thought to what he did to her. I hope she didn't have kids to support.

Meanwhile.... Has anyone caught Kerry even comment directly to what he said and how he presented this whole thing? I've been in classes..so would have missed it?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

SexNinja

superman2012

Guess you forgot about this. Where Bush has saved 10's of millions of lives in Africa.

"They may not be George Bush's natural constituency but Rwanda's prostitutes have good things to say about him. So do poor South Africans abandoned by their quixotic government, and doctors across Africa who otherwise regard the American president as a walking crime against humanity"

Thanks for playing.
www.theguardian.com...

First of all, saving millions of lives and EXTENDING millions of lives aren't the same...if English isn't your first language you are excused.
Second, I was talking about this. Just a tad bit earlier then your article from 2008, if you know your history (hint: it was Clinton, not Bush genius).
Third, I wasn't playing your game, I was teaching you something.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

superman2012

SexNinja

superman2012

Thanks for playing.
www.theguardian.com...

First of all, saving millions of lives and EXTENDING millions of lives aren't the same...if English isn't your first language you are excused.
Second, I was talking about this. Just a tad bit earlier then your article from 2008, if you know your history (hint: it was Clinton, not Bush genius).
Third, I wasn't playing your game, I was teaching you something.

superman2012

You asked what America has done to help Rwanda people... And answered tour own question with a lie.
Maybe your grasp of the English language, common sense or possibly not having a soul is what's lacking.

Think Clinton what are you talking about?
"The President's Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief (PEPFAR/Emergency Plan) was a commitment of $15 billion over five years (2003–2008) from United States President George W. Bush to fight the global HIV/AIDS pandemic."
The unclassified publication,The Next Wave of HIV/AIDS: Nigeria, Ethiopia, Russia, India, and China [10]

by the National Intelligence Council had been commissioned by the Bush White House in 2002 and was influential in the founding of PEPFAR
Extending lives not saving them? What??

"PEPFAR has been called the largest health initiative ever initiated by one country to address a disease. The but prented by President Bush for the fiscal year 2008 included a request for $5.4 billion for PEPFAR. "
"The massive funding increases have made anti-retrovirals widely available, saving millions of lives"

"The U.S. is the first and largest donor to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tubercuosis, and Malaria.To date, the U.S. has provided more than $7 billion to the fund."
Don't just "deny ignorance" DENY EVERYTHING. Who cares ??
en.m.wikipedia.org...'s_Emergency_Plan_for_AIDS_Relief

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join