It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delhi gang-rape: quantum of punishment order for guilty reserved for Sept 13

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

The arguments on the sentence have ended. Now the sentence will be announced on Friday at 2.30pm.The four-Mukesh Singh, Akshay Thakur, Pawan Gupta and Vinay Sharma—were declared guilty by the court on Tuesday of raping and murdering the 23-year-old physiotherapy intern on the basis of her dying declaration, forensic evidence, DNA samples, electronic evidence and the testimony of her friend and prime eye witness to the gory incident.On Wednesday, public prosecutor Dayan Krishnan strongly presented the demand for death penalty before the court. He prayed before the court ‘show no mercy for merciless convicts’. It was a premeditated crime, which fell in "the rarest of the rare category", warranting "the death sentence, he argued.

Delhi gang-rape: quantum of punishment order for guilty reserved for Sept 13

If you wanna rape girls come to India, our constitution is welcoming you.No age limit, even 17 year old can rape and get 3 years jail then again you can rape.I am totally disappointed by the way of government on reacting on this case.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by HiddenSecrets

I've heard of the various rapes in India, especially the little children and it's all truly horrendous. I have to wonder about the cultural norms that allow women to be burned alive because of dowry too. The women march and demonstrate, but what good will it do until people really wake up and bring about change?

I live in Canada and went to the ER where a doctor from India 'treated' me. He displayed an attitude of contempt for me and insulted me rather than treating me with respect. This is the first time I experienced anything like that in the medical system and the experience left me quite shaken.

join