It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take Time Today Show Respect.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

yeah keep telling yourself that all died in Iraq was terrorist, only way you can probably sleep.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Nyiah
Revisiting this year after year in such a public manner like it's a holy event is the wrong thing to do.

I agree, it is why I do not use the "9/11" term and refer to it as the Twin Towers terrorist incident instead.
It has become an almost holy date to some people but if you were not directly affected then the whole event is no more important than any other terrible loss of life in history, including the hundreds of thousands since 2001.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

luciddream

yeah keep telling yourself that all died in Iraq was terrorist, only way you can probably sleep.

No, no, you are missing my point. I support PEACE and do not have anything but sorrow for all of those who have died in Iraq and elsewhere....after serving and seeing the hell of war....I just find it is horrible. However, acts of terror need a response. I am not in favor of WAR. I'd prefer peace and negotiations to resolve issues! BUT when you are attacked by a coward wearing a black mask......what is the answer???

edit on 11-9-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Nyiah
Remembering on your own time is perfectly acceptable, but I agree in that we need to move on. Revisiting this year after year in such a public manner like it's a holy event is the wrong thing to do. I really feel that by doing so, the terrorists win again. And again. And again. Year after year. It reinforces that they inflicted something on us that we are incapable of getting over/letting go of, and they hold power over Americans emotionally because of it. No, that's not acceptable. We're 12 years out, folks. In 12 years, we've become a very bitter, hateful, paranoid, intolerant country. I'd say they've certainly won, & continue to win. They changed us socially and it definitely wasn't for the better. The only people that have the power to undo that is us, and we can't do it if we're clinging to the sorest memories.

Well I'm sorry, but I think we need to remember. I was in Manhattan that morning on my way to work. Not near the towers....but I saw what happened. Maybe some just want to forget, but I never will, and as a Nation...I hope we NEVER will. I believe in PEACE. But what happened on 09/11/2001 and the affect on the families and friends of all of those victims....the pain still burns. Everyone handles it differently. I respect your thoughts, but please understand that many still suffer and we MUST NEVER FORGET!! Peace!!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

grainofsand

I agree, it is why I do not use the "9/11" term and refer to it as the Twin Towers terrorist incident instead.
It has become an almost holy date to some people but if you were not directly affected then the whole event is no more important than any other terrible loss of life in history, including the hundreds of thousands since 2001.

I agree with most of what you have said. However, as an American who has served this country and was in Manhattan on 9/11, that day was one of the worst in history. The Revolutionary War, The Civil War, Pearl Harbor and WW II and all the rest are just horrific. I am for PEACE. But at least for me, and many in this generation, 9/11 and the four jets that were hijacked and that killed thousands of innoncent people deserveds remembering. I also recognize the many thousands that have died since....a tragedy. And look at the 10's of thousands who are dying in Syria right now.....unforgiveable! I believe in PEACE!!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by Nyiah

Well i guess the "Russian are coming" kinda ran dry.... soo this is the next clause for the gullible people to follow.... whats better than reminding them every year they need to be protected from an enemy that no one clearly knows about.

Well perhaps the "Russians...Soviet Union" were deterred...because of what might have happened....just maybe?? No War...Thank God!

Now, again...perhaps, just perhaps....Syria is thinking...perhaps...with lessons learned that the "Russians" are teaching Assad....Peace is the Answer....not destruction. No bombs dropped yet and I hope they never will, but I also hope the innocent children and people of Syria do not have to continue to be killed. Give Peace A Chance!!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

If the "pain still burns" after 12 years, you need to talk to a doctor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join