It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take Time Today Show Respect.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
No matter what you believe happened twelve years ago today. Whether you believe it was a hostile attack or a inside job, i ask that you take time to honor those innocent people who died.

The ones in the Trade Center, the Pentagon, and Shanksville. Not only those innocents but also those who have lost their lives in other parts of the world due to the attack. Who have done nothing other than to try and live their lives the best they can.

Remember there is evil in the world and that we must always fight against it, no matter who it comes from.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Respect for the needless loss of life.

Please keep in mind that "good and evil" is highly subjective and is often an exercise in "mind forming" that precedes warmaking. Honor dead innocents by questioning anyone or anything that prompts you to resolve highly complex situations as binary.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I won't take time, I prefer to give,
by honoring the dead I refuse to live.
The dead can rather inter themself,
I'll bury my heart upon a shelf.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

It's time to stop making 9/11 such a publicized event. Yeah we should have memorials, but it shouldnt be the spectical it is today. The friends, families, and spouses of those who died that day I'm sure just want to move on with thier lives. But they cant because every 9/11, they get the fact that thier loved ones died, shoved down thier throats.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

theconspirator

It's time to stop making 9/11 such a publicized event. Yeah we should have memorials, but it shouldnt be the spectical it is today. The friends, families, and spouses of those who died that day I'm sure just want to move on with thier lives. But they cant because every 9/11, they get the fact that thier loved ones died, shoved down thier throats.

I have to agree with this.

Time to show respect should be now, not on 9/11 or any other set date but now and every other day.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
When's the last time we had a decent Pearl Harbor Memorial thread? And why isn't anyone commemorating Aurora? Or Sandy Hook? Or the Boston Bombing? Are they not just as significant to those who lost friends and family to those tragedies?

I have no problem with tipping my hat to those who lost loved ones in the twin towers. I have no problem acknowledging their scars. But maybe it's time to move on. It's been 12 years. The only reason to continue dragging it out is in the faint hope that maybe the truth will come out. And that seems to be the only reason anyone mentions it anymore. Let's find a noble reason to raise the subject, then hide a land mine and wait 'til someone steps on it. Then begin an argument trying to prove that it was an inside job/Al Qaeda operation.

I guess the issue isn't RIP because some people are willing to raise the dead over and over until the truth is finally laid on the table.
edit on 11-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Nah, frankly I'm sick of 9/11. All the hate and grief the aftermath has caused. The lives lost both in ny and Iraq, in the name of corporate war machine profit. I'd just as soon never hear of 9/11 the rest of my life.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Honestly I forgot about it until I read this thread. The mention of 9/11 just makes me think of claims from some that the planes were empty or the myriad of other crap.

Well your thread made me remember so I guess that is something.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have sympathy for anyone who has lost loved ones through conflict and acts of aggression.
This would of course include the thousands of civilians in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, even Vietnam where aircraft did not crash into buildings but delivered napalm to burn many innocents.

If you were directly affected by the twin towers tragedy then of course have your moment of reflection, but I knew none of the victims, as I similarly knew none of the innocent victims of drone attacks and the like.
With all the pointless killing in the world going on I would have to have some respect and reverence for every day of the year. It's time to move on for those of us who did not suffer a loss.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

theconspirator

One of the most mindless and, 'scuse me, stupidest comments I read in a long time.

Even after 12 years, seeing the videos/images makes me realize that this event DESERVES to be never forgotten. Never. Ever.

No one "shoves" the undeniable fact that THE EVENT HAPPENED "down anyone's throat"..what a nonsense statement.

The almost 3000 people who died, the countless absolutely absurd and stupid theories etc. etc. should make this event non-forgettable for anyone. You still have the choice to simply unplug from your internet, TV etc. if you think that you can't handle the fact to be remembered WHAT actually happened at that day. Your PC and your TV *has* an on/off button!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I agree...we need to remember and show respect.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

if nothing else , honer the fallen and the ones that keep us safe, best line of the times we are in
'Let us have the strength to face down the threats that endure'

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread970263/pg1]I had Originally Posted in This Thread

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

wow, 3000? really.

When are we going to have memorial for the 100,000 civilian that got droned and burned? oh wait they are not human what am i saying. silly me.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Remember, remember, the 11th of September, the WTC treason and plot.

I know of no reason the WTC treason should ever be forgot...

edit on 11-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

I think the mod made the correct decision because thread after thread remembering the twin towers terrorism incident only clutters up the boards.
As myself and others have said, there is a lack of remembrance for the tens of thousand innocents killed since 2001 - if you were directly affected then I understand your need for reflection of the events in New York, but those 3000 lives were no more important than the innocent victims of drone attacks and wars based on lies.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

wow, 3000? really.

When are we going to have memorial for the 100,000 civilian that got droned and burned? oh wait they are not human what am i saying. silly me.

PEACE is the answer. BUT when terrorism occurrs there is CAUSE AND EFFECT

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

grainofsand
reply to post by ItDepends

I think the mod made the correct decision because thread after thread remembering the twin towers terrorism incident only clutters up the boards.
As myself and others have said, there is a lack of remembrance for the tens of thousand innocents killed since 2001 - if you were directly affected then I understand your need for reflection of the events in New York, but those 3000 lives were no more important than the innocent victims of drone attacks and wars based on lies.

No, I agree and have no problem with the MOD moving. And I am all for PEACE! But today, is a rememberance for those innocent victims. I understand and also pray for all of the innocent lives that have died since, but have no sympathy for the terrorists. Peace!!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Remembering on your own time is perfectly acceptable, but I agree in that we need to move on. Revisiting this year after year in such a public manner like it's a holy event is the wrong thing to do. I really feel that by doing so, the terrorists win again. And again. And again. Year after year. It reinforces that they inflicted something on us that we are incapable of getting over/letting go of, and they hold power over Americans emotionally because of it. No, that's not acceptable. We're 12 years out, folks. In 12 years, we've become a very bitter, hateful, paranoid, intolerant country. I'd say they've certainly won, & continue to win. They changed us socially and it definitely wasn't for the better. The only people that have the power to undo that is us, and we can't do it if we're clinging to the sorest memories.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Well i guess the "Russian are coming" kinda ran dry.... soo this is the next clause for the gullible people to follow.... whats better than reminding them every year they need to be protected from an enemy that no one clearly knows about.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join