It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama calls off Congress vote on Syria intervention

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He had no choice

We can never over state this fact...just to keep a perspective on things.

I see some Obama supporters clapping how wisdom prevailed...when in reality...Putin really left Obama no choice in the matter.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
He didnt have the votes thats the bottom line. I knew there would be no war the min the UK voted NO. When the military top brass is saying we dont want to attack syria you know its a no go no matter what the stock holders of the ammunition factorys want they got fat and rich in iraq and wanted more money but the sane people said no thank god. I just hope Obama doesnt act unilaterally in the near future to appease the warmongers wallets

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

neformore
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I predicted some of the responses here on Saturdays ATS Live and again on Sunday Night Euro

Yes, he is in a very difficult situation.

I don't think Obama could have done it any other way than he has.

Mr Bush and Mr Blair would have gone in gung ho without asking any questions beyond an "imaginatively crafted" dossier

At least Obama is acting "politically". He is being a politician instead of a dictator. He is ducking and diving between the crushing weight of polarization.

Only a few years to go Mr President then you can relax.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

...it dont matter, R(, if he called it off or not.
Anyway its ment to stay in the Mind of the Public, this syria Ritual,
so it really dont Matter whether he calls it Off or tries to keep it on the agenda.

what i read -
Fox had an article about 'biblical prophecy regarding damascus'

now
will you friends - please - grasp that this is all One Occult Ritual......?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

beezzer

"The US must carry out some act somewhere in the world which shows its
determination to continue to be a world power."

Henry Kissinger, 1975

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
(frowny sad face)

That dude scares me more than all the others put together!

I'll allow his own actions to speak for him.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

seagull

Yes, it is a dirty game.

...and Kerry may have more influence than most realize. He's from old money, and is married into even older money. That means power the likes of which most of us can not understand.

That's where courage and conviction come into play. If Obama wants to make "change" happen...it takes more gumption than he's shown at anytime in office.

Honestly, I don't care if a politician goes against my will every time he opens his/her mouth... What I want from them is courage of conviction. Not waffling from one opinion to the next as polls indicate. I'm tired of that. Be a [bleeping] adult and have a sack.

I feel much the same, but we both know that if you act on "the courage of conviction" you leave the office of President in a coffin or impeached like Nixon. They'll have your balls one way or the other.

I just keep trying to look for the positives. There aren't many of them. All of us here are doing our job by having expectations and expressing ourselves openly and honestly. We are very important, too.

The huge "NO" that has come from the world has been an important factor. So let's just keep it up in this the FREE WORLD (or what we want to be THE FREE WORLD).

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

The damning for the doesn't is far, far better than the damning had he done.

The part that worries me about the Russian Plan is what inventory records do they go by? Russian arms sales? French material sales? Iran's lending programs? Are UN inspectors going to search high and low based on where Syria says to look?

We are not out of the woods with Syria yet, just postponed for a bit is all.

As for the US homefront, what happens when 2 million bikers denied a ride through permit encounter 1 million Muslims holding a 9/11 rally in DC? Hopefully nothing, but you never know once traffic gets backed up from the congestion.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

wrabbit, since when does the president determine whether or not congress debates anything. No one seems to blink an eye at the audacity of Obama claiming he "called off" a vote by congress. The words "I requested" may have been appropriate but that's not what was said.

Its a fine line but, Yes his toady, Harry Reid may have done so. Obama claiming this dilutes and erodes separation of powers that much more in the public eye.

To me its just another indication of someone who believes in their omnipotence above all else. That attitude is very dangerous in this situation.

For the record I fervently wish one of the houses would have proceeded with a vote regardless instead of this waving of moist fingers in the air. Unfortunately congress is side lining itself with lack of debate and a vote.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

0bama is opting for a delay instead of a swift cruise missile attack...

0bama still has it in his mind that he has the right and obligation as President to use force on Syria
~mark my words~ 0bama is not standing-down... he is just flanking the Congress with a delay and let the request for a 'vote' wither-on-the-vine
in a week or two or three...0bama will tell all 5 missile launching destroyers and the B-52, B1 & Stealth Bombers hit all Syrian facilities with bunker-busters

all these actions will emerge in a new crisis situation, thus avoiding a humuliating defeat in the Congressional vote that would have denied approval of a attack upon Syria back in the Sep 9th to Sep 13th Window, when the Congressional vote would have already been tallied

so anytime after Sep 13th 0bama has free rein to launch on Syria without the stigma of Congressional diapproval
edit on 11-9-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

neformore
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

He's damned if he bombs Syria because we shouldn't be involved.
He's damned if he doesn't because his own actions brought us to this point and he made us weak.

I'd rather he DOESN"T start World War III.
And that's exactly what could happen if he bombs Syria.
The damning if he does/damning if he doesn't is his own fault.
He created this mess ...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

That's true enough. I'd rather he be damned for not ordering an attack, than for doing so, though.

I'm no fan of President Obama... I've made no secret of that. Backing off of this course, would at least earn a nod of respect from me (I'm sure that matters to him...
).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join