It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Lawmakers Ousted in Recall Vote Over Gun Law

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I think of myself as more as a American. I was a military brat who then did a career myself. Born in Cali, SSN from Wis., Home of record until recently was Texas, and is now Ohio, Drivers license until a couple years back was NC. Lived overseas a little over ten years. Home is where I lay my head to sleep. I used to drive the security background check guys nuts! *LOL*. Nobody moves that much they used to complain.

From what I have read, many Californians are now moving to Texas. Texas residents beware! Colorado's problems are acomin' for you! Illegal immigrants from the south and idiot immigrants from the left coast.

I'm hoping that the recall thing catches on! They tried to get rid of Walker in Wis through a recall and not only failed in that but lost seats in the retaliatory recall. *Thumbs Up*

But the progressives will cry as always, Voter suppression, Voter fraud, Right wing conspiracy and if all else fails, they'll whip out that maxxed out card of Racism.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
My wife and I rallied with friends here in Colorado to remove the trash, and we WON! If people think for a second that you can step on our constitution and get away with it, you have another thing coming! If you think it’s OK to take away our second amendment right to bear arms, than what makes you think they won’t come to take away any other rights we have? How about our right to free speech? If you think they won’t stop at our second amendment, than you are truly ignorant…!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Double post...Sorry...

edit on 12-9-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
wouldn't it be great if the states that have representatives and senators, that voted for obamacare, had a vote to recall them.

you know maybe even the thought of it happening, would get harry reid and his cronies in the senate to bring it to a vote.

when the house has passed the vote 40 times to repeal and defund it, that should tell them what the prevailing thoughts are and that there could be a chance that they are wrong.

but i guess we all know money talks and bs walks.

Recess-bound House votes to gut Obama health care law for 40th time

edit on 12-9-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

macman
I don't believe you for a second. Your agenda and Progressive Far-Right ideals have proven in the past that certain things are okay for you, but not for others with opposing views.

Fixed that for you. Project much?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Personally, I don't even *want* a gun...but I'm planning on buying one as a simple matter of casting my vote on this issue.

- SN

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I don't even know what your talking about cause I havt seen the article posted.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Care to show me where I have stated something is good for one, but not the other????

Wait, let me guess, it is different, right???

I will wait, patiently for you to provide us here with such a thing.

Oh, but wait. You also imply that I am Far-Right. As stated before, and again, I am a Libertarian. If something is good for one group, then it is good for the other.

Seems to be that I am of the only mindset that doesn't look to actually restrict peoples freedoms, either in the name of protecting other (Like the Children) or for our own good.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by Indigo5

You also imply that I am Far-Right. As stated before, and again, I am a Libertarian.

Thanks for the levity...I appreciate the humor.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

sealing
Shouldn't the NRA get naming rights soon?
Like "Colorado... brought to you by the NRA".

I didn't see one mention of how much money and
clout the NRA used to oust these public officials who don't agree with them.
And it was a tiny bit more than the opposition I would guess
considering the outcome.

So it's okay to buy democracy as long as its the Koch Bros in Wisconsin
or the NRA in Colorado huh?

Do you have any facts or sources? I'm sure they supported, but lets have some evidence.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

I never said they fear us, they fear us being full armed, trained and ready. "Most of them support gun rights" ?? Where do you get those facts? Perhaps 10% are pro gun and a small percentage of that come with many caveats. At least with a republican you have a chance of keeping you right to bear arms, but with whatever is coming down the pipe, I'm not even sure you can count on that.
What THEY DO FEAR, NO BONES ABOUT IT, is us putting our right to vote into action. We showed our stance even with the Aurora and Columbine shooting. Enough of us aren't fooled into thinking guns equal crime. It's funny about how many stories I dig up about a would be thief, rapist or murderer taking down or at least foiled by an armed citizen. Good luck finding that in any mainstream media.
We're coming for you next Hickenlooper, pack your personal effects and perhaps pick up some night shifts at your pub.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
You do realize this election was not allowed to be vote by mail. It was designed to be low turn out. Low turn out helps wingnut causes.

The governor is still a Democrat. The Senate is still under Democratic control.

Seriously, this was not much of an accomplishment. Further, the wingnuts can expect to really get hammered in a normal election for pulling this stunt.

Basically it is like when the GOP recalled the governor in Ca. The Democrats returned with so much force that the GOP has zero constitutional office holders. The GOP is in the minority in both houses. In fact, the GOP minority is so small that they don't have to bother showing up. There are enough state Democrats to have quorum. The GOP went from turning out the governor to becoming 100% irrelevant. That is what happens with recalls. You win, but then you get hammered.

You want long lasting results? You change the office holders during normal elections, not recalls.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join