It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Letter That a Dying Military Veteran Sent To His Representatives In Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

You will be amazed by the things that a dying military veteran wrote in a letter to the two U.S. Senators that are representing his state. Like so many other Americans, this elderly vet is absolutely disgusted by the corruption and the incompetence that he sees coming out of Washington.

www.activistpost.com...

A well worded letter to the US senators from a 79 year veteran. That played by the rules and it sad to see the state his country has ended up in. Dying people tend not to skip their words and this man is certainly no exception..

Dear Senator: I have tried to live by the rules my entire life. My father was a Command Sergeant Major, U.S. Army, who died of combat related stresses shortly after his retirement. It was he who instilled in me those virtues he felt important – honesty, duty, patriotism and obeying the laws of God and of our various governments. I have served my country, paid my taxes, worked hard, volunteered and donated my fair share of money, time and artifacts.

Today, as I approach my 79th birthday, I am heart-broken when I look at my country and my government. I shall only point out a very few things abysmally wrong which you can multiply by a thousand fold. I have calculated that all the money I have paid in income taxes my entire life cannot even keep the Senate barbershop open for one year! Only Heaven and a few tight-lipped actuarial types know what the Senate dining room costs the taxpayers. So please, enjoy your haircuts and meals on us.
Last year, the president spent an estimated 1.4 $billion on himself and his family. The vice president spends $millions on hotels. They have had 8 vacations so far this year! And our House of Representatives and Senate have become America ‘s answer to the Saudi royal family. You have become the “perfumed princes and princesses” of our country.

Read the rest of the letter here..
www.activistpost.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
And i thought our mps were bad, man your politician make ours look like beggers! No wonder the scumbag are asking for a pay rise!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Talk about one mixed up person. On a few things he was right but on the rest it was the usual tea party mumbo jumbo.

And our House of Representatives and Senate have become America ‘s answer to the Saudi royal family. You have become the “perfumed princes and princesses” of our country.

Oh please the Saudis have no where near the control of congress that AIPAC and Israel does.

In the middle of the night, you voted in the Affordable Health Care Act, a.k.a. “Obama Care,” a bill which no more than a handful of senators or representatives read more than several paragraphs, crammed it down our throats, and then promptly exempted yourselves from it substituting your own taxpayer-subsidized golden health care insurance.

Obamacare was debated on for over a year in no way was it crammed down anyones throat.

You live exceedingly well, eat and drink as well as the “one percenters,” consistently vote yourselves perks and pay raises while making 3.5 times the average U.S. individual income, and give up nothing while you (as well as the president and veep) ask us to sacrifice due to sequestration (for which, of course, you plan to blame the Republicans, anyway).

Republicans do the same thing when they have the majority. Pot meet Kettle.

I would offer that you are not entirely to blame. What changed you is the seductive environment of power in which you have immersed yourselves. It is the nature of both houses of Congress which requires you to subordinate your virtue in order to get anything done until you have achieved a leadership role. To paraphrase President Reagan, it appears that the second oldest profession (politics), bears a remarkably strong resemblance to the oldest.

How ironic that he quoted the President that sold the government to wall street.

Great men are almost always bad men.” I’m only guessing that this applies to the female sex as well. Tell me, is there a more corrupt entity in this country than Congress?

I can easily think of two the banking industry and Wall Street.

This letter is like reading a transcript of FOX news and about as accurate.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

At last, something we can all agree on.

All government is corrupt, always has been and always will be. Their solution is to add more oversight (that is, award more power) to produce the "most transparent government in history"? How is that working out?

Why do people think that hiring more foxes will protect the hens?

The only solution is to minimize government power as much as is necessary. Our founders knew it and articulated it thoroughly in our declaration of independence, constitution and bill of rights, we just need to follow it.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

dude is just some Old Brainwashed Baby Boomer -- and Senile.

the baby boomers went to school in the 50's. this is the decade AFTER the ww2. When the Nazi scientists were brought here. And they brainwashed the kids just like the Nazi Youth..

People who are NOT boomers can spot their tireless contradictory programmed response jibber jabber a mile away.

its not their fault. Part of the brainwashing inserts something that short circuits their rationale/emotional stat back to that of a child and they are in "program mode".

top topics

join