It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A NEW AGE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
id like to know some possibilties of what a "new age" would be. would it be a complete change in the world?
i dunno why i suddenly thought this up, maybe ive been playing too much Deus Ex (join the illuminati and be a leader of the new age!" or summit.
i seriouslly dunno what im talking about, someone tell me what they think a new age would be like?

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
A New Age would most likely be something like the Renassaince (sp?) or the Industrial Revolution. It would probably have to do something to drasticilly change the "social pyramid" or politics of the world. That is just my opinion.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Or (Since you are also a fan of my favorite PC Game) how about a change of a totally different kind?

Ever beat Deus Ex and achieve the "Dark age" ending? Where JCDenton blows up the entire HELIOS framework in Area 51? After the end of that sequence, the world reverts back to small county-sized "Nations" that rule over themselves independently, without any outside interference.

Maybe it's the Luddite in me, but I would like to see such a thing come to pass. Mankind relies too much on his tools, and not enough on himself.

There just might be an organization out there who believes the same thing. Though, in all honesty, they are probably subscribing to the same school of thought that the Una Bomber did...

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It's like this:

There are 12 constellations in the Zodiac.

The earth wobbles on its axis. About 24,000 years/wobble. ( All numbers used here are approximate )

Because of this, over the course of 24,000 years, the zodiac appears to wander across the sky.

The Vernal Equinox was a very important date in antiquity. People kept track of which star was the last one to show up on the morning of the equinox. So they would know, if Sirius pops up and thirty seconds later, you can't see it, that's the day of the equinox.

The wobble screws this up. Moves the zodiac across the sky. 24,000 year wobble, 12 constellations, 2000 years / constellation. Ergo, 2000 years to an Age.

We are currently in the Age of Pisces. And one of the major religions has a fish for a symbol.

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius. Note that Christianity, which began in the beginning of the Age of Pisces, is 2000 years old.

This is what New Age refers to. This is why New Agers are associated with the occult / astrology / hippies, etc.

new topics

top topics

join