It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists claim to have found evidence of ALIEN LIFE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

MystikMushroom
Well, I think spores could be ejected into space during a large asteroid/meteor strike. Spores are pretty hardy and could float around in space, or bound up in rocky material waiting for a suitable environment to propagate.

I mean, mushrooms kind of look alien to me.

Insects. Praying Mantis?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The thing is that the scientists and everyone else seem to have two distinct ideas of 'alien life'.

For the scientists it exists at a microbial level - a new cell or organism found in a rock sample, on the edge of our atmosphere, something that cannot be seen with the naked eye.

For the average joe - their definition relies on the popular culture explanation, the stereotypical 'grey' alien being.

I can't help getting the feeling that people seem to so dismissive when it comes to these announcements. People forget that we too were once microbes in ooze. Who says that one of these discoveries might not be the same thing for another species?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

No, thats not the one. The thread I am talking about had no suggestion of meteorite involvement, and was solely focused on the presence of microbial life in the upper reaches of the atmosphere, which represented a significant expansion of the size of our biosphere. Previous to the study detailed in the article, linked to the thread, we had no idea that there might be microbes actually LIVING in the air. We knew that various very small critters could TRAVEL via that medium, but researchers found unique organisms, actually existing at extreme altitude, rather than simply being buffeted along at near ground level.

There was some speculation that the bio-forms located up there, were actually transmitted into the air originally by the hydrological cycle, but to discuss that further without the article and thread to refer to would be tricky, and asking to fall foul of my own ridiculously poor memory.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

We are just a grain of sand in our universe. We are not the pinnacle of life. We have alot of catching up to do before we join a galactic society.. If thats what its called..

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I don't think it's mutation or evolution. I do believe in some evolution, but there is just some things that can't be explained by evolution. Some plants have a thorns with barbs on the end. Plants don't one day say I need a defense mechanism. Then you got the plants that eat bugs and other small animals. Look at the human hand is that a mutation too? Just one day decided to sprout fingers with an opposable thumb joints made to bend and grasp things. We haven't found human remains anywhere with flippers or anything going all the way back to caveman days before the age of fire and primitive tool making. Man wouldn't have been able to survive prior without hands, feet, etc. The idea of mutation over time doesn't fit in well with man. The idea of man slithering around on his belly can't grasp a spear to protect himself well because he doesn't have hands yet. That is a bunch of baloney. There is more evidence leaning towards colonization than evolution. We know the dinosaurs was wiped out to extinction along with a lot of plant life, but yet here's man able to survive it all and still able to feed himself with flippers. The piece of puzzle doesn't fit the hole. You know what I mean?? The odds of everything working like it does in the world is mind boggling. It's like throwing up a bunch of junk into the air and when it all lands you have a working new shiny grand piano in tune and ready to play.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

life on earth came from outer space
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I find it so odd when people say that...where do people think we all came from? Earth is not exclusive from the universe.

Great post, interesting to read S & F
Thanks

edit on 12-9-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

ProfessorChaos
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I'm not the least bit surprised that Chandra Wickramasinghe is behind this experiment, being as how he was the fellow that investigated the 'Blood Rain' that fell in India and found cells that replicated without DNA.

He's a big proponent of Panspermia, possibly the most outspoken proponent.

en.wikipedia.org...

In 2003 Godfrey Louis and Santhosh Kumar, physicists at the Mahatma Gandhi University in Kottayam, Kerala, posted an article entitled "Cometary panspermia explains the red rain of Kerala" in the non-peer reviewed arXiv web site. While the CESS report said there was no apparent relationship between the loud sound (possibly a sonic boom) and flash of light which preceded the red rain, to Louis and Kumar it was a key piece of evidence. They proposed that a meteor (from a comet containing the red particles) caused the sound and flash and when it disintegrated over Kerala it released the red particles which slowly fell to the ground. However, they omitted an explanation on how debris from a meteor continued to fall in the same area over a period of two months while unaffected from winds. Their work indicated that the particles were of biological origin (consistent with the CESS report), however, they invoked the panspermia hypothesis to explain the presence of cells in a supposed fall of meteoric material. Additionally, using ethidium bromide they were unable to detect DNA or RNA in the particles. Two months later they posted another paper on the same web site entitled "New biology of red rain extremophiles prove cometary panspermia" in which they reported that "The microorganism isolated from the red rain of Kerala shows very extraordinary characteristics, like the ability to grow optimally at 300°C (572°F) and the capacity to metabolize a wide range of organic and inorganic materials." These claims and data have yet to be verified and reported in any peer reviewed publication.

Researcher Chandra Wickramasinghe used Louis and Kumar's "extraterrestrial origin" claim to further support his panspermia hypothesis called cosmic ancestry. This hypothesis postulates that life is neither the product of supernatural creation, nor is it spontaneously generated through abiogenesis, but that it has always existed in the universe. According to the theory, higher life forms, including intelligent life, descend ultimately from pre-existing life which was at least as advanced as the descendants

Louis and Kumar made their first publication of their finding on a web site in 2003, and have presented papers at conferences and in astrophysics magazines a number of times since. The controversial conclusion of Louis et al. is the only hypothesis suggesting that these organisms are of extraterrestrial origin. And every time, they've been popular with the mass media, with major news agencies like CNN repeating their sensational panspermia story without critique, although almost nobody else in the scientific community accepts Louis and Kumar's space spore explanation.

Regarding the "absence" of DNA, Louis admits he has no training in biology, and has not reported the use of any standard microbiology growth medium to culture and induce germination and growth of the spores, basing his claim of "biological growth" on light absorption measurements following aggregation by supercritical fluids, an inert physical observation. Both his collaborators, Wickramasinghe and Milton Wainwright independently extracted and confirmed the presence of DNA from the spores. The absence of DNA was key to Louis and Kumar's hypothesis that the cells were of extraterrestrial origins.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Very good find TA. S&F These organisms could be earthed based though, maybe they can't survive down here though. They could be alien to the area nearer ground without being extraterrestrial. I feel that many organisms here on earth have ET origins but that doesn't really mean that these organisms are definitely ET. I have to somewhat agree with the Skeptics in the article. Just because they are not found down here doesn't necessarily mean they are extraterrestrial.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The object depicted in one of the photographs is hardly some kind of organism, it looks like a fragment of some matter.

Secondly, I fail to see how they concluded it "came from space". If I find particles in the upper atmospheres of the earth, I would assume they originate from earth as well. Especially when you keep in mind that the upper atmosphere is full with microbacterial life forms

The article looks like rubbish to me, I'm sorry.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
More on Chandra Wickramasinghe here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Isn't that a bit extreme? How could every single mind that is part of the scientific community participate in this conspiracy or, worse, not even realize it? It's not a very realistic theory.
edit on 12-9-2013 by sleepdealer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If its not on CNN already, then its probably not true

reply to post by sleepdealer

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

ATSZOMBIE

reply to post by sleepdealer

I busted out laughing at this...thats a good one. I appreciate that

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
True though! No ones gonna give a rats ass bit of notice unless the corrupt media proclaims its true

reply to post by SullivanBlack

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

ATSZOMBIE

PLEASE tell us you aren't actually watching TV...

“The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media.” – William Colby, former CIA director

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Murgatroid

PLEASE tell us you aren't actually watching TV...

“The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media.” – William Colby, former CIA director

PLEASE tell us you don't actually believe anyone from the CIA...
edit on 12-9-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Even the hard core scientists who were dead set against the idea are now starting to realize it is inevitable that they find concrete evidence of life elsewhere. I personally believe that we have already made contact but only those in high places are privy to this information.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

But mass media is not the only way to disseminate scientific discoveries. Murgadroid was implying that absolutely every channel of communication (academic journals etc) is corrupt and part of a conspiracy to manufacture knowledge. Peer-reviewed journals are the best source for carefully-researched information. Not that they are 100% incorruptible.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

The 'Crazy Hair Guy' is Giorgio Tsoukalos, he's a complete nutbag.

The best part about those memes is that his assumptions are very much in that vein; Not easily explained? Must be aliens.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
There is life everywhere. Everything Is a frequency, energy. We are all connected, we are ONE.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join