It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMA's just answers thread please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Would it be possible for a just answers from the AMA threads, trawling through pages of questions for a few answers here and there is very time consuming and tedious.

I know another poster made a thread of answers for an AMA and this question maybe has been asked already but it would be useful.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

On the little man icon in the bottom left corner, click on it, and select 'posts in thread.'

It then gives you only that person's responses. This can be done with anyone.

You are right though, AMA is great, but organised chaos once it gets going....

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Thanks, I should have thought of that but would still like a continual thread with all the posts to scroll all the posts quickly instead of clicking on individual posts.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by 74Templar

Thanks, I should have thought of that but would still like a continual thread with all the posts to scroll all the posts quickly instead of clicking on individual posts.

but if you click "posts in the thread" (after clicking the green man under Tom Carey's Avatar) it does list all of the posts of that one person in the thread. You don't have to click on any one post.

Like this:

4 pages of all his answers..

Oddly enough I didn't think to do that either until you brought it up, so it seems we helped each other out.
edit on 9/11/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Oh ok thanks. I never tried it, I think it was click on each post before, if i recall correctly when trying to find my own post.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

try it. it works.

Haven't tried it in this new version, but the only drawback was that you couldn't star the posts when in that view.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks, I tried it, it works, somehow I never realised it was there, now I do and will use it!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It would be great if the AMA poster could quote the question asked in their reply too.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pillock

Yes that would be good.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

pillock
It would be great if the AMA poster could quote the question asked in their reply too.

Agreed!

I have often wondered why the reply to and quote are separate, if the thread is slow it's not such a bother to look back to see what has been replied to, other times it could mean going back several pages. I assume most people wish to get the full drift of the thread and the replied to post that do not quote the OP can be a real pita.

top topics

join