It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UI , same spelling mistake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Slowly getting use to the new ui, but i noticed SkepticOverlord still has not fixed the spelling mistake when you hit 'alert' to complain about a post (not that my spelling is great) lol

Complaint aboout post:

Maybe SO is Canadian?

edit on 11-9-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

What is mis-spelled?

Complaint?

When you want to complain about a post, the words 'Complaint About Post' seems to be a prompt for you to add your complaint. As in, 'What is your Complaint?' - or - 'Type complaint here'...

'Complaint About Post: I dug a deep hole, but the dang post was too big around to fit in there!'

-or-

'Complaint About Post: It must be my face, because I'm not allowed to leave my post for the entire 3rd shift!'

-or-

'Complaint About Post: It wasn't post-marked in time, because the postage is simply too much. I feel like I could go 'postal' at any given moment, and I probably will if my funds don't post soon!'

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I f I press the complain part I just get into my private messages for some reason.
OP was saying about
Complaint aboout post:

Check spelling for about instead of aboout!.....

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Whats wrong with the way it's spelled?

I thought it was common knowledge that some words are spelled a little different on ATS, including the word 'aboout' - normally 'about'!

Really though, I never even noticed the word 'Aboout', and I looked at it several times too
. I assumed it must be 'Complaint', since it is a less common word and the different tenses of the word can cause confusion (atleast it does for me!)

Reminds me of that popular chain mail from a while back. Remmeber the one a whlie back that illurstated how our midns can eaisly trasnlate wrods that are compeltely msispelled, as lnog as the frist and the lsat letter are in the porper locaiton? It was very popalur and was flown aruond the inetrnet for what semeed like monhts.

top topics

join