It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama takes a victory lap!!!!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie

khimbar

poet1b

Personally, I think it's time the US turned in its sheriff badge, and let someone else take on that dirty job.

As an American, I am tired of being blamed for the dirty deeds of the ICBs, and everything else that goes wrong on this planet.

The USA has never worn a 'sheriff badge'.

The badge reads 'Muscle for hire'.
edit on 11-9-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

and a business card that says "have a big stick, will travel!"

And a future tombstone that reads "finally screwed around with the wrong people".

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Europe certainly does look "impotent and enfeebled".

What did Obama do?

On the first legitimate reason to do something about the attrocities in Syria, Obama ordered the U.S. fleet into the area, and began rallying congress to approve an invasion.

Shortly afterwards, Syria and their ally Russia agreed to international monitors, and the elimination of the chemical weapons stockpiles.

This is a heck of a lot more than anyone else has done.

Who is retreating on the issue? Let's look at world news.

english.alarabiya.net...

A Syrian rebel commander criticized on Tuesday a Russian plan for Syria to surrender its chemical weapons to avoid a Western military attack as a “dirty deal” and an international maneuver.
Taking chemical weapons from President Bashar al-Assad “would serve Israel, not the Syrian people,” he said.

Oops, looks like Putin wasn't looking far enough ahead.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The pan-Arab paper Al-Quds al-Arabi says President Obama has left "all options open", and independent Al-Arab al-Alamiyah believes Obama won a "small victory" over Syria through the prospect of putting the country's arsenal under international monitoring.

Exactly.

edit on 11-9-2013 by poet1b because: typo

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NotSoAnonymous

I don't see Obama as the savior, or the anti-christ.

The revolt in Syria has been grinding on in an ugly manner, everybody has been hoping that somebody would do something.

I don't know if the Obama admin stumbled into this with blind luck, or played a great chess game, or a bit of both, but this could be a game changer.

When the leader of the rebellion complains about the deal, it is hard not to see this as a victory for everyone who would like to see the atrocities stop.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

And yet conservatives, who claim to be patriots, are falling all over themselves in their posts on this thread to er, a, praise Putin the former communists, as you do in your own post.

I'm sure the vast majority of conservatives know all about Putin and the commies in general.

As I have pointed out many times, free market economics is communism, renamed. It seems when the free market people aren't busy praising Russia, they are busy praising China.

The ICBs own Russia more than any major developed country, and it is the ICBs who sell the whole free market communist propaganda.

Agree mostly.... no argument ( I call it "Marxist/Corporatist" )

One of these days, if things don't change, some conservative is going to be standing in a very long line hoping to buy tp, with his or her corporate script, and slap a palm up against their forehead, when it dawns on them how badly they have been had.

Very possible, but only for the ones who don't understand.
But what prevents the Liberals from being in the same boat?

Nothing is stopping the West or the Saudis from building a pipeline through Iraq, so the whole pipeline claim doesn't add up.

Iraq is too unstable (by design) and more than 2/3 are Shiite (big issue with the Saudi and Qatar Monarchies)

Qatar and the Saudis are interested in a direct gas pipeline to Syria (shorter total distance).

From there, a small distance would tie into the proposed Turkey pipelines to Austria (if that ever happens).

Russia is successfully stalling all of the above.

Qatar and the Saudis might be interested in tying into the existing Arab Pipeline that now runs from Egypt, through Jordan and into Syria.

Part of the Arab Pipeline is shutdown (going to Israel [aww]), and the line going to Jordan/Syria is slow because Egypt can't deliver the volume (all by design because the Saudis back one side in Egypt, and Qatar backs the other side -- (even though they are partners ! -- sounds familiar !!).

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by NotSoAnonymous

I don't see Obama as the savior, or the anti-christ.

The revolt in Syria has been grinding on in an ugly manner, everybody has been hoping that somebody would do something.

I don't know if the Obama admin stumbled into this with blind luck, or played a great chess game, or a bit of both, but this could be a game changer.

When the leader of the rebellion complains about the deal, it is hard not to see this as a victory for everyone who would like to see the atrocities stop.

I wonder if Bin Laden complained when the US stopped backing him...
They support terrorism in other countries and then drop them as soon as they are no longer useful, it didn't bode well for America 12 years ago...Never forget or doomed to repeat? The idiots in charge never learn.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
lol at thread
edit on 11-9-2013 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

OneManArmy
Putin pulled it from the brink with an offer of SENSE.

It was an offer of "sense", while he sells more "conventional "weapons to Syria to kill even more people with .

Obama couldn't point out this glaring hypocrisy, without having the finger being pointed right back at him.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

poet1b
Looks like the U.S. push for war has paid off. Russia has convinced Assad to agree to turn over chemical weapons.

Obama seizes the moment to put calls for military action on hold.

www.foxnews.com...

President Obama, in a national address originally intended to rally the country behind a strike on Syria, instead used the moment to announce he was hitting pause on military action in order to let negotiations over a Russia-backed plan run their course.

“This initiative has the potential to remove the threat of chemical weapons without the use of force,” Obama said Tuesday night.

This is a major victory for Obama, and Putin. They get to claim credit for making a difference, without ever having to put boots on the ground.

But wait for it, soon the anti-Obama crowd with be claiming about how Obama should have invaded Syria, and calling him a wimp.

edit on 10-9-2013 by poet1b because: typo

No, he absolutely did the right thing.

But your take on what happened? Jesus Christ, man. I knew you were swimming in Kool Aid, but damn.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

As an average citizen I don't want anyone's pity. I can't speak for the rest of the American people, but my family and I still have it pretty good. This once great Nation has been driven like a nail into the floorboards of the worlds outhouse by our political hammer but we the people are still mostly strong and trying to survive. Everything is eventual and wounds can heal, who knows how long it will take to repair the damage that has been done by the crooks and shysters who supposedly represent us, but heal we will and we will be stronger for it in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

poet1b
But wait for it, soon the anti-Obama crowd with be claiming about how Obama should have invaded Syria, and calling him a wimp.

edit on 10-9-2013 by poet1b because: typo

No...the "anti-obama" guys wont be saying he should have attacked...Everyone has made it pretty clear nobody wants an invasion of Syria.

What we "anti-Obama" people will be saying is thats its evident Obama has no choice but to back down since the entire world and his own population have gone against him. He is just a slimy piece of sh!t now because he is trying to tell people this was his plan!

he is a liar!!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

sonnny1

If America does something, we are hated.

If America does nothing, we are hated.

And that's the damn truth.

i see why you might think that...but I dont think its a case of whatever America does is wrong....its a case of them always doing the wrong thing.

In most situations there is a right way to deal with it...but America always does the wrong thing because your leaders are corrupt cowardly liars with an agenda that does not include anybody elses interests.

Not saying my government is any better though.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Europe certainly does look "impotent and enfeebled".

What did Obama do?

On the first legitimate reason to do something about the attrocities in Syria, Obama ordered the U.S. fleet into the area, and began rallying congress to approve an invasion.

Shortly afterwards, Syria and their ally Russia agreed to international monitors, and the elimination of the chemical weapons stockpiles.

This is a heck of a lot more than anyone else has done.

Who is retreating on the issue? Let's look at world news.

english.alarabiya.net...

A Syrian rebel commander criticized on Tuesday a Russian plan for Syria to surrender its chemical weapons to avoid a Western military attack as a “dirty deal” and an international maneuver.
Taking chemical weapons from President Bashar al-Assad “would serve Israel, not the Syrian people,” he said.

Oops, looks like Putin wasn't looking far enough ahead.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The pan-Arab paper Al-Quds al-Arabi says President Obama has left "all options open", and independent Al-Arab al-Alamiyah believes Obama won a "small victory" over Syria through the prospect of putting the country's arsenal under international monitoring.

Exactly.

edit on 11-9-2013 by poet1b because: typo

America wasnt trying to invade Syria to save Syrians! the sooner you learn that the better.....for you...not for me

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Funny how THIS seems to fit with whats happening very well. It was recorded in 2007

edit on 12-9-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Yeah..
it is like this.. comedy but kind of true..

Geee...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Ah, you do realize that the whole "turning over of chemical weapons" thing was a gaff by Kerry, and was for several days stated to be a gaff.
The Tyrant 0bama didn't propose any such deal.

Putin is the only one that has any credibility on this, as he is the only one that is actually a leader in any sense.

For 0bama to take credit, is like the kid in the college group doing a project, and he does nothing but sit in the corner and play on his phone. Only to later take credit for the project.

And no, we should not invade, nor should we provide aid in any form. It is a civil war within a sovereign country. They need to deal with it.

And I believe that the Tyrant 0bama was the one pushing for a military strike. I do love how, just like 0bama, the supporters will grasp ay anything to make him look good.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by seabag

This is a major victory for Obama.

Russia blinked, and put out the flag of truce.

The people who hate Obama will always hate Obama. If Obama were to end all wars for all time, the people who hate Obama would still hate Obama, and blame him for all their problems and all the problems in the world.

However, most people, who are sane, will recognize this as a great move on the part of Obama. Clearly Obama is willing to make a stand against chemical weapons, even though it made him unpopular with the people who support him, and willing to change when a peace offer is made, to avert war.

It is a major diplomatic victory for Obama.

I disagree. This is not a major victory... It is a Victory for Obama regardless because if Russia didn't do what it did, it wouldn't have given Obama a scapegoat. Obama would have continued to look horrible to all and not just his hatters. Putin made himself look really good while giving Obama a chance to save face. If Obama wasn't able to save face this time around we don't know what would have happened.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by xuenchen

Putin is former KGB and a Stalinist commie all the way.

Assuming the majority of voters still support Obama, I wonder who gets a better approval rating now ?

And yet conservatives, who claim to be patriots, are falling all over themselves in their posts on this thread to er, a, praise Putin the former communists, as you do in your own post. As I have pointed out many times, free market economics is communism, renamed. It seems when the free market people aren't busy praising Russia, they are busy praising China.

The ICBs own Russia more than any major developed country, and it is the ICBs who sell the whole free market communist propaganda.

One of these days, if things don't change, some conservative is going to be standing in a very long line hoping to buy tp, with his or her corporate script, and slap a palm up against their forehead, when it dawns on them how badly they have been had.

Nothing is stopping the West or the Saudis from building a pipeline through Iraq, so the whole pipeline claim doesn't add up.

You keep insinuating that anyone that doesnt agree with you is in some way mentally deficient or a closet commie. You keep attacking the messengers and NOT the messages.
To you it would seem that life vs death is a matter of left vs right, conservative vs liberal.
I say no, its a matter of good vs evil, life vs death, WW3 or no WW3, sense vs insanity.
I think some people dont realise that if WW3 did break out, you wont be at home watching it on tv, you will be watching it up close and personal, because it would require a mass conscription.

Yes I agree its a crazy world when our "enemies" are speaking more sense and truth than our "friends".
But hey I didnt make the situation, our "friends" and "enemies" both did.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Are you serious? A victory for Obama? His controllers desparately wanted war, and they still do - and no doubt they will invent new ways to achieve that end. Probably with new false flags.

In the meantime Obama, who was given a simple instruction - "Invade Syria" has fumbled the ball so badly, his ass is showing and he has zero credibility after trying to run with his BS chemical attack by Assad false flag baloney.

The analogy making the rounds is Obama is playing checkers, and Putin is playing chess. Obama doesnt even understand the rules and is being outclassed.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Seriously, your take on it all is out of this world.

Firstly, any chemical attacks were made by the terrorists.
The video's of the dead have been assessed as fabricated by UN experts.
The terrorists are sponsored, trained and armed by the US and its ME allies.
The terrorists are mainly NOT Syrians, they came from other ME nations.
This is not a civil war, it is a nation under terrorist attack by US and ME sponsors.
The foreign terrorists are mainly AL QUIADA.
The US is sponsoring Al Quiada to attack a secular govt that has protected minority religious groups, that are now being slaughtered by the Al Quiada terrorists - including Christians.

The US objectives are destabilization, and radicalization of Syria - leading to mass murder and civil war.

The US is fighting Al Quiada in Afghanistan, the US accuses Al Quiada of the 911 attacks.

The US was going to bomb Syria on false pretenses because its Al Quiada terrorists were not achieving their objectives of total destablization of Syria - including assassination of the Assad govt.

No matter what Kerry and Obama do from this point, they are criminals - filthy war criminals - they should be hanged.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

No matter what Kerry and Obama do from this point, they are criminals - filthy war criminals - they should be hanged.

Yeah agree, but first, when is bush hanging?

Oh right.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join