It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama takes a victory lap!!!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Why not? Just because you try to trick the public so they think about something else, doesnt mean that they are going to forget the bs you did yesterday.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

sonnny1
reply to post by poet1b

What the Hell has Obama done for the innocent victims in Syria these past 2 years ?

NOTHING !

Victory Lap?

More like dancing in the dark.

I am waiting for his Presidential speech on killing children with drone strikes, and killing US Citizens overseas.....

I was thinking the same thing. Not to mention, his rhetoric wasn't changed BY him. It was change FOR him by Russia. Nothing of his doing or his choosing. The language and absolutes stated by Kerry and Obama himself last week didn't leave room for this outcome. Period. That makews the fact it wasn't HIS to choose so painfully clear, it's anything but victory. It's defeat with as good a face as Obama can manage.

Even his speech was obviously a hodge podge of crap thrown together to meet a previously established commitment for a speech...not that he still had anything worth telling the nation. It showed. He was filling time in as awkward a speech as I've ever seen our 'master orator' give.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Obama supporters, Putin saved Obumas @ss,,,, Live with it.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
So when the English voted against it, we were laughed at and told we were cowards and the 'special relationship' was damaged.

Now, Obama is trying to claim a victory for doing the same thing, but not even letting it get to the vote where he knew he'd be beaten, and he's a hero?

But for our Parliament the war would have already started.

Obama has won nothing that I can see. Putin has got what he wanted...his pipeline, chemical weapons not in the hands of radical Muslims, and America look weak, split and ineffectual in the eyes of the world.

If this is what you claim as a victory, I'd hate to see what you think of as a loss.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

it is because your government can not resist interfering in other countries regimes
you dictate to these countries and if they do not obey , you attack them .

the biggest danger to our planet is not terrorists or islamic fundamentalists it is the american government.

you say we must help the people of these countries , we must remove their governments in order to protect them .

but how does bombing and murdering the citizens achieve this ?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

the US supramatie is based on armed dictatorship.....Obama will never risk an confrontation with Russia...
poetin gaved him an clean way out for his retoric...

bravo Russia ...
for the US is the old saying "once an liyer Always an liyar" (irak)

the big loosers in this idiot wargame are all country's supporting the so called rebels !

edit on 11-9-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by sonnny1

Many think they know Obama's own opinions better than Obama, because the guy on the radio told them so.

Some people will believe anything.

Then there are those who are for withdrawing troops from around the globe, and the end to supporting the global corporate?

I don't know about you, but it seems to me that this man's actions are pretty high profile and not only do we get statements from him on his web site, but he is even so popular that he gets to go on TV and address the nation! We get to see what he does and why he does it first hand. Don't know what year you live in where the "guy on the radio" tells you what to do....

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

poet1b
reply to post by ColCurious

Got any sources to back up your claims.

Sure: (not my claims btw...)

Covert Drone War (The Bureau of Investigative Journalism)

Living Under Drones (Stanford International Human Rights & Conflict Resolution Clinic)

poet1b:

No doubt you think the Taliban is fine and dandy, killing school girls for going to school.

I actually think they are scum.

poet1b:

I will say one thing, it is time for the U.S. to pull out of the Middle East completely.

Great idea. And while you're at it, would you mind also leaving our homeland anytime soon?
There is this rumour that Hitler recently died...
edit on 11-9-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

poet1b
This is a major victory for Obama, and Putin. They get to claim credit for making a difference, without ever having to put boots on the ground.

Heck NO it's not a major victory for Obama. He looks like a complete fool and he makes America look stupid. Obama wanted to bomb Syria. He wanted to help the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda. He wanted to go in without anyone's approval. He wanted to go in with a bunch of foreign help. But what he got was America saying 'hell no' ... a congress that was about to say 'hell no' ... foreign countries saying 'not a chance' ... and what Obama's buddies got was him throwing them under the bus after he used them to try to push his pro-muslim-brotherhood agenda ... and Putin is coming across as saving the world from World War III while Obama is the DOLT that brought us to the edge of it.

edit on 9/11/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

No matter how you try to spin it Obama and Kerry looked like complete buffoons and Putin called the shots. I'm very glad there is not going to be yet another war started by Obama.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

There is still a lot of negotiating on the logistics of this plan, imo it won't even get off the ground simply because of bruised ego's, this is the sad reality.
edit on 11-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I'm curious.

What will you post when we DO attack Syria?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Tinkerpeach
reply to post by poet1b

Or you could say that Obama wanted to strike Syria but didn't have the skill to make his case either to foreign governments or his own people and it was Putin who was being diplomatic and offering a peaceful resolution to the crisis.

Obama had no choice but to accept Putin's offer since his attempt to build a coalition of support failed completely.

I think this is how Obama will be remembered. Throughout this whole process, Obama has pushed for military action at every turn not offering any notion of a peaceful way out and it wasn't until Putin came along with the offer that Obama changed his tune.

None of that remotely happened but that's how he'll be remembered huh?
I sure hope you are not writing our history books.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Yeah, clearly Putin is now the hero of US conservatives.

How far you have come. Keep on pretending that you haven't been brainwashed.

What has anyone done to save the children of Syria.

Personally, I think it's time the US turned in its sheriff badge, and let someone else take on that dirty job.

As an American, I am tired of being blamed for the dirty deeds of the ICBs, and everything else that goes wrong on this planet.

Time to back out for awhile, and leave the everyone to their own devices.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

well how far back do you want to go Korea, NAM, WW1, ohhh I know en.wikipedia.org... where is the Rough Riders when you need them.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wow I was reading the first page then posted and then read page 6.
So in 5 pages history has been rewritten and Putin saved Obama's butt?
That's absolutely ridiculous.
He can't win with this crowd huh?

How about if it unfolded exactly the same way except
now envision Obama as a white Republican named Tripp Bristol.
Suddenly he's a badass who stood up to China Russia and Syria.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Hi! Reality called. They missed you and was wondering when you'd return.

Creating what-if's to support your argument is as valid as BBQ'ing a picture of a steak.

The fact is, Obama is trying to sell a war against Assad. We haven't gone that far. . . yet. So you may want to hold off on sending that fruit basket of congrats to the Obama administration (in care of MSNBC) until Obama and co. cools down the rhetoric.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Yeah, clearly Putin is now the hero of US conservatives.

Putin is former KGB and a Stalinist commie all the way.

I bet the ultra Left Wing Dings simply love the guy.

Assuming the majority of voters still support Obama, I wonder who gets a better approval rating now ?

Obama or Putin.

This whole fiasco is Left Wing Marxist / Corporatist
[ and yes of course the bankers love it too ! ]

Gazprom is creaming.

The longer it takes to build a ME pipeline to Europe, the stronger Gazprom gets.

Russia wants NO ME pipeline.

The Iran - Iraq - Syrian one, or the Qatar - Saudi one.

Both are a threat to Gazprom until they can buy into one or the other or both.

Gazprom is the biggest natural gas company in the world.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

poet1b

Personally, I think it's time the US turned in its sheriff badge, and let someone else take on that dirty job.

As an American, I am tired of being blamed for the dirty deeds of the ICBs, and everything else that goes wrong on this planet.

The USA has never worn a 'sheriff badge'.

The badge reads 'Muscle for hire'.
edit on 11-9-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

bekod
reply to post by poet1b

well how far back do you want to go Korea, NAM, WW1, ohhh I know en.wikipedia.org... where is the Rough Riders when you need them.

Speaking of the Rough Riders, Teddy Roosevelt said "Speak softly and carry a big stick" The OP keeps talking about how Obama saved the day with his saber rattling. I had to laugh at the title of an article I saw this morning: Speak Loudly and Carry an 'Unbelievably Small' Stick . I almost spit my coffee onto my computer, laughing.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join