It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama takes a victory lap!!!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
This is amusing to see in a way-reminds me of my 2 cats.The female catches a mouse,but a few minutes later we see the male sitting by the corpse,owning it
Happened a few times already,funny thing.Anyway it looks like a major war has been averted,and that is the important thing.
Now we can but wait and watch to see how/where the next attempt will occur/be,to get the war-cashcow in the milking-stall.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

poet1b

The rest of the world has been laughing at the people who listen to the garbage put out by conservative radio stations in thew US for a long time now.

Your true colors are showing. You say you voted against Obama but, more than once you have belittled conservatives. Guess what? I listen to conservative radio and liberal NPR. I look at conservative web sites and liberal web sites. They all have an agenda. I listen to both sides and they BOTH lie. You have yet to admit that both sides are corrupt. You just keep ragging on the conservatives. Look at the liberal lies too.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

"Like Russia and Assad, have no blood on their hands. Who's side are you on?

Im going to give you my answer to that one. _Neither_ I dont need to have a side- because there are all sorts of monsters in that place- I know there are plenty of terror cells and groups there- along with a Murderous 'President' who has killed in the past.

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD I JUMP OVER THAT FENCE?

Its in everyones best NATIONAL SECURITY INTERESTS to NOT JUMP OVER THAT FENCE.

That includes bombs.

They have Allies 'The Russians"- WHo are able to handle this type of problem- they can defuse it with words years before we can with guided missles
Russia is our BEST resource in an international case like this. The UN can send in teams of inspectors and handlers to confiscate and store any and all of their known Chemical Weapons if they want to abide by international law.

What can we do? Send in explosives to maime slaughter and send a point? No thanks-we are ugly enough now as it is. Any sane person knows this, America needs to start making friends-not enemies.

Dont think so? You are kidding yourself.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
oh crap here we go we have been had , big time www.feinstein.senate.gov... from the link

Sep 09 2013
Feinstein on Russia’s Call for UN Destruction of Chemical Weapons

Washington—Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, today released the following statement after Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov called for U.N. supervision and destruction of Syria’s chemical weapons arsenal:

“I have read the announcement by Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov that his country has asked Syria to transfer control of its chemical weapons to international monitors for destruction to prevent an international strike. I would welcome such a move.

“I believe that Russia can be most effective in encouraging the Syrian president to stop any use of chemical weapons and place all his chemical munitions, as well as storage facilities, under United Nations control until they can be destroyed.”

Lavrov was quoted in media reports as saying: “If the establishment of international control over chemical weapons in that country would allow avoiding strikes, we will immediately start working with Damascus. We are calling on the Syrian leadership to not only agree on placing chemical weapons storage sites under international control, but also on its subsequent destruction and fully joining the treaty on prohibition of chemical weapons.”
the play has been made on us , for it was all prearranged , why to get us more involved in the Syria conflict notice the date on this Sep 09 2013

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by kdyam

I think the people who hate Obama no matter what will believe this.

The rest of the world will see that Russia, and their ally, Assad backed down.

Well, the world of Islam will agree with you.

Really? You actually believe this? Assad does not want a US strike. It is still up in the air that he never gassed his people... there is actually more evidence that he did not gas his people and that it was a false flag done by the rebels in order to be able to pin it on Assad and then draw in a US strike. The rebels are killing christians... Assad has allowed christians to live in peace in Syria. The Rebels are comprised of terrorist organizations containing factions of the Al Qaeda.. the Muslim brotherhood... and many... many others who have no patronage to Syria. This is a secular war.. it is no different than the other wars that have been fought in the ME over the past 1200 years... The world of Islam would not agree with me.. the extremists would want to kill me just because I am an American... the others would want to convert me. Russia and Assad did not back down... Dont get me wrong our Military has seen a lot more action in the last 10 years than Russia or Syria combined.. our military has technology that could wipe the floor with them (regardless of what the anti American "Americans" would say) the truth is that we as American citizens dont want a war.. we want to focus on our own country... get people gainfully employed.. create higher paying jobs in the private sector so we can get people off of food stamps, welfare and unemployment. We want to leave the ME to keep doing what is does best... pumping out black gold ... and killing each other in the name of their god.

But it sure is nice to see that you are a in growing minority of those who are faithful shills to TPTB. Have fun!! If you were along with the rest of public opinion then you would see Obozo for what he really is. Unfortunately you seem to have some love for him... he is the girlfriend who chases you around the house with a knife...wanting to kill you with love... ENJOY

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Whos us? This is what needs to be done.

I called it- Ones post above. If this administration was smart- they would allow it to happen.

That means that the US can prevent entering into a larger war.

Thats what is needed. Syria is a bridge war to enter into war with Major countries.

Diplomacy before bombs- my opinion.

"Dont fire until being fired upon". _A Marine Corps Motto. Rules of war.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

This a victory for the american people. A victory for the people in Syria and for the people in what you call "the rest of the World".

The opposition to military action, to the idea that the killing of innocents needs to be punished with more killing of innocents, that other countries can be bombed into submission - the strong opposition to that - is the real victory here. For us in "the rest of World" this is truly encouraging and not very many believe this is a victory for Obama.

I feel very sympathetic for the americans, because on top of everything else they have to put up with people like you - people who are constantly questioning their motives, calling them Obama-haters, Warmongers, right-wing nutjobs, Islam-supporters and committing one logical fallacy after the other, while still believing they'd have an argument.

I don't believe many are in the mood for a victory lap, not now.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Good call op...you can bet that the Obama haters were licking their chops at a ground invasion so they could start comparing him to bush

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Obama should get the douche-bag of the year award. The only problem is that that would be an insult to douche-bags everywhere.

What a pos.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I looked at the Youtube of the speech, it didn't seem right visually. Someone mentioned "green screen" in the comments to follow...so I looked it up.

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

Where is Obama?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

I think this is a victory for everyone who want to avoid escalation, including Obama.

I also add, that if Obama hadn't rattled the sabres, we wouldn't have this new step towards reducing this huge ongoing catastrophe in Syria.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

First off Obama had no business wanting to bomb syria in the first place. Second this was no victory for him. You are just grasping at straws trying to make your hero look good when in reality he is nothing more than a buffoon and the world will be better off once his term as president is over.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kdyam

For me personally it's not so much seeing America as a lauging-stock,it's more a pity thing.When I was a child and a young adult,I envied Americans for being born in America.I don't anymore,for a long time now.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Not one for boasting about my own country, but if it hadn't been for the decision made in the British parliament, the tomahawks and bombs would have been falling on Syria a week ago.

Thank the Brits for averting any military action, despite certain members of our government being the most hawkish over the idea.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
If the goal all along was to get closer to Iran via Syria as well as snatch up more oil & natural gas, well guess what? Russia demolished that plan which means TPTB still don't have what they wanted from this Syrian WMD ruse. This isn't over by a long shot.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
On we sweep, with treshing oar...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

muse7
Good call op...you can bet that the Obama haters were licking their chops at a ground invasion so they could start comparing him to bush

Can you explain which of Bush's foreign policies 0bama has NOT continued?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Lol get ready for more recycled Benghazi conspiracies now that this whole Syria affair seems to be cooling down.

Get ready for more "Obama lied, Americans died" threads . Lol

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Good point, they will still try to suck the U.S. into this mess. That we can count on.

We will have to see how much of a role the US is expected to play.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The goal had been clearly stated - a military strike to punish Assad for the use of chemical weapons - without convincing evidence for who was really responsible for the attack.

Assad hasn't been punished, the 'civil war' is still ongoing and the U.S. admin has made it clear from the start.

"We do not want to tip the scales in the conflict. The World needs to send a message, bombing innocent people is tolerable, we do it all the time, but chemical weapons are not."

Victory?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join