It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama takes a victory lap!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Good on you to bring this up.

Feel free to visist my thread about this topic: Out of Sight, Out of Mind.

It's about a HTML5 visualization that lists all victims of every known drone strike in Pakistan since 2004 (and it is clearly visible that the strikes increased appreciably after Obama took office).

Less than 2% of the victims are high-profile targets. The rest are civilians, children and "alleged combatants".

Obama the peacekeeper... laughable.
edit on 11-9-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

You really need to be educated on world politics and economics. How old are you? There is so much going on in the world.

Trust me - obama/kerry and the US look like fools right now. But, they are probably dancing in their chairs, much like you, because they, too, are ignorant of world politics and economics.

This is really terrifying for those with a bit more knowldege of what is really going on here.

I wanted to add that I am totally against getting militarily involved in that slaughterhouse of the middle east.
edit on 11-9-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

anyone who believes that they don't want to launch attacks on Syria still is delusional.

An all those people who compare Obama to the anti=christ are sane?

No, I don't think Obama wanted to invade Syria, maybe the oil corporations and the bankers (the real power behind the republican party) would like to invade Syria. Or maybe they want civil war in Syria, because it keeps a natural gas pipeline from being built, which keeps prices high in Europe, which is of course good for the oil corps and the banking corps, who own Russia, as well as the U.S..

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

superman2012

I notice you never said, "If Obama does the right thing...". Too big of a leap even for his staunch supporters?

Obama's supporters will take this as a victory, without looking at Obama's own atrocities.

When will his supporters hold his feet to the fire? How many children have to die because of his extensions of Bushes policies?

The elephant in the room is talking.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

poet1b
Looks like the U.S. push for war has paid off. Russia has convinced Assad to agree to turn over chemical weapons.

Obama seizes the moment to put calls for military action on hold.

www.foxnews.com...

President Obama, in a national address originally intended to rally the country behind a strike on Syria, instead used the moment to announce he was hitting pause on military action in order to let negotiations over a Russia-backed plan run their course.

“This initiative has the potential to remove the threat of chemical weapons without the use of force,” Obama said Tuesday night.

This is a major victory for Obama, and Putin. They get to claim credit for making a difference, without ever having to put boots on the ground.

But wait for it, soon the anti-Obama crowd with be claiming about how Obama should have invaded Syria, and calling him a wimp.

edit on 10-9-2013 by poet1b because: typo

No boots on the ground? Obama said that there were no boots on the ground in Libya, too, but that was a lie. He also said that the US would only be providing air support for "his rebels" in Libya yet many of our elite special forces were deployed as "analysts" which allowed Obama to say no boots on the ground.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

ColCurious
reply to post by sonnny1

Good on you to bring this up.

Feel free to visist my thread about this topic: Out of Sight, Out of Mind.

It's about a HTML5 visualization that lists all victims of every known drone strike in Pakistan since 2004 (and it is clearly visible that the strikes increased appreciably after Obama took office).

Less than 2% of the victims are high-profile targets. The rest are civilians, children and "alleged combatants".

Thanks for the link.

Its Pathetic. Chemical weapons and Conventional ones KILL !

All these leaders are Murderers and Hypocrites.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm wondering if it was a victory because they never had to show the public their "proof"? In Iraq they had to show some aluminum tubes and that was good enough. I'm glad the public (for the most part) were against what the overlords wanted them to believe. Obama's character and his "legacy" will be in the history books.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

The problem is this.

Russia sells weapons to Assad.
China sells weapons to Assad.
Iran has boots on the ground.
Obama wants to bomb Syria.

ALL these Nations have blood on their hands.

There is no victory dance. People are still dying!

Right this second People are dying, while OP claims a "Victory Dance".

Pathetic.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

You need to stop listening the right wing radio stations, and start learning about what the rest of the world thinks.

Mostly they think people like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Michael Savage, are all a bunch of extremist nutcases, or clever propagandists who have succeeded in brainwashing a significant percentage of the U.S. population into supporting ideals that are against their own best interests.

Most of the world will applaud this tact by the Obama admin.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

poet1b

Most of the world will applaud this tact by the Obama admin.

We should give Obama another Peace Prize, eh?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

S&F OP but you forgot the most important one the people of the US , for they through Obama have been spared from for now, the war of wars , to bad they can not see it.
Obama did leave out Russia and Iran as a threat if and when we do go in, among other anti US country's that would, in one second, hit us back. He did a very good job at being the POUTS tonight, now if he could only do it for us here at home.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The possibility of the U.S. military attacking Syria has been averted for the time being.

This is victory for those of us who truly support peace.

Those who claim they want peace, but really want the other thing, of course will bellyache, that all the problems of the world haven't been solved yet.

There has always been war in the Middle East. The region does not know peace.

I am happy that U.S. troops will probably not be going into another region in the Middle East.

Why aren't you?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Obama takes a lap alright.

More like a lapse.

This focus on chemical weapons is just a ruse.

Both Russia and the U.S. had the same goal with this issue.

The chemical weapons issue is a major P.I.T.A. for both.

Neither want the U.N. interfering with the Syrian civil war.
[ notice how all past peace efforts have always failed completely ]

Both sides are economically involved with support.

The chemical attacks were most likely done by a 3rd party who was seeing a slight recent advantage to Assad's forces.

They have been successful only in setting back Assad to the rebels' advantage, and continuing the civil war.

Obama gives the PERCEPTION that he is more concerned about 1500 deaths from 'illegal' weapons while at the same time ignoring 100,000+ deaths from 'legal' weapons.

And that absolute farce with Kerry and the 'miracle proposal'.
We knew about the exact plan the night before right here on ATS !!!!

It was a set up Kerry *HAD* to know it was in the works !

Haaretz News had the story before hand. It was being parroted the night before on lesser than MSM sites !!

Member Dianec started a thread Sunday night !!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Gotta love Kerry's acting.

I bet the MSM was told to keep it quiet.

And still nobody has referred to the Haaretz article on big media.

And it's hilarious that Kerry mentioned it like it was some kind of surprise and then the miracle of Russia going 'public' about the 'magic proposal'...just like a rabbit out of a hat.

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad could avoid a U.S. military strike by surrendering all his chemical weapons within a week, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Monday, but immediately made clear he was not making a serious offer. ..............

Kerry: Syrian surrender of chemical arms could stop U.S. attack

And here's a full article citing the Haaretz story -- Published: Sept. 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM .....

DAMASCUS, Syria, Sept. 8 (UPI) -- Syria and its allies, Iran and Russia, are working on a proposal for a power transition that would head off a retaliatory U.S. military strike, Haaretz reports.

The Israeli newspaper said Arab and Iranian media had reported Iranian Parliamentary Committee Chairman Ala al-Din Boroujerdi and Syrian officials had discussed the proposal in recent days and that Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Muallem was expected to go over it with Russian President Vladimir Putin when they meet Monday.

Haaretz said details of the proposal were unknown but allegedly would call for civil war-torn Syria to embark on a democratic transfer of power in stages.

Haaretz reported Putin and al-Muallem also are expected to discuss another proposal in which Syria would transfer its chemical weapons to Russia or another country. U.S.

Iran, Russia, Syria said working on proposal to head off U.S. strike

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

Or you can say, horrible atrocities going on in Syria, but nobody wants to wade into the mess.

Evidence of chemical weapons usage, so somebody had to do something.

Obama stood up and rattled the sabers, called for an attack on Syria, sent in the Navy, even though he knew his supporters would not be for an invasion, and those who hate him would be spraying all over themselves announcing him as the anti-Christ, which they did.

That is showing some political cajones.

Russia backs down, offers a deal, and Obama comes out looking the diplomat.

you are delusional beyond hope.
enjoy your tv news.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

Agreed look to the rhetoric that's being bandied around.
They know that they at least need some public support and will be leaking and planting bits of propaganda , which should tell in which direction they are focused now.

They need an in to Iran and Syria ,( they went to a lot of trouble and considerable exposure with this last stuff up and were prepared to start WW111 , which means it very important to them ), so how are they going to boil the cabbages to move the American public and the world towards that end?

I can think of 4 scenario's another false flag on U.S soil implicating either Syria or Iran.

The possible false flag of an Iranian gas attack on Israel , already rumours out about that one.

Another event in Syria that would turn consensus more directly at Assad.

A manufactured incident with any of the military hardware e.g.; ships, carriers now stationed near and around both Syria and Iran.

A rebel launch of a missile towards Israel from inside a known Assad Government controlled area.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by sonnny1

The possibility of the U.S. military attacking Syria has been averted for the time being.

This is victory for those of us who truly support peace.

Those who claim they want peace, but really want the other thing, of course will bellyache, that all the problems of the world haven't been solved yet.

There has always been war in the Middle East. The region does not know peace.

I am happy that U.S. troops will probably not be going into another region in the Middle East.

Why aren't you?

Im not happy that those who say they want "peace", use Obama as their poster child for it!

You are obviously an Obama supporter, so tell me.

WHY has Obama continued Bushes Policies concerning the ME ?

WHY is Obama allowing drone strikes, knowing they are killing innocent people ?

WHY has his supporters turned a blind eye to it ?

WHEN did Obama supporters turn into Bush Supporters?

We shouldn't be ANYWHERE in the ME. Take care of the United States first. We have enough problems here to take care of, coincidentally Obama isn't doing a damn thing for his own Country!

edit on 342013999131 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

So tell us what do you have as a solution, a bombing campaign or more UN Sanctions ? just asking ,but i do want to see what you got to say , before you ask Male 48, What Obama did is what was need to be done let Diplomacy run its course, besides Kerry made the suggestion, Russia Syria went for it.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Got any sources to back up your claims.

No doubt you think the Taliban is fine and dandy, killing school girls for going to school. Al Jazeera blames every terrorist attack in the Middle East on the U.S.

I will say one thing, it is time for the U.S. to pull out of the Middle East completely.

I would be happy to see the Monroe document reinstated. Pull all the troops back, put the money into the reserves, and free college for all who serve.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
So...

Now that Obama has saved the world and averted a crisis, do you think he could release the photos of Osama bin Laden's corpse?

The only reason I ask is that we're being told it's being withheld because it's too graphic. But Obama and the administration have been playing live footage of children dying from chemical exposure on constant loop in an attempt to win support for his ridiculous claims about Syria. Surely live footage of children dying is far more graphic than one pic of a dead terrorist.

Unless of course, they don't HAVE any pics...

Regards,
Rewey

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

So what is your career path?

You running for POTUS in 2016? You out walking the Earth in Afghanistan?

You think you have the right to slam Obama, what are you doing that even comes close?

Maybe you're just jealous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join