It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strike on Syria is unavoidable at this juncture?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
So Russia calls off the UN meeting today because it stresses that there can't be an attack plan on the table.
rt.com...

Basically the way I read it Obama must retract the threat of attacking completely (for the chems to be moved/destroyed.

Obama says that the threat will remain on the table.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I can't see Obama backing away anymore that he has already

I don't see Putin budging much either on this one...

Too many anomalies on the table if the UN or whoever enters the theater to control the chems with the threat of war minutes away.

So the chems dont get taken out due to political haggling in the UN and the administration loses patience.

Throw into that the continued violence of the civil war, mix in another wmd or atrocity ..
-there you have it.

edit on 10-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

This is what I thought would be understood in the president address thread.. I guess they didn't hear somehow. Many seem confused into thinking that Russia and USA are going to talk and then no strikes will happen.

Sure if this was all about chemical weapons that would be a likely scenario.

But like I have been saying there will be strikes, the only hold up is that Syria has way too many chemical missiles that could be aimed at Israel and others.

Obama wants them disarmed and then attacked. It's not either or he wants both.

...Timidly awaiting next play..

Russia has done well for their side stalling all this. A battle for allegiance of Syria. Will it fall to the west, or does Russia keep it? Future economies hang in the balance.
edit on 9/10/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

This fiasco has nothing to do with chemical weapons or chilren dying - it has everything to do with the US dollar and the USD-petro dollar, and the western banking system.

Every god-forsaken country on this earth has "chemical weapons" of some sort - and God knows children are dying all over the world at the hands of tyrants/murderers.

The debt ceiling is coming up in the US in a few weeks - the "gov't" wants to keep spending money it doesn't have - what a great excuse to "borrow" more "imaginary" money than for the "children">

I ask you - how many children are going to die when we lob missiles at Syria? Please, have some common sense, and don't allow our idiotic gov't to kill more innocent people in third world countries (Syria wasn't a third world country until the alciada agents went in creating chaos - just like they did in Egypt, Libya, Iraq, ect.)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Completely avoidable and unlikely at this point. Russia is desperate to avoid US strikes because it will reveal that Russia is completely helpless. Their will be some debate on minor things and then weapons will be taken and destroyed. Assad has no choice but to follow Russia wishes. The US has been looking for a way to avoid doing anything and this gives them their out. Russia gets to keep selling Assad arms and also keeps selling the rebels arms via the Arab states. In a way everybody wins. Well except for Assad but, he is in a no win situation of his own making.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Yes, the Russians have played a good hand. In my opinion, Putin is a natural leader, who puts Obama to shame.

I can't believe my country's leaders are so war hungry. It's a sad day when you look up to leaders of other countries to make the right decisions.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Dustytoad

This is what I thought would be understood in the president address thread.. I guess they didn't hear somehow. Many seem confused into thinking that Russia and USA are going to talk and then no strikes will happen.

Sure if this was all about chemical weapons that would be a likely scenario.

But like I have been saying there will be strikes, the only hold up is that Syria has way too many chemical missiles that could be aimed at Israel and others.

...Timidly awaiting next play..

Russia has done well for their side stalling all this. A battle for allegiance of Syria. Will it fall to the west, or does Russia keep it? Future economies hang in the balance.
edit on 9/10/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

I understand the need for the US to bring the middle east back to a pegged dollar, but an attack on Syria any time in the next 10 years is out of the question without direct aggression from Syria against the US.

Syria offered to give up their chemical weapons today. They are obviously not acting aggressively unless the futile position has developed tact, don't you think?

Obama claimed he could do it if he wanted to but respected the government enough to wait for congressional support. He spoke confidently that he would get the support. Then he asked congress to wait on casting a vote, but assured the US people that removing Assad is the right thing to do.

Something extremely big would have to occur within a month to smoke screen any new bogus evidence from the White house. They cannot keep ships there waiting for orders forever.

Although I respect Putin for his posture and patients, I am not so sure i want to see where this is going now that Obama is forced to act in desperation and in short time.

It goes away for a decade, or we are in for a roller coaster.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This is the life-line that Obama needed and he went for it

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I thought the recent meeting called by Russia was canceled because Kerry and Lavrov want to meet in Geneva on Thursday.

Let's not forget that we still haven't seen any solid evidence for the "official reason" for an attack on Syria...
and yet, the French resolution at the U.N includes an explicit condemnation of a chemical weapons attack by Assad.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Dustytoad

Exactly. We did it to Saddam and Gaddafi; now we will do it to Assad. This "solution" will only draw things out. I think the U.S. government has already made up its mind and now it's just about finding an opportunity to execute that plan. This isn't anywhere near over.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

AlliumIslelily

Dustytoad

Exactly. We did it to Saddam and Gaddafi; now we will do it to Assad. This "solution" will only draw things out. I think the U.S. government has already made up its mind and now it's just about finding an opportunity to execute that plan. This isn't anywhere near over.

Agreed. This is what false flags are made for. "Assad"—or possibly "Iran"—will do something absurdly stupid (whatever TPTB have dreamt up as a Plan B), and it'll be on again. I'm telling you, they need this war. They've completely run out of methods and time to prop up the dollar....

Hmm. Quote function is malfunctioning.[/editby
edit on 9/11/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I agree with you-and a strike by America would now say to the entire planet in no uncertain terms-no matter What any other nation does to try+broker a peaceful solution-no matter that the Syrian government is co-operating to try and avert war-in fact no matter what any nation/leader does,however they twist+turn+run themselves ragged to avoid a war..We jolly well want a war,and a war we shall have.
I think a strike on Syria is utterly avoidable-just don't friggin do it,for God's sake.

About a false flag soon,I see many members are expecting that-not impossible-BUT if an atrocity/next 9/11 had to happen soon Now-and a reason is derived out of that to strike Syria,won't that be overplaying one's hand to a preposterous extent? I mean,that could turn into the event that finally starts opening the eyes of the whole human race-surely they must see that?That there comes a point where your agendas become transparent because your way of operating has become so blatant and unmistakable that it serves against you instead of For you-and billions start waking up instead of millions.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

(Reuters) - Syria's President Bashar al-Assad said he would only finalise plans to abandon his chemical arsenal when the United States stopped threatening to attack him, in an interview broadcast on Thursday. Syria applied on Thursday to sign up to the global treaty on chemical weapons, a major first step in a Russian-backed plan that would see Damascus give up its stocks of poison gas to avert U.S. military strikes. Assad told Russian state television he was ready to take further steps - including handing over information on stockpiles - but added the process would not be completed until Washington stopped its threats.

www.reuters.com...

-Not gonna happen. It just won't. No way they'll put their attack plan in their back pocket and leave the Med..

new topics

top topics

active topics

join