It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado waits for results in first ever recall election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The voting is now over in Colorado, and are now waiting for the results to be counted.

Quick background on this first ever recall election - After Colorado passed new gun control laws, these 2 State Senators faced being recalled for voting for the new laws. The 2 Senators are John Morse and Angela Giron.

Here's 2 sites that have live updates on the numbers.

data.denverpost.com...

www.krdo.com...

With 70% reporting...

52.1% Yes for recall of Morse
47.8% No for recall of Morse

So far there's only a few hundred votes tallied for Giron. Not much can be seen there yet.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Well, it looks like Morse concedes defeat. Saw the headline chance on the krdo.com live update link. (Took a screengrab)

Im still only seeing 3% of votes being reported.
edit on 10-9-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Another quick update from the Denver Post link. Another screengrab. The number of "Yes" votes now outnumber "No" on Giron, 25% reporting.

ETA - Now 43% reporting, and "Yes" votes are pulling ahead.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well, it now looks like Giron is getting the boot to.

62% reporting
Yes - 60%
No - 40%

Before the voting began today, it seemed more likely that Morse would lose, but not by too much. It was also assumed Giron would be pretty safe, maybe 50/50 or a little more edge than Morse. She's definitely losing much more than originally anticipated.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

These are going to be 2 more republican seats in the federal US Senate from Colorado? Replacing 2 democrat seats?

Maybe they can impeach obama now - and get rid of the gun control agenda? That would be a godsend for our country.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It's been very long since I've been proud of my fellow Colorado voters.

Good riddance to two gun-grabbing infringers.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Happy1

These are going to be 2 more republican seats in the federal US Senate from Colorado? Replacing 2 democrat seats?

Maybe they can impeach obama now - and get rid of the gun control agenda? That would be a godsend for our country.

These are Colorado State Senate seats. I wish some at the Federal level could be recalled.

Im also hoping this sends a message to Democrats that are currently elected in red leaning areas. If they vote for more gun restrictions, the people will hit back and vote you out of office. The anti-gunners sometimes forget about how passionate people are about firearm rights.

ETA - Here's the unofficial results for Morse, 100% reported now. (BTW - He's also the Senate President)

YES: 9,094 51%
NO: 8,751 49%

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

OK - they're state senate seats. Happy for Colorado residents.

I'm from Wisconsin and lived through the union recall of Walker as state governor - who ended up re-elected with a larger margin. Thank God.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Happy1

No, this is the Colorado state senate. But this is sure to send shivers down the spines of the gun grabbers. Or it would if they had spines.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

But this is sure to send shivers down the spines of the gun grabbers. Or it would if they had spines.

This whole gun-rights-restriction effort keeps backfiring on them, except for the downhill no matter what states California and New York. Nothing was able to be done at the Federal level. (I don't see any of Obama's executive actions actually doing anything in regards to restricting gun ownership). Pro-gun states passed quite a few pro-gun measures, Illinois no-ccw policy was ruled unconstitutional, and now the anti-gun crowd in Colorado is finally feeling the will of their voters.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yup, this just in - Giron is recalled as well. Final unofficial votes are :

YES: 19,355 56%
NO: 15,201 43%
100% reporting.

ETA - This is pretty historic for Colorado. This is the first time a sitting Senator (and in this case, the Senate President), has been recalled......but!!!....it's not just 1, it's 2! Quite a way to make history there, Colorado.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This was also a grass-roots campaign to oust these 2. They were undermanned, and severely underfunded.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Strong turnout was expected in a contest that pits the well-financed Democrats against highly motivated gun owners. About $3.5 million has been spent on the two recalls, much of it coming from out-of-state gun-control backers like New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg.

An analysis published Monday by the Denver Post found that the Democrats have outspent the recallers by a margin of nearly 7 to 1.

7 to 1.....Dang. I guess money cant protect everything, eh Mr. Bloomberg?

“We don’t have nearly as many people as they do, but we’ve been underfunded, undermanned and underestimated from the beginning, and we’ve still got a chance,” said Morse recall organizer Rob Harris. “We have a chance because Morse didn’t listen.”

Again, some politicians forget how passionate people are about the 2nd amendment.

Figures released Tuesday afternoon by county clerks show Republicans held the edge in the Morse recall in Colorado Springs, while Democrats dominated voting in the Giron recall in Pueblo.

What a massive fail for the Giron campaign.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

buni11687
These are Colorado State Senate seats. I wish some at the Federal level could be recalled.

ETA - Here's the unofficial results for Morse, 100% reported now. (BTW - He's also the Senate President)

YES: 9,094 51%
NO: 8,751 49%

Does anyone else think its odd that MOST of our elections are supposedly decided by a difference of 1 or 2%?

I mean more people signed the actual petition than voted...

The secretary of state's office verified that 10,137 registered voters in Senate District 11 - west and central Colorado Springs - signed a petition to recall Morse through a election.

So there should have been a MINIMUM of 10,137 votes in favor. Its much more difficult to get a name, address and signature than it is to go hit a button.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I saw this when it was first posted. I didn't reply because I didn't know what to say.

Now that it is pretty much said and done let me just say YAY! The voice of the people has been heard.

I only hope that they get some one who doesn't want to dictate to them how they should live.

We should recall Obama!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

That's nice to see in a couple of fairly safe Democrat districts, especially given how much money Bloomberg dumped into it and ultimately wasted. With any luck, this is a preview of the 2014 midterms and people will start kicking these people out of office nationwide.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
These two democrats getting the boot remind me of pigeons playing chess.. They knock over all the pieces and poop all over the board and then strut around like they won something.. (what they were doing when they were organizing against the will of the people)..

I love seeing losers like these two get kicked to the curb... The ones that would really be exciting to see would be the real dangerous ones like Reid, and our Marxist president, Obama and his huge team of felonious communist worshiping appointees..

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Its much more difficult to get a name, address and signature than it is to go hit a button.

not exactly.

The petitions come to you (the busy American) in the grocery store parking lot (for weeks), door to door, etc..

voting is delivered like dominos pizza.. petitions are.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Way to go Colorado!! I remember seeing this, and wishing for the people to win, and looks like they did!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join