It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEAR AND LOATHING: The Last Days of the Middle East

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
FEAR AND LOATHING: The Last Days of the Middle East
Written by Scully Tindalos
9 September 2013

Part One

It’s 11.35 on this warm mid-summer night, drinking Russian Standard in a fine crystal glass courtesy of Syria’s high class hotel. My room overlooked the ocean and somewhere in the depths of the darkness US Naval Warships were strategically moving into a defensive position on behalf of the Obama Administration, which seemed very distant at the moment. So here I am with a mission to write this manuscript reporting this whole SNAFU as an independent observer for the magazine Ghastly! who had paid for this suite on the 14th floor. Overall it seems that the US Government strongly desires to retaliate and regulate Assad and the rest of his mob regarding the production and use of Chemical Weapons. UN Inspectors who had previously been granted approval now faced the traps of bureaucracy. Likewise did David Cameron the Prime Minister of the UK Government shouting out for immediate vengeance. After that things got interesting real fast.

The vote went sideways to Cameron’s expectations and lost the vote to authorize military aide with the US. It must have been quite a shock to him to be suddenly aware of the public dissent which had now become very real. So here I am stuck for all intent and purposes writing as to what unfolds over the next few days which probably means I’ll be here for at least two weeks having to observe and reflect this rotten drama. It’s a human drama filled with the creeping dread you feel when you spook yourself suddenly jerking your mind sideways. The locals are scared I can be sure of that and those that can get out do so, selling pretty much everything as they scurry towards the boarders and some kind of safe haven. And then there’s the crooks and hustlers taking advantage of the chaos to make a tidy profit for interested parties. I saw a couple of them in the bar earlier tonight as returned from gathering the necessary intelligence reports, which now were spread all over the dining table.

join