It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Matrix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
First, the matrix, to me, consists of 6 billion different points of view in which all agree to agree which keeps the matrix going. Life before the matrix consisted not of 6 billion realities but of one reality shared by all individual parts of the Source. Let me explain why I say this.

A collective consciousness (oneness of mind) which is connected with the consciousness of matter (yes matter has consciousness too) would result in the creation of one reality, not 6 billion realities or points of view. Realities are formed as adapation to ones environment, but in the aforementioned state of consciousness, there is no environment because the individual is the environment. Therefore this collective consciousness will create its own environment and reality. This is what happens in dreams.

And according to some of the messages given by ETs through channelers, the ET crew are collective and drive their ships by linking their consciousness with the consciousness of the ship and projecting it to the desired destination...and notice that they share the same objective and reality when their consciousness is collective with each other and matter.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by rosepetal]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
A matrix is defined as nothing more than a two-dimentional array; a grid, if you will, with each subscript containing specific data so it can be easily accessed, enumerated, sorted, or manipulated programatically.

0 1 2 3 4
----------------------
0 a b c d e

1 f g h i j

2 k l m n o

3 p q r s t

4 u v w x y

In this example, say the array was called "myarray", myarray[0][0] would equal a, and myarray[1][4] would equal v, and soforth.

But, obviously, you are referencing the movie, "The Matrix", by the Wachowski brothers, who used much of the premise of the book, "Neuro mancer", written in 1984 by William Gibson.

Anyhow, that being said, if I read what you are saying correctly, you are saying that The Matrix is an incorrect adaptation of a collective consciousness. You are correct. The Matrix is not a collective consciousness. A "collective consciousness" is one which all thoughts of all individuals are shared ... and, actually, a place where all individuality is lost. Brings a whole new definition to "I think, therefore I am", eh?

No, The Matrix is a world, much like a computer game -- let's say, Counter-Strike. The world receives input fom our minds (or in cstrike: keyboard, mouse) and responds accordingly by instructing our minds (the client computer) to change the way we perceive the world. The Matrix central computer (the cstrike server) keeps track of all minds (models, if you will) and their positions and relays them to all the others in view of such minds.

Think of "The Matrix" as being a computer game world in which you are actually in. That is all it is. It is not collective consciousness, per se, but complete sensory immersion.

You're still left to thinking your own thoughts and making your own decisions.

In a collective consciousness, there is no such thing as individual thought.

[EDIT] My post doesn't contain a space between "neuro" and "mancer" above. Must be the filter? Why??

[edit on 11/13/2004 by Cryus]

new topics

join