It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9-11 what time did you hear about it my story

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

thought it was weird a while ago. Did a google search and couldn't find anything being reported in any NZ news sites before 6am NZ time. This search was done about 10 years after though.
Another strange thing is , the building 7, that wasn't reported with footage till sometime in the afternoon, when it should have been around the time I was watching the "live" secound plane.
edit on 24-9-2013 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

ZeussusZ
reply to post by geobro

thought it was weird a while ago. Did a google search and couldn't find anything being reported in any NZ news sites before 6am NZ time. This search was done about 10 years after though.
Another strange thing is , the building 7, that wasn't reported with footage till sometime in the afternoon, when it should have been around the time I was watching the "live" secound plane.
edit on 24-9-2013 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)
. when you do search you will find it has been cleaned up all the bbc tv footage in the u.k has gone and now the world news clips without the time stamp remain as the only evidence . if only someone that day had stuck a video in this film scene that is going on but i think it would have soon been taken down from youtube .

i have pointed this out to people i have met over the years from overseas america /australia /new zealand spain etc .

our memories are all that remain but i have thrown will you bet your life on it when somebody comes back and states they heard about it in the a.m in the u.k .

not a nice thing to look into a man's eye's and say you are wrong it could not have been even when you know he is right .

i have seen that look hundreds of times now it is the look you get when you buy a lemon for a car /get sold a piece of crap .

america has traitors within it and they will act again but this time on a bigger scale .

they already have the worlds media inhand and a cast of thousands ready for the next big thing coming .

but when you hear a city has been nuked i do not think you will be to sure to believe the goverments version now

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

It was a little after 9. I was in second period in a 4 period day when school started at 7:05

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

whatnext21

I think the thing that really hit my country was how the planes were all grounded and re-routed to Gander Newfoundland and how Canadians helped comfort those displaced people while an atrocity was occurring in their homelands and was not over.
edit on 9/10/2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

I felt compelled to reply to this. I'm an American and I'm not going to recount where I was and blah blah blah..but I will say this..regarding your first line quoted above.I remember about 5pm EST that Tuesday,about 8 hours or so after the first plane hit...being at work and my friend and I taking a break at work to smoke....and noticing how quiet the air traffic was. Funny how you don't notice something unless it's gone.Almost like you take it for granted.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I was in the US (Chicago) at the time and heard it right when I got into work. Guy told me "a plane crashed into the WTC 'and another one is on the way'" - and I immediately said "A TERRORIST ATTACK?".

This may be noteworthy to mention that I personally immediately 'knew' that it was one because obviously some people were unsure UNTIL the second plane hit.

I remember very well that on this day (or in this week?) there was some kind of trial scheduled in NYC (?) with an Al Quada member. Strangely, after 9/11 I never heard about this again but this was the main reason that I concluded right away that 9/11 was a terrorist attack.

I also want to mention that experiencing this in the US was especially eery since we lived not far from O'Hare airport. Having all the planes grounded and no plane in the sky...along with the unreal nice weather on this day..was just...unreal. I also want to mention that my wife was employed at United Airlines, she almost lost it when she found out an United plane was involved.

edit on 22013R000000TuesdayAmerica/Chicago20AMTuesdayTuesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I heard at it shortly after 9 am, in real time .

Working in NJ when boss came to our office just after 9am and said two planes had crashed in WTC and buildings
were on fire. My partner and me told him that was pretty sick joke

Said wasn't a joke . They had heard of first plane crashing into WTC and had gone to side of building facing NYC

My boss was with about 2 dozen of our co-workers watched as second plane smashed other tower

Went upstairs to 5th floor with clear view of Manhattan and watched for next 45 minutes as buildings burned
until dust and smoke from collapse of South tower preventin us from seeing the North Tower

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
this is one for european people guys or outside of the usa as you will see by other peoples posts earlier they report seeingor hearing about this event when it had not even happened in the usa .

and all it would take is someone with a video camera on any street corner anywhere to get this across to the masses

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I watched the 2nd tower hit live so i'd say...right away.

When I saw the first tower collapse I knew.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I HATE TO BRING THIS UP AGAIN PEOPLE BUT THIS IS A THREAD FOR THOSE OUTSIDE OF THE U.S.A TO PLAY .

GO BACK AND READ MY ORIGINAL POST TO UNDERSTAND DO NOT POST YOUR TIME OF HEARING ABOUT IT IF YOU WERE IN AMERICA JUST READ ALONG .

5.40 AM IN NEW YORK THAT WAS ON BRIT T.V ON THE DAY OF SEPTEMBER THE 11TH BUT THE PLANES DID NOT HIT TO NEARLY 9 AM .

THINK ABOUT THAT BEFORE YOU POST PEOPLE .

NOW GO BACK TO WHAT EVER YOU WERE DOING

edit on 19/10/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I was working ATC at RAF Lakenheath at the time. Base Operations called up and told us about between Between 1 and 2 pm. Said they were watching it on TV. I don't recall the exact time of the phone call, but I know it was toward the end of my dayshift witch ended at 2pm.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Baldryck
I was working ATC at RAF Lakenheath at the time. Base Operations called up and told us about between Between 1 and 2 pm. Said they were watching it on TV. I don't recall the exact time of the phone call, but I know it was toward the end of my dayshift witch ended at 2pm.
as you have noticed by the time someone picked up a phone to you many minutes had passed .

and the first plane could not have hit in this country until 1.47 pm then by the time the brain kicks in and plays with the info say 2pm .

a lot of people that i have talked to seem to remember it being the a.m that the news put it out .

that is why i ask people to ASK AROUND you know sensible people they know and ask them that question ?? .

play nice with them
as it scxxxs with their heads when you ask them would they bet their lifes on it when you tell them to take away -[ where ever you are in relation to new york ] minus 5 is my answer and the time i saw it on t.v was 11 20 am .

the eyes have it you notice when you play this game 1000+ times

i worked a 2 air bases in scotland hard places to get into mirrors under the van etc any irish in the family etc .

ask aruond should be a bored game

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
Wow!,

just give me a moment or two to debunk this nonsense so it can either be moved to the Hoax Bin on the LOL forum.

So the OP is claiming that

on the day of 9-11 i arrived home after weeks away the television was on for the dog [ he watched t.v ] it was 11.20 am and it was on the t.v then but but but that is 6 .20 am in new york .

Now aside for the fact that the OP's dog can watch tv, lets move on to another small factual error, the OP claims that.

the earliest you could have heard about it in the u.k is 1 .54 pm in most of europe it 2.54 pm .

Well considering that Flight 11 hit the North Tower at 0846 EDT or 1346GMT then the earliest anyone could possibly have heard about it would have been 1346, not 1354 as the OP claims. Now yes i do know that by the time it got picked up by the media it may have been around 14:00 most in the UK heard about the attacks but this timeline is important as its fundamental to the OP's claims.

But to move on to the OPs claims that 9/11 was being reported at 1120GMT or 0620 New York time. So now rather than going over my own recollection of events that day (which strongly contradict the OP's claims) lets look at how the news actually broke in the UK.

Now as you can see from this video the BBC were reporting this just before the second tower was hit, they make reference to it happening just before 9am local time which would be just before 1400 uk time.

So now we can see that the OP's timeline is questionable, as is the claim that it was reported earlier than stated in the UK press as above we can see the BBC's first report who broke the news in the uk.

But even more than that, the OPs claims makes absolutely no sense, it effectively implies that the whole saga of 9/11 that was playing on our TV's on 9/11 was fabricated. it implies that the UK was reporting the whole thing hours earlier and that no one other than the OP seems to have picked up on this.

Really the only way that the OP could be correct is if there was some tear in the fabric of time and he time traveled. Its ludicrous, there are so many problems with the OP's claim's its difficult to know where to start!

I dont think the OP is lying as such rather I just think he has got confused with UK time and New York time and this has confused his understanding of the chronology of events that took place on 9/11. I hope this now clears things up and the OP can see the error of his ways.

I also really hope the mods move this into a more appropriate forum as its clearly factually incorrect.
edit on 11-9-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

The time stamp on your YouTube video from BBC is 8:54 in the morning, sir, so I'm afraid you are mistaken - the BBC seems to have reported on the event early. I don't know - that time stamp could be wrong.

So I'll at least leave you with this awesome YouTube comment on the video to not completely waste your time:

This is probably the calmest report from 9/11 ever.

edit on 06amWed, 06 Nov 2013 04:45:38 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 06amWed, 06 Nov 2013 04:46:08 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

The time stamp is not wrong, its just stating New York time and not GMT (UK Time)

Also if you watch the video the reporter says it happened at 9am local time, which would be 2pm UK time.

That is why it appears like that.
edit on 6-11-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
dp
edit on 6-11-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
so the attack happened at 08.47.00 s and they had a film crew there and on television at 08.54.00 .

even if the newscrews etc were on site or there abouts it takes minutes to download and transmit data

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The time stamp on your YouTube video from BBC is 8:54 in the morning, sir, so I'm afraid you are mistaken - the BBC seems to have reported on the event early. I don't know - that time stamp could be wrong.

Thats because BBC was using feed from local TV station, these stations would have been Eastern Daylight Time
(EDT) aka 8:54 AM EDT

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

so the attack happened at 08.47.00 s and they had a film crew there and on television at 08.54.00 .
reply to post by geobro

Tuesday September 11, 2001 was election day - it was the primary for upcoming mayoral election
in November

There were camera crews from various TV stations reporting on the primary and doing "man in the street"
interviews

Dick Oliver from WNYW (TV 5 Fox) was reporting from near the WTC when plane hit - his camera had just set the camera down on the ground and were taking a break when plane came in

video.search.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A2KLqIJY.3pSyWcAHnH7w8QF;_ylu=X3o'___'B2ZGttbmIxBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDVjExNgRncG9zAzI-?p=dick+oliv er+911+camera&vid=55f1a403e4f64bfa5a410f709401b1ab&l=1%3A17&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DV.4826676872283575%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=http%3A %2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DcVEmAWaKoYQ&tit=9%2F11+WTC+Rare+Video+of+First+Plane+Attack+-+WNYW+TV&c=1&sigr=11aur6q0f&sigt=11jcssjam&age=0&&tt= b

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

firefight

Thats because BBC was using feed from local TV station, these stations would have been Eastern Daylight Time
(EDT) aka 8:54 AM EDT

but who apart from 5 dancing jews was videoing the first plane crash and how did it make tv so quick

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You guys know what's happening here? And this is why the events of 9-11 are so important, namely for what came afterwards.

This is hypnosis.

The OP was SHOCKED by what happened, as was everyone else watching it unfold, and was open to suggestion.
ANYTHING that was being hounded through the airwaves in respect to this event was taken in as completely factual by all of us fixated to our televisions, or in my case a radio (on lock down on a military installation. No TV, but listened "live" to radio broadcasts).

This thread is vitally important because it illustrates just how receptive we were to whatever we were being told.

I know I was in that mode for days. I can barely recollect those initial two or three days at all. All I knew is that we were going to war. And I was in lock-step with whatever the media was telling me.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

i did not give 2 xxxx about what was going on in america that day [ still dont ] all i cared about at the time was the g/f never stayed home for some rumpy as i had been working away for a while .

re read my original post and some other posters to see i am not the only one saying this

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join