It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want a high-speed, 92" Pershing Luxury Yacht, please and thank you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The Pershing 92 was designed for a very specific yachtsman or yachtswoman: one who wants both a luxurious motoryacht and high speed -- say, something like 40 knots. Combining those two requirements in a 92' yacht that typically can weigh 100 tons or more is not easy. But to those who like the adrenaline rush that comes from high speed in any vehicle, there is nothing like 40 knots in a large yacht. Let's find out how Pershing does it and what it is like.

The Pershing 92 is one of the fastest fiberglass production motoryachts in class thanks to lightweight construction, big engines and surface-piercing props.

Pershing Yachts is part of the Ferretti Group and this brand has been known since its founding in the 1980s for three things: speed, luxury and style. To a great degree, Pershing has been on the cutting edge of Italian nautical styling that has captured the imagination of the world. If you have ever seen a Pershing at a boat show or at the dock in its signature metallic silver, then you know that it is a hard image to forget. That is why, over the years, Pershing's style, lines and color have been much imitated. But the new Pershing 92 is the real thing.

The Mission

The mission of the Pershing 92 is to transport her guests in utter luxury to most anywhere they want to go as fast or faster than virtually any production 90' motoryacht on the water. For Pershing, that means traveling over 40 knots. Further, Pershing does that with reasonable power.

Most major metropolitan areas on a coast have a destination resort easily within striking distance of the 92, in terms of both range and time. For example, in the Med all of the Balearic Islands are within 200 nm of Barcelona, Porto Cervo is less than 200 nm from Rome, virtually all of the Greek islands are within 200 nm of Athens. That means in five hours a party can be taken to any one of hundreds of resort destinations.

In the U.S. most of the Bahamas are within 300 miles of Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, or Palm Beach. Nantucket is only 250 miles from Wall Street. Bar Harbor is only 210 miles from Boston Commons. The North Channel in Canada is only 250 miles from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.

With a range of 385 nautical miles at 38 knots the Pershing 92 can reach most any regional destination in a few hours without stopping for more fuel.

Distinguishing Features

Speed.

We have not tested the Pershing 92 so we cannot verify the claims of the builder. Nevertheless, because the boat has been built extremely light, and because she is powered by twin 16V MTU diesels generating up to 2,638-hp driving through surface-piercing props, we will take Pershing at its word. Pershing says the 92 will travel over 40 knots. We also are told that best cruise is about 38 knots and there the boat has a range of 385 nautical miles. Few, if any, boats in class can match this performance.

Lightweight.

The Pershing 92 is significantly lighter than six other will-known brands in this size-range that we checked. While that light weight allows her to go faster, it also means that she will burn less fuel when slowed down to the speeds where the other boats are normally run, say 15 to 20 knots. When we say "light", we mean 152,000 lbs. (69,090 kgs.) dry.

Styling. As noted, Pershing's style is distinctive and while it has evolved over the last 15 years, there is still no mistaking one of her sisters -- particularly if she is dressed in metallic silver. And her sleek styling is also aerodynamically correct, reducing air resistance to a minimum, much like a Lamborghini.

Garage.

The boat has a relatively wide and deep garage in the stern. In fact, it is so deep that the 92 is designed to handle both a tender and a jet ski, side by side. There are two "railways" from the garage right into the water for easy launching and retrieval. The jet ski comes standard with the boat.

Galley.

The galley is on the centerline and is flanked on either side by crew quarters. That is a crew bed in the background at left.

Galley below and aft. Europeans like their galleys out of sight and out of mind. The best way to do that is to re-position this area below, so that is what Pershing has done. But Pershing had an even better idea -- put the galley aft of the center of the boat on the centerline. From a chef's point of view this might be the best place on the boat because of reduced motion -- low, in the center of the boat and amidships. Access is via a stairway in the port corner of the saloon so that meals can be easily served both to the aft deck or the dining table forward.

Interior Décor.

Color. Pershing has used an earth-tone pallet for both the saloon and the accommodations of the 92. The builder relies heavily on Canaletto walnut wood with a horizontal pattern. This is augmented with ebony. Fabrics, wall coverings, and overhead panels are in shades of tan, sand, and light brown. Both black, white and gray anthracite-colored lacquer is used on overhead panels, bulkhead accents and overhead battens.

Lighting.

Pershing uses LED lighting wherever possible thus reducing the hazard of fire and conserving on electricity at the same time. Soft touch dimmer switches are used throughout the boat.

Décor details.

Poltrona Frau Leather is used extensively on the 92, particularly on headboards in the staterooms and in accents. Virtually all of the furniture and cabinets are made of Canaletto walnut and ebony. Carpet covers the GRP soles throughout the boat.

We would characterize the furniture both in the saloon and below as contemporary and in all cases it looks comfortable. We particularly like the mattress-on-platform treatment of the beds below, something found both in Europe and in Asia in five-star hotels. The interior bulkheads of the shower stalls are finished in mosaic which we find more attractive than fiberglass or lacquered composite which is usually used in this class of boat.

Virtually all curtains are electrically actuated as are hidden flat screen TVs and other devices.

More.. www.boattest.com...

Captain's Helm

I want one!

Will return tomorrow (don't have time right now), to talk about the "justification" (lol) and the why and how of it.. and maybe even explore how such a thing isn't incongruent with my Christian oriented faith and upbringing, because I can already imagine the heat and backlash I'm probably going to get for having such a lavish, over-the-top dream/goal, since the boat will cost anywhere from 7.5-9 mil slightly used.

It makes me laugh and feel like a kid just talking about it even as a possibility, so thanks in advance for humoring me and for letting me share this little dream boat with you.

Oh and by all means please, PLEASE share your own goals, hopes and dreams no matter how seemingly mundame or "over the top" they may appear at first glance. After all, anything is possible.

Best Regards,

NAM
September 10th, 20113 (for posterity - will update the thread later on once dream is realized).

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You want a 92" (inch) Yacht?
just wondering.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

How's it feel to want?

Ok, that was just mean of me. But that is one badass boat ain't it? I'd actually not even call it a yacht, but a ship.

My only thing with it is they could have extended it a bit and added a helicopter deck.

Go Big or Go Home!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

grey580
just wondering.

LOL that's FUNNY! I think I'll just leave it. The best things start out small. Small starts, big outcomes.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

grey580
just wondering.

And, I already have a 2.5" Ferrari sitting on my desk right in front of me.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Sorry but after having seen the billionaires megayachts, normal yachts are just paddle boats

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Ah but they don't go 40 knots now do they..

Those are wimpy, pinky-finger-extended floating castles for the hoity toity at least the one I want is the coolest, and fastest for it's rather diminuitive size.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
reply to post by Biigs

Ah but they don't go 40 knots now do they..

Those are wimpy, pinky-finger-extended floating castles for the hoity toity at least the one I want is the coolest, and fastest for it's rather diminuitive size.

And one painted black with remote Chain guns and HellFires! Pew! Pew! Pew!

Plunder those Mega Yachts Boys! YAaaargh!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

It will be called "The Silver Bullet", and there'll be none faster on the seas, argh.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'd prefer Black Betty (After Betty Page, she was a cutie, but with a mean streak as well)....well because it's painted black.

Silver catches eyes and attention. And reflects the sun and I hate sunburn.

9 more days till talk like a pirate day.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

TDawgRex

9 more days till talk like a pirate day.

I hadn't heard of that, is it a real day set aside or did you just make it up and start it? sound like fun, yaaargh have ya ever bin to sea..

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

It's a unofficial holiday. Look it up. It's on google. My VFW actually has a talk like a pirate day party. If you dress as a pirate, you can win a cash prize.

For me, that's a win-win as I know the Post Commander and he gives me free drinks, um, I mean Mead and Grog.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

TDawgRex

My VFW actually has a talk like a pirate day party. If you dress as a pirate, you can win a cash prize.

For me, that's a win-win

You must have a kick-ass pirate outfit/costume then, I presume.

I'll probably just end up playing my favorite Pirates of the Carribean pinball machine down at the local arcade, yaaargh.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Thank God for Taxis, I'd hate to try to explain to the cops why I'm driving with a big floppy hat , sword and patch over my eye.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I was just telling someone today I wanted a paddleboat...sigh........I want that more. Time to marry up or play the lotto? Crazy hot boat, and I'm a girl who usually doesn't get that excited over the big boy toys but I like it.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
wow very nice. Ya I thought about getting a boat from time to time. I'm still thinking about it. I really like the idea. Couldn't afford anything like that right now ha ha. Not even close. But maybe a rubber dingy from walmart on sale.

Here's what I'd get....

(post by MikeBiggers removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join